Everything Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

It certainly makes that situation not better.

Also now it seems like it was a bad call low balling Ibaka.
    I don't agree with that. I think flexibilty is a better asset than Ibaka at this point.

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post

I don't agree with that. I think flexibilty is a better asset than Ibaka at this point.
      I guess we will wait and see what that flexibility can bring.

Comment

It certainly makes that situation not better.

Also now it seems like it was a bad call low balling Ibaka.
        Nah good thing we didn't commit to vets long term. Right now is good opportunity to take a step back and get a decent pick.
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Nah good thing we didn't commit to vets long term. Right now is good opportunity to take a step back and get a decent pick.
          it ain't gonna be a lottery pick but another rotation player that won't get us over in the playoffs.

So asset collection?!

Comment

it ain't gonna be a lottery pick but another rotation player that won't get us over in the playoffs.

So asset collection?!
            You can use a pick to get another piece or trade down to lottery if you add a player. Many avenues to go to. Asset accumulation makes no sense when it comes to vets like Ibaka. the whole idea of getting Ibaka so you can trade him doesn't lend us anything. The only teams who would be interested are contenders and they are not willing to part with anything worthwhile and their picks are more likely to be late first round.
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
              On the plus side, the Bucks are not going to get any better for a long time. Not sure adding Drew is going to help them in the playoffs.
              Believe it or not, lebron will eventually retire.....during this 5 year contract. I wouldn't hate seeing the Bucks vs Clippers with Kawhi and PG crying at the end

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Believe it or not, lebron will eventually retire.....during this 5 year contract. I wouldn't hate seeing the Bucks vs Clippers with Kawhi and PG crying at the end
                Both Bucks and Clippers will be out in first rd of playoffs, I guarantee..
                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                  Would be pretty interesting to be a fly on the wall in the Raptors war-room right now.

(... if I could pry myself away from the top of Mike Pence’s head.)
                  MU just threw over a table

Comment

• We wait till bucks lose in the playoffs then trade for him

Comment

• i think we should extend OG now because he's likely to cost more money next summer in restricted FA

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post
                        i think we should extend OG now because he's likely to cost more money next summer in restricted FA
                        Are we sure about that? Scorers get paid, and OG still has a looong way to go before we can call him a scorer. Even that around the back dribble dunk looked awkward.

I mean, if we waited until after the bubble to pay Pascal, do we think he'd still be getting max offers from other teams?

Comment

• WELL HERE WE GOoooooo

#KAWHI20211111111111111111111111111111111111111
                          (#TT2022)
                          #KAWHIIIIIIII2021111111

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Are we sure about that? Scorers get paid, and OG still has a looong way to go before we can call him a scorer. Even that around the back dribble dunk looked awkward.

I mean, if we waited until after the bubble to pay Pascal, do we think he'd still be getting max offers from other teams?
                            yes, i think pascal would still get his max (a rookie max) if his contract was up after the bubble. he is fairly paid as a number two or high-level third option with an expanding and versatile offensive game who can guard four positions at an A-level. just about any team in the league would offer it given the opportunity.

i disagree that only scorers get paid. i think huge, multi-positional guarding wings that can knock down threes are also valuable. if you think he's going to take an even moderate step at all this season he'll get at least a fred-sized contract next summer, and possibly much higher (i could even see a rookie max extension, though hope we wouldn't have to go that far). maybe we could extend him now at what would turn out to be a bargain later?

no offence but i feel like you're pretty critical in general of any non-rookie, non-superduperstar contract in this league. like if you had your way we'd be building this team around boucher, watson, flynn, and trey burke. and be 50 million short of the salary floor

i think retaining good players like fred or OG on reasonable contracts is pretty low risk. they can be moved later or get even better and make the contract a bargain. it's doling out the larger, 3rd contarct max's to players who are not true superstars and usually on the downswing of their careers at that point that become the real albatross contracts, in my opinion.

Comment

• I would not sign OG. Let’s see what we can get for Lowry and half these guards need to be traded. MU has a plan b let’s see what it is and it better not be nothing

Comment

• No worries, the Flynn, VanVleet, OG, Siakam, Gobert 2022 starting line up will be the first in history to hold the Bucks to zero points.

Comment

Working...
                                X