X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

There is a little bit of precedence with Adrian Griffin's ordeal last season. They stood by him while the allegations were made. Maybe they did some due diligence, but they could have cut him and played the damage control card.

And with TD they had plenty of time to cut him already and have not yet. This seems like they are taking the long approach which they should.
      I think in both Griffin and TD's situation the organization does their own investigation and have inside knowledge of how the court will rule before the ruling. That's why I'm almost inclined to think and of course this is pure speculation, that they are taking so long because they may have information the accusations are false. At least that is what I'm hoping for both TD and the organization.

Comment

• Think this is re Len, and not Baynes, but it’s about one of the two.

Masai and Co covering all their bases, as we would expect.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
          Think this is re Len, and not Baynes, but it’s about one of the two.

Masai and Co covering all their bases, as we would expect.

btw it's a brilliant way of how you do tempering the right way.

Comment

• That is some genius level cap work by Bobby. Let's trade for Giannis before the season starts. Like we did with Kawhi.

Comment

• Also signals to Giannis, "hey, remember how your current, moronic front-office couldn't even work out the most basic and essential details of a sign and trade before they bungled the fuck out of it for all to see?? Embarrassing stuff, hey? Yeah, we don't do that shit."

Comment

• So unless we waive someone else, it'll be Brissett, Watson, Harris, Johnson and the other camp invites competing for the final full roster spot and the two 2-way spots?
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• can Powell & OG get you Beal?
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                    can Powell & OG get you Beal?
                    I think he makes too much.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Are the charges "probable", though?

IIRC, from the reports of the actual charges filed... they all start with: "The Plaintiff said...." that so & so occurred, or something like that. There are no accounts of any eyewitnesses.

One possible scenario is a situation where TD may be actually guilty, but the charges are dropped because there are no un-biased witnesses, i.e., he-said, she-said. We may never know the truth. That's a real moral dilemma for the organization.
                      The story was he struck her repeatedly in the face and she did go to the hospital for treatment and released. He also smashed her phone when she wouldn't stop filming him.

Now I have no idea if he's guilty or not but I smashed a women in the face in anger multiple times, I doubt she's being released from the hospital a few hours later and the evidence against me would be quite obvious. There's no way she wouldn't have a broken cheekbone or eye socket or nose or worse. I actually have little doubt that they had an argument, it got heated, maybe physical but I also doubt he hit her in the face multiple times.

The charges are serious and multiple though so there's that. All we know from his side is he intends to plead not guilty as per his lawyer.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                        can Powell & OG get you Beal?
                        Look at this way.. we have a lot of expiring contracts (Lowry, Baynes, Boucher, Davis, McCaw, Johnson, Len, possibly Norm). We have all our picks (except for 3 second rounders). And we have some youth with upside (OG, VanVleet, Siakam, Flynn).

We have the assets to pull off any trade in the NBA. The question is always going to be who is available to be traded, and what assets by our front office are considered untouchable for those players.

Comment

Look at this way.. we have a lot of expiring contracts (Lowry, Baynes, Boucher, Davis, McCaw, Johnson, Len, possibly Norm). We have all our picks (except for 3 second rounders). And we have some youth with upside (OG, VanVleet, Siakam, Flynn).

We have the assets to pull off any trade in the NBA. The question is always going to be who is available to be traded, and what assets by our front office are considered untouchable for those players.
                          Isn't it fair to say that even with Lowry, there are no untouchables on this team for the right player return?
                          I mean we all want to keep Siakam, FVV and OG but there are no untouchables here any longer.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Isn't it fair to say that even with Lowry, there are no untouchables on this team for the right player return?
                            I mean we all want to keep Siakam, FVV and OG but there are no untouchables here any longer.
                            I would think for now Siakam is the only untouchable. Since we just gave him a max extension. But the DeMar and JV trades pretty much confirmed that nobody is an untouchable on this team.

Comment

• If anybody cares.. The Athletic has a Black Friday deal (expires in about 70 hours) where you can get a subscription for $1 a month, for 12 months (basically $12 a year). Regular price is $10 a month (or $60 a year).

Blake Murphy is a regular writer. Looking forward to some good NBA content.

My go to site was ESPN but since most of those writers are now behind a paywall (viewable with an ESPN+ subscription), I was always planning to switch anyway. This $12 offer was a no brainer for me. So perfect timing.

Comment

If anybody cares.. The Athletic has a Black Friday deal (expires in about 70 hours) where you can get a subscription for $1 a month, for 12 months (basically $12 a year). Regular price is $10 a month (or $60 a year).

Blake Murphy is a regular writer. Looking forward to some good NBA content.

My go to site was ESPN but since most of those writers are now behind a paywall (viewable with an ESPN+ subscription), I was always planning to switch anyway. This $12 offer was a no brainer for me. So perfect timing.
                                That's awesome!! Damn I subscribed like 2 weeks ago just to see Blake's articles againnnn and I'm at like 4 or 5/month wonder if I can like unsubscribe and resubscribe haha.

Man so much paywalls! Age of paywalls hey??

Btw

Speaking of things wo a paywall!

Some of you like I think RandomGuy said u'd follow me if I had a youtube channel. I don't yet, but I have a twitter feed! Feel free to check it out if u want. Plz help me attain the goal of

#KAWHIIIII20211111111111111

https://twitter.com/rapspodcastfan

#KAWHIIIIIIIIII2021111111111111

Comment

Working...
                                X