Everything Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    Really surprised he didn't go for a 2+1 and then get 35% of the cap after being a 10 year vet. Even if injured he's the type of star that would still get a max, like KD did in Brooklyn.
    Things are a lot more uncertain after LeBron's 2 year extension.

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post

It's a question for 2021, if Kahwi is available.

Giannis is a no brainer, but a 31 year old Kawhi is less obvious.
      I would take Kawhi over Giannis anyday of the week and twice on sundays.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

I would take Kawhi over Giannis anyday of the week and twice on sundays.
        Eh idk man, Kawhi will be a top 5 player for max what? 3 years? Giannis could be perrenial MVP candidate for the next decade. Hes a couple developments and a better coach away from a GOAT level next decade imo, the potential dynasty is too much to miss on imo

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

Eh idk man, Kawhi will be a top 5 player for max what? 3 years? Giannis could be perrenial MVP candidate for the next decade. Hes a couple developments and a better coach away from a GOAT level next decade imo, the potential dynasty is too much to miss on imo
          Im pretty certain that if either of Leonard or the Alphabet announced their intentions to play for the raptors in a years time there would be errections the size of the CN Tower from pretty much everyone on this board.
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

• I don't know why everyone is being so silly here. We're obviously getting both next year.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Im pretty certain that if either of Leonard or the Alphabet announced their intentions to play for the raptors in a years time there would be errections the size of the CN Tower from pretty much everyone on this board.
              Yeah lol you sign the first guy who is interest and never look back. In a vacuum and given a choice I’d be hardpressed to miss on Giannis.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                Sucks for Westbrook, a really good player and a good teammate from what players are saying (opposite from what media is saying). He just needs a proper system to be tamed and flourish. Gets traded like a commodity these days, yes due to his contract, but I think he's worth it if used properly.
                The guy has averaged a triple-double three of the last four years and D'Antoni turned him into a beast after Christmas this past season. It isn't his coaches' fault. There is no system where Westbrook averages a triple -triple. The problem is that he thinks he is a #1 guy, is paid like a #1 guy and his style of play means he needs to be treated like a #1 guy, except the limitations in his game make him a #2 or even #3 guy come playoff time.

It's not that he's a bad guy or that there is anything wrong with him. It's just that he isn't good enough to build a true contender around. Very few players are (Lebron, Kawhi, Doncic(?), Giannis, Harden(?), Durant(?), Curry). He's a terrific player but if he is your best player your ceiling is conference finals only if everything breaks perfect for your team. He's not the only guy like this it's just that his contract makes him stand out.

Comment

Like i always say, give me an elite winger over an elite big man anyday. You're not going to win a championship if your best player is a big man especially in today's era. Kareem couldn't win a title with the Lakers before Magic. Shaq is like the luckiest SOB in NBA history because he always had an elite winger to play with. What if he didn't have Kobe in LA? or Wade in Miami?

If Giannis signs here next year then we still need to add an elite winger to compliment him.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Bleacher Reports says Raps can add PJ Tucker which we all should agree on 101%.
                    Make it happen Masai!

Comment

Kawhi may be the better player in the Playoffs at the moment, but his injuries will always be a concern. He limped his way to a championship in Toronto. Giannis is still young and already a 2 time MVP winner, surround him with good talent and a guard who can handle the ball and create shots for himself and others and you're good to go.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                        Bleacher Reports says Raps can add PJ Tucker which we all should agree on 101%.
                        Make it happen Masai!
                        we would have to drop someone though.... who would you drop?

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Kawhi may be the better player in the Playoffs at the moment, but his injuries will always be a concern. He limped his way to a championship in Toronto. Giannis is still young and already a 2 time MVP winner, surround him with good talent and a guard who can handle the ball and create shots for himself and others and you're good to go.
                          kawhi will likely never play a full season again....

so I agree with you.

I'd pick giannis. Kawhi has that refined skillful jordan type game.

Giannis has insane physical tools and as he works on his game has higher potential. Like Shaq level..

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

we would have to drop someone though.... who would you drop?
                            If waiving a guaranteed salary to pick up PJ Tucker wasn't likely to be a problem, the obvious answers are dropping Stanley Johnson or dropping Patrick McCaw. But I expect it would be a problem.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                              Bleacher Reports says Raps can add PJ Tucker which we all should agree on 101%.
                              Make it happen Masai!
                              Is it an opinion piece? Because Tucker was playing pickup ball with both Wall and Harden just a few weeks ago. I don't think Tucker wants to leave.. and I doubt Houston would give him up since he's pretty cheap (only makes about $8M and is an expiring contract).

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

kawhi will likely never play a full season again....

so I agree with you.

I'd pick giannis. Kawhi has that refined skillful jordan type game.

Giannis has insane physical tools and as he works on his game has higher potential. Like Shaq level..
                                This season will be telling, but at this moment + with the power of hindsight I'm wondering if Kawhi didn't have the perfect situations in SAS and TOR. Two deep, talented teams with great coaching and very strong, mature locker room leadership. He could slot in on those teams with top tier basketball skills. But he has major health concerns your team has to be deep enough to absorb and he appears to have major leadership deficiencies. I'm not sure if he'll adjust to do what he needs to do in the locker room in LA? Or will he continue to insist on his own special treatment? I'd wager on the latter and I'm not sure if he'll find that perfect situation again. Your 1A star usually has to help you build that and doesn't just get to parachute into it.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X