X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 free agency is getting weaker and weaker lol

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
      ^ Damn. That's a LeBron James type contract. What if he's playoff performance last season wasn't a fluke, what if he's on the decline? what if Kawhi leaves next year?
      Why do you think he took the money now?

Comment

• nba_4_life wrote: View Post
        2021 free agency is getting weaker and weaker lol
        It's Giannis or bust for the Raptors. LeBron, Kawhi, PG....these guys were never going to sign here.

If Giannis re-signs in MIL, i still want to know what Plan B is? please don't say Oladipo, he's one of the most overrated players in the game. The next 2 best FA's after Giannis, LeBron and Kawhi are Lowry and Gobert.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

Not sure what you're trying to say here... they paint part of the picture. They are valuable.
          Kobe knows.
          https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bus...-2014-10%3famp

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

i think it's pretty fair if the rankings are meant as projections for next season. it's a small sample size but at age 19 his efficiency was somewhere between that of rookie shaq and rookie wilt.
            Even if its projections, that list is still way off.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

He's a 10 year vet now, so can get basically a supermax contract. I expect Kawhi to get a similar offer. Would be really surprising if he doesn't sign either.
              Kawhi is most likely not going to sign.
              He had his time with his family and his brand never really took off, who are we kidding he is competing with LeBron in LA. His uncle is a fool and he should've known by now. Clippers is a crappy org and he's never winning with them.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

It's Giannis or bust for the Raptors. LeBron, Kawhi, PG....these guys were never going to sign here.

If Giannis re-signs in MIL, i still want to know what Plan B is? please don't say Oladipo, he's one of the most overrated players in the game. The next 2 best FA's after Giannis, LeBron and Kawhi are Lowry and Gobert.
                i think plan b is essentially tweaking around and developing the core we have, remaining competitive, and staying flexible for the next opportunity at a big fish.

some will call that a treadmill but i disagree

Comment

• One thing that George signing does is increase the value of him to smaller market teams. Before he was on an expiring, so not a lot of teams are willing to fork out multiple picks or young players for a rental, now the clippers can recoup some assets if this season goes south, like a trade to phili, Minnesota, atlanta or the nets

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Even if its projections, that list is still way off.
                    oh it's a fucking ridiculous list and i'm not defending it. i'm just saying it's not completely ridiculous to project a guy who was historically productive for his age as a rookie to enter the top 20 in year 2 if he's healthy.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

i think plan b is essentially tweaking around and developing the core we have, remaining competitive, and staying flexible for the next opportunity at a big fish.

some will call that a treadmill but i disagree
                      Plan B would be a trade wouldn't it? If they have cap space they will need to use it. Always disgruntled stars looking to move and Raps have contracts and players to move.

Comment

• nba_4_life wrote: View Post
                        One thing that George signing does is increase the value of him to smaller market teams. Before he was on an expiring, so not a lot of teams are willing to fork out multiple picks or young players for a rental, now the clippers can recoup some assets if this season goes south, like a trade to phili, Minnesota, atlanta or the nets
                        Just saw the numbers. Wow. Makes Siakam's contract look like a bargain basement discount.

Can a team win paying George that kind of money?

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Plan B would be a trade wouldn't it? If they have cap space they will need to use it. Always disgruntled stars looking to move and Raps have contracts and players to move.
                          they have to reach the salary floor but they don't need to use all of it. but yeah what you're saying is basically what i was getting at. i see the FA spending next summer more on medium contracts like a re-signed norm if he has a good year or on someone like josh richardson rather than blowing their loads on rudy gobert or oladipo.

then packaging young players and picks along with those medium contracts as trade filler at the next opportunity.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Just saw the numbers. Wow. Makes Siakam's contract look like a bargain basement discount.

Can a team win paying George that kind of money?
                            Probably no, but look at the hornets, they got a lesser player in hayward to a monster deal. teams do want to be competitive enough to make the playoffs, soo yeah. Could really see Atlanta jump on to trading some young players for George next year if both team struggle this year. Also can see the nets trade for george and have him as a third star

Comment

• Not sure the source but G98 fm just said theres rumours of lowry for george because kawhi wants lowry. Fuuuuk that!

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                                Not sure the source but G98 fm just said theres rumours of lowry for george because kawhi wants lowry. Fuuuuk that!
                                How about:

PG to Bucks
                                Lowry to Clippers
                                Giannis to Raps

Comment

Working...
                                X