Everything Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    Baynes is not a good rebounder. Most he's ever averaged in a season is 5.6 (last year).. but he also doesn't play a lot. Most he played was last year at about 22mpg. In Boston it was between 16 and 18mpg.

So I'm a little worried about our center depth. I could see a lot of small ball. Hope OG is willing to take a bit of a beating.

Embiid for example plays about 30mpg.
    Stats wise he doesnt jump off the page but he is a big strong guy that can clear out space under the basket. He had his best year of his career last year and surprise surprise he got the most minutes he has ever played. Think if he is our starter playing 25 mins a game those rebounding numbers will be better
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Stats wise he doesnt jump off the page but he is a big strong guy that can clear out space under the basket. He had his best year of his career last year and surprise surprise he got the most minutes he has ever played. Think if he is our starter playing 25 mins a game those rebounding numbers will be better
      Yeah.. it's the other 23 minutes that worry me. I guess we'll use Chris some, but Nurse didn't use him at all in the playoffs last year, and Marc was a ghost for a lot of that Boston series. If he gets hurt or has to miss games, then we'll be in trouble I think.

One thing about Serge was that he was pretty reliable. He'd have some aches and pains but usually only missed like 5-6 games a season.

Comment

• We needed an Australian on the team to deal with the gators in Florida.

It's that simple.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
          Looks like NeedTristanThompson may have been right all along...
          I WAS right. Tho I never knew it would be like thisss :'(.

Losing Serge hurts a lot.

But it's all good bcz:

#SERGE2021
          #GIANNIS2021
          #KAWHI2021111111

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
            So:
            Bucks, Celtics, Heat, Nets, Philly, Raps.

Two of those teams will lose in the first round :|
            If you ask me its likely going to be the Heat that lose out or the philly

Comment

• How many spots do we have left on the roster? Are we picking up any guys that went undrafted?

Comment

• So what are the options now? Are we really going in the season with this frontcourt? What about Davis' case?

Can we still sign players?

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

I don't know what is your expectations this season but with the current roster this team isn't finishing in the top 4 of the Eastern conference & will have a rough time getting out of the first round in one piece.

On the bright side next year draft will surely be in the low 20's or high teens.
                  Its not that I have huge expectations, I just dont think this offseason makes us better short or longterm, we just didnt make mistake. Knowing Boucher is nonguarenteed next year makes me feel better as a hedge but both the big signings just feel like stopgaps. Im fine with going all in for next year, but that means we should try either gaining assets or 1 year talent and I feel like we missed out on both. I should reserve jusgement though, still are fliers to take and could make a Norm trade.

Comment

• A Norm earning 10 mil per year for a 1:1 trade is not enough to obtain a high impact player.

Comment

• Gasol gone to lakers.
                      Baynes, Boogie and Bouchard, let's go!

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

He played a lot when Ayton was suspended, and he played well. Solid defensively, can shoot a bit, plays hard. Minutes went down as the season went on (maybe he got hurt) and iirc Saric played over him in the bubble. Hes solid, but not sure you should be thrilled if he plays more than 20 min off the bench. I feel like we are betting on Boucher, OG and Hernandez as much as anything. Boucher still has a lot of potential, but and Masai and co isnt stupid so im cautiously optimistic Boucher turns a corner this year but hes got to prove it still.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                          The only good thing about the Lakers signing Gasol os they're probably the heavy fav to win it all next year. I wouldn't mind to see them win it all again next year.
                          BBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                            The news beat me to it but I was going to suggest this was the way it goes. I kind of see it as similar to when we were looking for a coach after Casey. People threw around "established" names like Bud but what established head coach was going to sign up for likely one year of Kawhi and then a rebuild. Those are totally different strengths. For this, whoever we are signing, they are going to be gone when Masai goes big game fishing next summer. So we would need someone who wants to prove their value for a year, not someone like Gasol. I wish the best to all our old bigs but...Go Nuggets
                            Didn't Nurse come before kawhi?

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                              A Norm earning 10 mil per year for a 1:1 trade is not enough to obtain a high impact player.
                              I wouldnt think so, Id just like something that has value after this year. Decided not to deal him at the draft (maybe there were no deals, idk), fine. But now that we missed out on any good bigs we should be getting future assets cause I would be shocked if hes a Raptor next year.

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post
                                So what are the options now? Are we really going in the season with this frontcourt? What about Davis' case?

Can we still sign players?
                                From last year's roster, the Raptors have lost Gasol and Ibaka. They've added Flynn and Baynes - so that's a 'push' in terms of roster spots

RHJ is a UFA, and the team has released Malcolm Miller - so that's two spots (currently)

Oshae Brissett and Paul Watson were the two-way players from last year - they're both RFAs at the moment. With the uncertainty of the G League, do the Raptors try to re-sign either/both to new two-way deals, or convert them to a full-time spot?

Also factor in Jalen Harris, who isn't guaranteed a roster spot, and where he fits in with the team

Comment

Working...
                                X