Everything Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Year 7...its a lucky number. Maybe he will make it.

Sigh.. worst raptors offseason ever!!

Comment

• HogieTime wrote: View Post

He's still two years away from being two years away though
      AHAHA might be TRUUUUUUUUUUUUU

#BRUNO2022222222222222
      #KAWHIIIIIIIIII20211111

Comment

• I was looking up the draft that Bruno was in, and we really didn't miss out on much picking him. Jokic was in the 40s but no one knew how good he'd be.

Comment

• HogieTime wrote: View Post
          I was looking up the draft that Bruno was in, and we really didn't miss out on much picking him. Jokic was in the 40s but no one knew how good he'd be.
          Oh man, can you imagine....

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
            Pretty disappointed about Dewan... I liked him. I trust Masai and Co, though.
            Meh, everything I heard about his development sounded like he was performing poorly. Raps organization doesn't normally give up on a prospect so quickly, so there has to be a somewhat major issue with him. This gives Masai another roster spot to play around with.

I'm curious why there hasn't been a decision made about TD yet. Could they actually be planning to throw their support behind him and move forward with him on the roster? Would have thought if they were going to trade him, it would have already happened. Can't see them waiving him for nothing.

Comment

• I'm guessing with Davis. They might be taking as much time as they can to be right about the direction to take with him. They might even be consulting guys like Kyle and Fred and getting their perspective.

Comment

• Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post
                I'm guessing with Davis. They might be taking as much time as they can to be right about the direction to take with him. They might even be consulting guys like Kyle and Fred and getting their perspective.
                It's Masai and the Raps, they will do their due diligence before making a decision, but it's been a while already. Is the court date for the charges against TD before the Sunday deadline to waive him?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

It's Masai and the Raps, they will do their due diligence before making a decision, but it's been a while already. Is the court date for the charges against TD before the Sunday deadline to waive him?
                  It's after the decision day on committing to the guarantee.

Comment

Dec 11th I think? So well after.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Interesting decision.. maybe couldn't find anything in the NBA for more than the minimum and jetted town.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Dec 11th I think? So well after.
                        It would be incredibly bad form if the Raps waived TD and the charges are thrown out in court a few weeks later. So, I'm assuming that it's a 99% probability that they guarantee TD for the season.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

It would be incredibly bad form if the Raps waived TD and the charges are thrown out in court a few weeks later. So, I'm assuming that it's a 99% probability that they guarantee TD for the season.
                          What would the blow back be if they guarantee him and the court then rules against him? What options do the Raps have at that point other than a buyout?

I would imagine the organization has already done an internal investigation into the allegations and their lawyers can advise exactly what the court ruling will be.

Comment

What would the blow back be if they guarantee him and the court then rules against him? What options do the Raps have at that point other than a buyout?

I would imagine the organization has already done an internal investigation into the allegations and their lawyers can advise exactly what the court ruling will be.
                            Well, a guilty verdict likely means a long, NBA/NBPA mandated suspension. If the Raps waive him at that point they might get in trouble with the NBPA for punishing TD twice, essentially.

I think if they keep him, it is either because a) they just want to keep him or b) they intend to trade him, either before the verdict/sentencing or after the (possible) suspension.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Well, a guilty verdict likely means a long, NBA/NBPA mandated suspension. If the Raps waive him at that point they might get in trouble with the NBPA for punishing TD twice, essentially.

I think if they keep him, it is either because a) they just want to keep him or b) they intend to trade him, either before the verdict/sentencing or after the (possible) suspension.
                              Bold is important. I know the current push is to cut him loose just based on the accusation (and the accusation sounds pretty probable, in my opinion), but one of the realities is there's built in disciplinary recourse within the NBA's personnel system already. Whether the Raptors as an organization want to keep a guy on board while proceeding through that or cut him loose after the guilty verdict is up to them, different organizations have been doing this differently as these cases come up. One of the interesting things though is often the current employer cuts the player loose then another franchise picks him up and there's not nearly as much blowback/public opposition for that second employer (though still some). That pisses me off a bit tbh, that means these decisions are more about optics and PR than anything else. I respect that the Raptors are not going to make knee-jerk decisions just for optics and PR. Personally I think the right thing for them to do is to wait for the verdict and go from there, even if it disadvantages them re: salary cap and contractual obligations. You owe it to your employee to be a fair employer and you also owe it to the potential victim to be a fair employer, just from a whole-society perspective. That means you have to be willing to take appropriate action in either direction, but it should be well informed.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Bold is important. I know the current push is to cut him loose just based on the accusation (and the accusation sounds pretty probable, in my opinion), but one of the realities is there's built in disciplinary recourse within the NBA's personnel system already. Whether the Raptors as an organization want to keep a guy on board while proceeding through that or cut him loose after the guilty verdict is up to them, different organizations have been doing this differently as these cases come up. One of the interesting things though is often the current employer cuts the player loose then another franchise picks him up and there's not nearly as much blowback/public opposition for that second employer (though still some). That pisses me off a bit tbh, that means these decisions are more about optics and PR than anything else. I respect that the Raptors are not going to make knee-jerk decisions just for optics and PR. Personally I think the right thing for them to do is to wait for the verdict and go from there, even if it disadvantages them re: salary cap and contractual obligations. You owe it to your employee to be a fair employer and you also owe it to the potential victim to be a fair employer, just from a whole-society perspective. That means you have to be willing to take appropriate action in either direction, but it should be well informed.
                                While I agree the right thing to do would be to wait for the verdict...and in my mind their own investigation has probably given them a pretty accurate idea of that verdict...I have to disagree about the "just for optics and PR" comment. For all we know this could impact perception of the franchise and Giannis' decision on where to go in free agency. He's married or has girlfriend he has a kid with. She may not like the idea of him going to a team that has players that beat their GF's (allegedly or not). An organization like the Rap's doesn't always have the luxury of doing right thing. Damage control and PR are huge priorities.

Comment

Working...
                                X