Everything Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quirk wrote: View Post
    Baynes is passable, for sure, not a terrible pick up by any means, but he is a huge downgrade from Gasol if he's our starter.
    We'll know more after the first 20 games of the season, but I doubt this is correct.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        Baynes is not a good rebounder. Most he's ever averaged in a season is 5.6 (last year).. but he also doesn't play a lot. Most he played was last year at about 22mpg. In Boston it was between 16 and 18mpg.

So I'm a little worried about our center depth. I could see a lot of small ball. Hope OG is willing to take a bit of a beating.

Embiid for example plays about 30mpg.
        So...he averages 5.6 rebounds a game, and 11 points, in only 22 mpg??? How is that compared to Marc or Serge?

Comment

• "The Indiana Pacers and Houston Rockets expressed exploratory interest in a potential sign-and-trade deal to land VanVleet before he re-signed with Toronto, league sources told HoopsHype." https://hoopshype.com/lists/nba-free...ey-jeff-green/

Indy, as many here had discussed. And then Houston. Wonder what those would've looked like. Dipo? ... Russ?

Either way -- he's here now

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
            Love this pickup.
            Baynes is solid.
            You called it.

Comment

• Is Bembry any good? I assume Rondae replacement?
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                Is Bembry any good? I assume Rondae replacement?
                Stanley Johnson level player
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Stanley Johnson level player
                  Stanley Johnson 361 days a year?, or BUBBLE LEGEND STANLEY JOHNSON??

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    Baynes is not a good rebounder. Most he's ever averaged in a season is 5.6 (last year).. but he also doesn't play a lot. Most he played was last year at about 22mpg. In Boston it was between 16 and 18mpg.

So I'm a little worried about our center depth. I could see a lot of small ball. Hope OG is willing to take a bit of a beating.

Embiid for example plays about 30mpg.
                    The lowish rebounds is because of the low minutes. Per 36 he averaged over 10 boards per game every year of his career , except his rookie year and last year in Phoenix where he started to be outside more shooting 3's ( but still average 9.1). Have always averaged double digits per 36 as well.

I think most teams have 1 bruiser and 1 more nimble C. He'll probably be matched with the opposing bruiser, and the other minutes will be taken up by Boucher and small ball looks. I was worried too today for our C position but with Baynes it's gonna work out.

Comment

• I hope we get to see LA v LA in the playoffs this year and get to see Serge and Marc bash the shit out of each other in the post. lol

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

The lowish rebounds is because of the low minutes. Per 36 he averaged over 10 boards per game every year of his career , except his rookie year and last year in Phoenix where he started to be outside more shooting 3's ( but still average 9.1). Have always averaged double digits per 36 as well.

I think most teams have 1 bruiser and 1 more nimble C. He'll probably be matched with the opposing bruiser, and the other minutes will be taken up by Boucher and small ball looks. I was worried too today for our C position but with Baynes it's gonna work out.
                        I think Baynes will see more minutes than he's been accustomed to. Boucher will likely have to spell Pascal off at PF at times too...
                        Still thin at PF. (we are, not Chris I mean, though him too. lol)
                        Last edited by GOLDBLUM; Sun Nov 22, 2020, 11:28 PM.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          Love that Schefter got this scoop lol

iirc Bembry has some potential though. Havent watched him in a while, but I believe hes one of those wings who would pop if he ever got his shot figured out. Can create a bit off the dribble and could be a decent defender, so yeah basically Johnson or RHJ

Comment

• Comment

• Another guard (listed as 6’5”) acquisition but one thing that stands out of Mr.Bembry is that he cannot shoot the three even with his life dependent on it.

Flynn
                              Harris
                              Van Vleet
                              Lowry
                              Matt Thomas
                              TD
                              Norman Powell
                              McCaw
                              Johnson

Nurse must be drooling with these ball handlers, but I’m sure Patrick McCaw is still the apple of his eyes

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                                Another guard (listed as 6’5”) acquisition but one thing that stands out of Mr.Bembry is that he cannot shoot the three even with his life dependent on it.

Flynn
                                Harris
                                Van Vleet
                                Lowry
                                Matt Thomas
                                TD
                                Norman Powell
                                McCaw
                                Johnson

Nurse must be drooling with these ball handlers, but I’m sure Patrick McCaw is still the apple of his eyes
                                Trade incoming?
                                I'd still like them to take a flyer on Boogie or else he's going to Denver or back to the GSW. Bring in an off the radar guy with some intrigue and upside on a 1 year deal.

Baynes, Boucher and Boogie, the Killer B's....
                                Last edited by G__Deane; Sun Nov 22, 2020, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X