Everything Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
    I would not sign OG. Let’s see what we can get for Lowry and half these guards need to be traded. MU has a plan b let’s see what it is and it better not be nothing
    all we can get for Lowry is bad salary and late first round pick at best
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Are we sure about that? Scorers get paid, and OG still has a looong way to go before we can call him a scorer. Even that around the back dribble dunk looked awkward.

I mean, if we waited until after the bubble to pay Pascal, do we think he'd still be getting max offers from other teams?
      Yes, Pascal would have got a max deal.

Jerami Grant got 3 years/60 million. That will be the starting point for OG's next deal give or take a million here or there.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Yes, Pascal would have got a max deal.

Jerami Grant got 3 years/60 million. That will be the starting point for OG's next deal give or take a million here or there.
        Like the saying goes.... when in doubt, do what the Pistons front office is doing. That's a pretty good comp, though. But FA market is a sellers market this year. There will be more players on the market next year, IIRC.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

all we can get for Lowry is bad salary and late first round pick at best
          We're gonna use our space to bring back Kyle, and we're gonna have to hope that he ages a la Chris Paul...

This team as we currently see it is likely gonna be the structure for what we have going forward for a while here, imo.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

We're gonna use our space to bring back Kyle, and we're gonna have to hope that he ages a la Chris Paul...

This team as we currently see it is likely gonna be the structure for what we have going forward for a while here, imo.
            When the dust settles, the top 3 free agents in 2021 could be: Kawhi, Lowry & OG. lol.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Like the saying goes.... when in doubt, do what the Pistons front office is doing. That's a pretty good comp, though. But FA market is a sellers market this year. There will be more players on the market next year, IIRC.
              Free agents get paid. If you make offers to free agents based on your true valuation of them you will be third on every free agent and sign no one.

Comment

• There may be more teams with cap space, and a lot of teams with full mid level deals next summer. Better to lock up guys now if you don't want to have cap space. This off season the only teams that splurged were Detroit and Atlanta. Who the hell knows what Detroit's plan was, but Atlanta got some good players (Gallo/Bogdan/Rondo/Dunn).

Looking at free agency now.. who are the teams with cap space? Toronto, Dallas and NY had cap space for a max free agent. Miami had a lot of space too, but not quite enough for a max due to Bam's extension. Other teams could create cap room but would be difficult.

Who are the big players?

Kawhi, Gobert, Oladipo, Lowry, DeRozan, Conley, Holiday (PO), Dragic, Aldridge, Drummond.

RFA's include: OG, Markkanen, Fultz, Isaac, Collins, Kuzma, Allen, Kennard, Ball

MLE types: Hardaway Jr, Schroder, Fournier, Dieng, Oubre, JJ, Danny Green, Redick, Olynyk, Tucker, Lou Williams, Bjelica, Theis, Noel, Powell

Kawhi is unrealistic most likely. Dipo is probably a no. Gobert is controversial (at least for me it is, and I'm a no). DeRozan is a been there done that. Conley is old and a pass. Holiday may opt in now that Giannis is back. Dragic is old and a pass. Aldridge is probably old and a pass but possibly a mid-level guy now if Serge is. Drummond sucks.

I really like Markkannen, but wouldn't Chicago just match? Isaac is hurt again. Atlanta would be dumb not brining back Collins. Kuzma is a pass. Allen is okay I guess, but again maybe a mid-level guy. Kennard is great, but not a huge difference maker. Ball sucks.

I mean is it really worth having the cap space now? I think we need to extend OG now. Give Lowry a nice long term deal. And use the mid level on a guy like Olynyk or Hardaway Jr, etc.. basically a guy that is tradeable and can net us someone better going forward.

Another crazy thought.. at the deadline trade for someone like Blake Griffin (well probably not him) or Kevin Love (2 years remaining on his deal after this one). Can't do it now since we don't have the pieces.. but come March can include Boucher and/or Baynes to match salaries. Or move Norm/McCaw now for Myles Turner.

Unless Kawhi leaves LAC we should really consider scrapping the free agency plans and get contracts that can help us now. We can't punt our cap space to 2021 because of OG's new contract.

Giannis had to ruin everything! Damn it!

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Free agents get paid. If you make offers to free agents based on your true valuation of them you will be third on every free agent and sign no one.
                  And it's perfectly fine to be third when it's a clear overpay at a high supply position like undersized SG (FVV) or low-usage 3&D wing (OG). At that point, the main rationale for keeping is more about asset retention, if you can't work out an immediate sign & trade.

Comment

• I know we all like to look at free agent lists but (and I know this is old), we don't have much success with free agents. But that's not the end of the story. Where did our best talent come from? Kyle was on the bench in houston. Kawhi was grumbling in San Antonio. Three of our "building blocks" were drafted with low picks. Don't dismiss someone just because they are not a free agent. Sure it would be nice to just use money (ie not a trade) but there's another way.

Comment

• Wouldnt mind going after one of those RFAs. If one of those teams know they dont want to commit longterm to them maybe they consider a Norm + first. I’ll always think Nick would turn Lonzo into a stud.

If we dont want to sign someone there is always the trade for a contract and draft compensation. Dont love that idea but we should probably look into collecting picks.

Comment

• I dont know, talk 2 Philly, who knows maybe they'll do simmonds for lowry. Lowry is Philly guy and raps need potential star back, simmonds needs fresh start.
                        "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                        My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Hopefully we hear of a decent RFA like Markannen getting a cold shoulder from his team with regards to an extension and wants out. We can then swoop in for a trade. Norm+FRP or something might get us the goods. It happened with Porzingis and Dallas just a year ago.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            There may be more teams with cap space, and a lot of teams with full mid level deals next summer. Better to lock up guys now if you don't want to have cap space. This off season the only teams that splurged were Detroit and Atlanta. Who the hell knows what Detroit's plan was, but Atlanta got some good players (Gallo/Bogdan/Rondo/Dunn).

Looking at free agency now.. who are the teams with cap space? Toronto, Dallas and NY had cap space for a max free agent. Miami had a lot of space too, but not quite enough for a max due to Bam's extension. Other teams could create cap room but would be difficult.

Who are the big players?

Kawhi, Gobert, Oladipo, Lowry, DeRozan, Conley, Holiday (PO), Dragic, Aldridge, Drummond.

RFA's include: OG, Markkanen, Fultz, Isaac, Collins, Kuzma, Allen, Kennard, Ball

MLE types: Hardaway Jr, Schroder, Fournier, Dieng, Oubre, JJ, Danny Green, Redick, Olynyk, Tucker, Lou Williams, Bjelica, Theis, Noel, Powell

Kawhi is unrealistic most likely. Dipo is probably a no. Gobert is controversial (at least for me it is, and I'm a no). DeRozan is a been there done that. Conley is old and a pass. Holiday may opt in now that Giannis is back. Dragic is old and a pass. Aldridge is probably old and a pass but possibly a mid-level guy now if Serge is. Drummond sucks.

I really like Markkannen, but wouldn't Chicago just match? Isaac is hurt again. Atlanta would be dumb not brining back Collins. Kuzma is a pass. Allen is okay I guess, but again maybe a mid-level guy. Kennard is great, but not a huge difference maker. Ball sucks.

I mean is it really worth having the cap space now? I think we need to extend OG now. Give Lowry a nice long term deal. And use the mid level on a guy like Olynyk or Hardaway Jr, etc.. basically a guy that is tradeable and can net us someone better going forward.

Another crazy thought.. at the deadline trade for someone like Blake Griffin (well probably not him) or Kevin Love (2 years remaining on his deal after this one). Can't do it now since we don't have the pieces.. but come March can include Boucher and/or Baynes to match salaries. Or move Norm/McCaw now for Myles Turner.

Unless Kawhi leaves LAC we should really consider scrapping the free agency plans and get contracts that can help us now. We can't punt our cap space to 2021 because of OG's new contract.

Giannis had to ruin everything! Damn it!
                            I agree with all of this. They gotta re-sign Lowry now. GIve him the Kobe/Dirk treatment. Let him retire a Raptor.

And btw, Malachi > Lonzo.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I think you extend OG for sure now, Lowry I would wait on. Unless he will do something te friendly for 2-3 years. We need some cap to improve the front court.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

I agree with all of this. They gotta re-sign Lowry now. GIve him the Kobe/Dirk treatment. Let him retire a Raptor.

And btw, Malachi > Lonzo.
                                Any idea if Chicago wants to keep Markkanen? Is he getting an extension or are they just going to wait until the off season? If he's disgruntled would love to nab him in a trade now. He'd be an awesome fit on our team.

Comment

Working...
                                X