Everything Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post

I can't put him ahead of guys like Beal and KAT and Murray and Westbrook and Gobert and I'm sure i'm missing more names. No way he's a top 30 player.
    i think it's pretty fair if the rankings are meant as projections for next season. it's a small sample size but at age 19 his efficiency was somewhere between that of rookie shaq and rookie wilt.

Comment

I can't put him ahead of guys like Beal and KAT and Murray and Westbrook and Gobert and I'm sure i'm missing more names. No way he's a top 30 player.
      I mostly agree with you. He's still very good though, and by the end of the season could very well be a top 15 player. Or back on the IR.

Comment

Also, at this point, Gobert is seriously overrated. I understand he can anchor a defense, but there's no way a top 30 player should be played right off the floor in every playoffs matchup he's ever played while producing next to nothing on the other end. The DPOY should actually be a game-changing defender in the playoffs, not a matchup guy.

Comment

Agreed. Hes great but was beyond a liability defensively. Unless he puts a lot of work into his body, I cant see him playing big minutes. Hes nuts attacking north south and already a dominant guy inside attacking the basket/glass but hes got waaay too many problems to be labled a top 30 guy already. Everyone loves potential over production.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

The advanced stats are pretty impressive. He's an offensive machine already, mostly because of his vertical spacing and efficiency around the rim combined with his ability to hit the offensive glass.
            Advanced stats is like the stock market. Lol
            Drafting based on potential can work, but shouldn't be used in actual rankings like this.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Advanced stats is like the stock market. Lol
              Drafting based on potential can work, but shouldn't be used in actual rankings like this.
              Not sure what you're trying to say here... they paint part of the picture. They are valuable.

Comment

• They have Davis way too high; Kawhi and Steph too low.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• So it's being reported that Harden has now expanded his list of teams to be traded to include Miami and Milwaukee, to go along with Brooklyn and Philly.

Toronto of course has been left out of consideration despite having a great supporting cast. Must say though depending on what is going the other way in a potential trade to Miami or Milwaukee, the defense and 3 pt shooting those teams are capable of is exactly what Harden needs to be surrounded with.

Comment

They have Davis way too high; Kawhi and Steph too low.

Oof, the recency bias is strong in that last.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

They have Davis way too high; Kawhi and Steph too low.

luka and lillard also too high

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                        So it's being reported that Harden has now expanded his list of teams to be traded to include Miami and Milwaukee, to go along with Brooklyn and Philly.
                        no lakers or clippers though, he's too much of a competitor

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

no lakers or clippers though, he's too much of a competitor
                          No western Conf teams on his list. He might be looking for the least competition to get to the finals actually 😂

Comment

• Comment

• ^ Damn. That's a LeBron James type contract. What if he's playoff performance last season wasn't a fluke, what if he's on the decline? what if Kawhi leaves next year?
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

^ Damn. That's a LeBron James type contract. What if he's playoff performance last season wasn't a fluke, what if he's on the decline? what if Kawhi leaves next year?
                                He's a 10 year vet now, so can get basically a supermax contract. I expect Kawhi to get a similar offer. Would be really surprising if he doesn't sign either.

Comment

Working...
                                X