Everything Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demographic Shift wrote:

The Raps can spin this a couple of ways Puff..

1. They can play the "we don't have room for this kind of behaviour in our org card" and release Davis for breech of contract.

2. They can play the everyone needs a second chance card, that Davis is remorseful for his actions and has sought help and we will stand by him as he works through his personal demons in a publicly viewable job.

Lets see which path the organization goes down.
    Whatdayathink ?
    I'm kinda wishing that Davis truly was regretful of his behaviour, realized he needed to make big changes and sought counselling, asked Masai to mentor him, and otherwise proved his remorse so that he could pursue what started out to be a potentially great career. On the flip side, the possibility of losing a career path that could easily involve $100 million can truly make a person regretful. Unfortunately for the wrong reasons. Then there is the other side wherein a young guy realizes he could be potentially pissing away 100 big ones, and that makes him think how stupid he must be to have a set of values that would put him in that kind of a situation and then he takes action to get his head straight.

I was truly excited by what Davis could be for this team.

Best outcome, for the team and for Davis personally, he turns it around 180 degrees and sorts himself out, then becomes an example of a true leader and man. And has a great career as a member of the starting rotation, after winning 6th man of the year coming off the bench.

Comment

1. They can play the "we don't have room for this kind of behaviour in our org card" and release Davis for breech of contract.

2. They can play the everyone needs a second chance card, that Davis is remorseful for his actions and has sought help and we will stand by him as he works through his personal demons in a publicly viewable job.

Whatdayathink ?
      I feel because it's abuse towards women and children, the Raptors won't use option 2. If it were drug use/abuse, DUI, assault charges, drug charges, etc I think they would go down that road. However, considering that the Raps have prided themselves on hiring women into visible roles and promoting a family atmosphere within their team, domestic abuse has no place there, regardless if he's remorseful or not.

Now if it comes out that the women made the story up (the only reason I bring this up, as I too #believewomen, would be that he hasn't been waived/traded yet) I feel like if there was concrete doubt that the Raps would monitor how things turn out. The lack of action is the only reason why I think there could be some merit to this being a money grab. I feel like if it was an open/shut case and he was guilty he would have been waived shortly after the news broke.

Comment

• Our current roster so far
        FVV/PMcCaw/TDavis/MFlynn
        KLowry/NPowell/JHarris
        OG/DBembry/
        Pascal/CBoucher
        Baynes/ALen/DHerandez
        - That's 14 players on our roster and we might sign Paul Watson to a 2 way contract. We dont need to add anymore depth through FA. I think we need to trade some of the players.

Comment

• tenforthewin wrote: View Post
          Our current roster so far
          FVV/PMcCaw/TDavis/MFlynn
          KLowry/NPowell/JHarris
          OG/DBembry/
          Pascal/CBoucher
          Baynes/ALen/DHerandez
          - That's 14 players on our roster and we might sign Paul Watson to a 2 way contract. We dont need to add anymore depth through FA. I think we need to trade some of the players.
          Any good trade ideas?

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Any good trade ideas?
            I see what you did there.

Comment

• tenforthewin wrote: View Post
              Our current roster so far
              FVV/PMcCaw/TDavis/MFlynn
              KLowry/NPowell/JHarris
              OG/DBembry/
              Pascal/CBoucher
              Baynes/ALen/DHerandez
              You forgot Stanley Johnson and Matt Thomas.

1. Siakam
              2. Lowry
              3. VanVleet
              4. Powell
              5. Anonuby
              6. Baynes
              7. Boucher
              8. McCaw
              9. Davis
              10. Thomas
              11. Len
              12. Johnson
              13. Flynn
              14. Bembry
              15. Hernandez

We also have to sign 2 two-way.. most likely Harris and Watson. But we could also waive/drop Hernandez or someone like Johnson and sign a minimum contract or give that to Brissette.

Comment

• Miami can't get Giannis if this goes through:

Comment

• Or Giannis is planning to sign a supermax (Bam and Giannis share an agent). Either way big news.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

I'm kinda wishing that Davis truly was regretful of his behaviour, realized he needed to make big changes and sought counselling, asked Masai to mentor him, and otherwise proved his remorse so that he could pursue what started out to be a potentially great career. On the flip side, the possibility of losing a career path that could easily involve $100 million can truly make a person regretful. Unfortunately for the wrong reasons. Then there is the other side wherein a young guy realizes he could be potentially pissing away 100 big ones, and that makes him think how stupid he must be to have a set of values that would put him in that kind of a situation and then he takes action to get his head straight.

I was truly excited by what Davis could be for this team.

Best outcome, for the team and for Davis personally, he turns it around 180 degrees and sorts himself out, then becomes an example of a true leader and man. And has a great career as a member of the starting rotation, after winning 6th man of the year coming off the bench.
                    I would hate to let TD go.
                    Can we just trade him to the Bucks, for youknowwho?

Comment

Whatdayathink ?
                      My guess would be that golden's trade scenario is the most likely - Raps don't bury his career and try to give him a soft landing for a second chance but it's untenable for him to stay.

Having said that, and noting that precedent is not always valuable in these cases and without arguing the merits of it at all, the Raps very publicly backed Adrian Griffin when it would have been easy to exit from the relationship. They also signed James Johnson off a domestic violence charge as a free agent and let's not forget our very own lovable Kyle Lowry pled guilty to battery of a female referee.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Or Giannis is planning to sign a supermax (Bam and Giannis share an agent). Either way big news.
                        Very possible.
                        I love how these things work. Lol

Players (and agents) rule this game.

Comment

• Just keep TD, and be practical about instead of being emotional. The organization will turn him around if what happened actually happened. No need to sacrifice your assets everyone deserves a chance for redemption.

Last edited by RandomGuy; Tue Nov 24, 2020, 04:04 PM.
                          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Ingram got a max deal too (no surprise)

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              Or Giannis is planning to sign a supermax (Bam and Giannis share an agent). Either way big news.
                              that's how i would interpret this. if they're extending bam then they have some inside knowledge of giannis' intentions.

in which case we should extend OG before this season. if we can get him for less than fred that'll be a win when the extension kicks in.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

that's how i would interpret this. if they're extending bam then they have some inside knowledge of giannis' intentions.

in which case we should extend OG before this season. if we can get him for less than fred that'll be a win when the extension kicks in.
                                Maybe.. or Bam just wanted the extension and didn't want to wait. Or Giannis doesn't want to go to Miami, and told his agent that, but is keeping his options open to Toronto/Dallas. Still several possibilities.

I'm sticking to optimism for now

Comment

Working...
                                X