No announcement yet.

Everything Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So ESPN I guess thinks Pascal got overpaid, and Fred's value was on point? This is all just a way to get clicks.. unfortunately for them they are under a paywall now. I think ESPN's going to lose a lot of business quite frankly. I like Lowe but it's not worth paying for an ESPN+ membership.. actually I don't even know if they offer it in Canada.

Comment

• If the Clippers didn't snag Ibaka (ESPN rank: 66), their next highest ranked player after Kawhi & PG would have been Pat Beverley (90). Why, Serge?

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        So ESPN I guess thinks Pascal got overpaid, and Fred's value was on point? This is all just a way to get clicks.. unfortunately for them they are under a paywall now. I think ESPN's going to lose a lot of business quite frankly. I like Lowe but it's not worth paying for an ESPN+ membership.. actually I don't even know if they offer it in Canada.

yeah if i'm paying for subscription i don't want bait articles
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Kyrie and Westbrook gonna be more pizzed than DeRozan lol
          My favourite part is their write up on DeMar actually highlights his consistency - that his stats the last 2 years are basically the exact same. Then they dropped him almost 40 spots in the rankings last year to this year. Pretty high unintentional comedy level.

How anyone can say a guy who puts up 22-6-6 running his team's offence is the 82nd best player in the NBA is beyond me. I get all the caveats re: DeMar's game. There are not 81 better basketball players than him in the NBA.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

yeah if i'm paying for subscription i don't want bait articles
            ESPN is ESPN but it was still a bit of a go-to hub for me, at least to scan headlines & to read Zach Lowe. They've thrown pretty well everything behind the paywall. The Athletic has good sports journalism but is it as good of a 5 minute pitstop to catch up on NBA news at a glance?
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

My favourite part is their write up on DeMar actually highlights his consistency - that his stats the last 2 years are basically the exact same. Then they dropped him almost 40 spots in the rankings last year to this year. Pretty high unintentional comedy level.

How anyone can say a guy who puts up 22-6-6 running his team's offence is the 82nd best player in the NBA is beyond me. I get all the caveats re: DeMar's game. There are not 81 better basketball players than him in the NBA.
              Especially when Lonzo Ball is in the 50's.

Comment

• I'm old school in that I don't believe in paying for much that should be getting their revenue from the ads they force on me....hate'n on pay walls

Comment

I'm old school in that I don't believe in paying for much that should be getting their revenue from the ads they force on me....hate'n on pay walls
                  I subscribe to a few things through Substack but it has to be expert, insightful, unique product. The Athletic would probably come the closest for sports but I would never pay for ESPN content, for example. 99% of it is garbage.

Comment

I'm old school in that I don't believe in paying for much that should be getting their revenue from the ads they force on me....hate'n on pay walls
                    Yeah my problem with NBA roght now is that with the recent growth it feels like a money grab at every corner now. The ball is as good as ever right now imo but it seems like its getting harder to find good quality ways to watch it, read about it, discuss it, etc.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

It's insane. Can you imagine what KCP would look like on the spurs? LMAO

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        So ESPN I guess thinks Pascal got overpaid, and Fred's value was on point?
                        i'm not sure why you say that? both are paid fairly in my opinion. pascal is the 30th highest paid player in the league next year, fred is 50th. both rank higher in the player rankings (for whatever stock you put into them, i put none).

obviously there are some brutal contracts on that list ahead of them but there are at least as many players underpaid on rookie contracts, so i'd say their contracts are right in line with the market.

both have room to grow and make their contracts better value, as well.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

i'm not sure why you say that? both are paid fairly in my opinion. pascal is the 30th highest paid player in the league next year, fred is 50th. both rank higher in the player rankings (for whatever stock you put into them, i put none).

obviously there are some brutal contracts on that list ahead of them but there are at least as many players underpaid on rookie contracts, so i'd say their contracts are right in line with the market.

both have room to grow and make their contracts better value, as well.
                          I'm not saying they were overpays (well for Fred I do, but that's because I'm not really that high on him). I think Pascal definitely deserved a max contract. But when I first saw the rankings and I saw where Bam and Tatum were compared to Siakam I was insinuating that ESPN felt Pascal made too much.

But he is ahead of Fox and Ingram and slightly behind Murray. Both got rookie max extensions too. So a second look and I think it's fair value based on ESPN's ranking

Comment

• ESPN ranked Zion #19 lmfao. They put him ahead of guys like KAT, Murray Gobert, Beal, Westbrook. I still don't see what people see in Zion. I watched a couple of Pels games last year and I wasn't really all that impressed.

It's crazy how he's ranked #19 and DeRozan #82.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                              ESPN ranked Zion #19 lmfao. They put him ahead of guys like KAT, Murray Gobert, Beal, Westbrook. I still don't see what people see in Zion. I watched a couple of Pels games last year and I wasn't really all that impressed.

It's crazy how he's ranked #19 and DeRozan #82.
                              The advanced stats are pretty impressive. He's an offensive machine already, mostly because of his vertical spacing and efficiency around the rim combined with his ability to hit the offensive glass.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

The advanced stats are pretty impressive. He's an offensive machine already, mostly because of his vertical spacing and efficiency around the rim combined with his ability to hit the offensive glass.
                                I can't put him ahead of guys like Beal and KAT and Murray and Westbrook and Gobert and I'm sure i'm missing more names. No way he's a top 30 player.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X