No announcement yet.

Everything Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't believe (well, actually I can) that the C*^@tics once offered 4 draft picks for Frank Kaminsky (the Tank was released today)

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      He's making $14M. We could easily swap him for Norm's contract. Not sure he can be a starter for us either though since that would be mean either OG or Fred is coming of the bench, which Nurse isn't going to do. But yeah, would love him on the team if we could get him.
      i think i'd be ok with that for sure fred coming off the bench.. like we just paid you.. and then you just let lowry go ... or you get oladipo

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
        Oh boy, site is screwed up again
        yeah it was jacked up a minute ago

Comment

• welp gobert is off the market ...so who is left again.. so basically we should either be trying to trade for oladipo or for sure we should sign him up

Comment

• Crazy. The much vaunted free agency class of 2021 is gonna have pretty bare cupboards in the end when it comes to big players on the move from the looks of things.

Starting to look like trades are gonna be the only way to significantly add to this core...

Either that..... or a great deal of patience...

Starting to look like the number one 2021 star *genuinely available* across the NBA will be... Kyle Lowry.
            Last edited by GOLDBLUM; Sun Dec 20, 2020, 11:20 AM.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

The biggest free agent is Masai Ujiri..Once we get that done, Masai will have something line up for this team 2 get better, I hope..2021 free agency is looking like worse than 2020 free agency..yikes..Kawli is left, I dont c him coming back 😔, I honestly don't know...
              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• too much money on the table for all these guys to wait. don't blame them.

The NBA is different now. Any star can demand a trade at any time, doesn't make sense for them to wait for UFA.

I expect some of these guys to move regardless of signing deals.

Comment

Crazy. The much vaunted free agency class of 2021 is gonna have pretty bare cupboards in the end when it comes to big players on the move from the looks of things.

Starting to look like trades are gonna be the only way to significantly add to this core...

Starting to look like the number one 2021 star *genuinely available* across the NBA will be... Kyle Lowry.
                  Great so now we can do a big overpay for Kyle and claim some kind of victory for just re-signing our own players again ....

Comment

• At what point is it strange that Kawhi hasn’t signed an extension?

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                      At what point is it strange that Kawhi hasn’t signed an extension?
                      I don’t think it’s that strange... rather than the big long term deal, it appears he’s gonna go the Lebron route of signing one or two year deals. That offers all the flexibility to be in the driver’s seat all of the time and keep leveraging his power to make the team feel they have to continue to improve and appease. And he trusts that he’ll keep getting those short term deals at his whim. Definitely could be some concern with his injury history, but really, looking at Durant, he’ll continue to find teams willing to pay him, virtually no matter what.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                        At what point is it strange that Kawhi hasn’t signed an extension?
                        Not strange at all. I believe if Kawhi waits, then he can sign the 10-year veteran's max this off-season, which is the largest amount a player can get.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Not strange at all. I believe if Kawhi waits, then he can sign the 10-year veteran's max this off-season, which is the largest amount a player can get.
                          In 10 years you can get 35% of the cap with 8% raises. Similar to the super max that Giannis signed, but that can be done early.

George reached 10 seasons last so signed the extension now. Kawhi needs to wait an additional year to get that similar raise.

Comment

• All due respect but some of you sounded like a scorned one lmao...got ditched by the girl of your dreams after kneeling down not on just one knee but two bloody ones then offering her a three carat ultra-high pressure allotrope of carbon, yet she slapped you with a big NO and chose some guy out west labeled by all as a perennial Loser.

After recovering from such emotional devastation, you immediately picked up the pieces, prepared the homefront for a couple of marrying type both of which are foreign born mail-in type potential brides, unfortunately both settled with their respective sponsors.

Now to appease yourselves, you are now thinking of some scenarios that maybe you can covet that 1st one.

what a laughable paper back novel...

Comment

Crazy. The much vaunted free agency class of 2021 is gonna have pretty bare cupboards in the end when it comes to big players on the move from the looks of things.

And Lowry will end up in Miami.... with Masai.

Comment

• I was never really a big fan of paying Gobert a lot of money (and $40M is a lot of money). Happy for him, but I do think Utah will trade him in a season or two. Once the cap gets tight around a small market team, they have to make big decisions.

As for the Raptors.. we really need to zig now. Fill that cap space with a trade, bring Lowry back using his bird rights. Then use the mid-level (depending on Lowry/OG's contracts of course) sign a depth/bench piece.

The two guys on my radar are Vucevic and Love. Both flawed, but both can help this team. Floor spacers that can score in the mid range. Defensively though could be an issue but slim pickings at this point. Would have to wait until the deadline so we can package a Boucher or Baynes as both those guys make too much.

I think a Vucevic/Siakam/OG/VanVleet/Lowry line up could compete with the Boston's and Philly's in the East. Have a decent bench with Flynn/Davis/Thomas. Use the mid level to get a vet off the bench as well.

It's not a sexy team.. but it's a competitive one. And with Marc getting older, we wouldn't have to worry about Vucevic facing him.

Can't really punt that cap space either. Once we resign OG, we're pretty much capped out for the foreseeable future.

Comment

Working...
                                X