No announcement yet.

Everything Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baynes and Len played just above 900mins last year, Boucher played above 800, with Gasol and Ibaka ahead of him.

I'd say the rotation is in no way set, and Boucher has a good a chance as any to be #1. Indeed, if they are auditioning Boucher for a bigger role, given his lack of bulk, Baynes and Len make complete sense as big bodies to roll with.

Looking at it this way, Boucher is the replacement for Gasol, Baynes for Ibaka and Len for last year's Boucher. It's is a a long shot to work out, but for a hold over year in which a 2nd round playoff exit is par, not a bad long shot.

People say Boucher looks "awkward" but his minutes where productive, more productive than Baynes or Len, more productive than Ibaka, and even, except for the supernatural defensive impact, even more than Gasol if you're talking net. OG and Siakam will need to work with who they got to pick up the defense hole left by beer papi, luckily all of Boucher, Baynes, and Len are plus defenders, even if they are not in Gasol's galaxy.

I want to see Boucher play 1400+ mins and be given a chance at MIP.

Don't tell me I'm crazy, I wont believe. Just let me dream.
    Last edited by Quirk; Mon Nov 23, 2020, 08:09 PM.

Comment

• part of me likes Boucher more at the 4 (he likes to hunt for the block) So my guess is he plays minutes at both 5 and 4.

Comment

• Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post
        part of me likes Boucher more at the 4 (he likes to hunt for the block) So my guess is he plays minutes at both 5 and 4.
        Yeah hes not a full time 5. Hes good flying around the court, attacking the rim for lobs, tip dunks, oboards, hunting for blocks, etc. That style becomes a bit easier as a 4 than a 5.

Comment

• So with most of free agency done....

Are the Raps a playoff team?
          Where do you see them landing ?

I say yes
          5 to 7th seed
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

• This season is kinda a wash and see what happens in 2021. What if we are plagued with minor injuries and tank for 1st pick

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
              This season is kinda a wash and see what happens in 2021. What if we are plagued with minor injuries and tank for 1st pick
              They went 53-19 last year and every single rotation player missed lots of games with injuries.

I guess Raps are going to surprise people again.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                So with most of free agency done....

Are the Raps a playoff team?
                Where do you see them landing ?

I say yes
                5 to 7th seed
                Yes 4-6
                4 is an outside chance imo. Too many things need to go right but more concerning is a 1st or 2nd round knockout.

If it really is all about cap space and Giannis, he's going to have to come here because of Masai and further promised changed, I don't think just for the team that will be here.

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
                  This season is kinda a wash and see what happens in 2021. What if we are plagued with minor injuries and tank for 1st pick
                  So you think the team is bad enough that with minor injuries, they could tank for a number 1 over all?

Comment

• 1st. Go Raptors!

Comment

• I say they're a top 4 seed again.

Comment

• my question now is this... should we go for nic batum and just waive TD?

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                          my question now is this... should we go for nic batum and just waive TD?
                          Serious? Why?

Comment

• Len signed for the rest of our MLE, just above his minimum salary, according to Grange. One year deal.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I would say it all depends on Siakim, but I gotta feeling OG is gonna break out in a star this year, raps should sign this guy before this year and trade Powell, free that money up, OG is you future, dont wait..nothing is guaranteed with Giannis.
                              4 to 5th seed, but more likely bottom 4 seed.
                              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Boogie Cousins signing a one-year, non-guaranteed deal with the Rockets. What are the odds they trade harden and/or Westbrook now?

I don't know what this means in $ terms but I still say he would have been worth a flyer in Toronto. Couldn't hurt over Len.....

Last edited by G__Deane; Mon Nov 23, 2020, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X