Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    I won't belive this until it happens
    Masai was reluctant to trade Siakam to OKC to get Kawhi and PG, so there’s that. This seems more like the Rockets are leaking rumors to force Philly to fork over Simmons. The media has been 100% anti-Harden up until now, driving the price down.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

He’s just a consultant... not POBO, or shareholder of the Clippers.
      A well placed consultant though.. with the ear of the owner. To the point where one could almost say he is the day to day operational manager of the entire franchise without the title.
      And he is 6 years older than the godfather.

Reilly isn't likely to leave in the next year and if Mickey Arinson hasn't given Pat an equity stake in the business after all his time and success there.. why would he have an abrupt change of heart and business practice to give this to Ujiri ? Just don't see it.

But thats just small potatoes as the board rallies around a tweet from Houston on the upcoming Harden trade to the Raps.
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

• I don't know about James Harden..I rather get Bradley Beal or Oladipo..Bradley Beal would be nice. wouldn't have 2 give up that much, plus there better all around players and teammate. Harden is dribble, dribble, dribble, dribble, dribble..I don't know, unless Nick Nurse and raptors could change the way he plays,but that's a tough order..and no to Siakim..lol..we can't even trade for him even if we wanted,no 2 Siakim,no to Lowry...no..no..no..
        "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
        My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• it would be a tough choice swap pascal for harden. It may pay off but it shortens our long term outlook drastically. We have O.G pascal fred and picks could be a top team in the east for the 5 years easy. Plus can still add some pieces this offseason.

Trading that into lowry and harden with fred trying to win a title in the next 2 years, think the chance of doing it with Harden in drastically lower then it was with kawhi. Everthing worked out perfectly with bringing in Kawhi as a mercenary. It would be very hard to see the stars lining up again.
          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
            it would be a tough choice swap pascal for harden. It may pay off but it shortens our long term outlook drastically. We have O.G pascal fred and picks could be a top team in the east for the 5 years easy. Plus can still add some pieces this offseason.

Trading that into lowry and harden with fred trying to win a title in the next 2 years, think the chance of doing it with Harden in drastically lower then it was with kawhi. Everthing worked out perfectly with bringing in Kawhi as a mercenary. It would be very hard to see the stars lining up again.
            So are we assuming Harden is done two years from now, or are we assuming the Raps don't re-sign him two years from now?
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Imaging Harden here is absolutely wild. A Lowry-Harden backcourt could be fantastic, but I'm not sure how FVV fits best into there...definitely would need to get a forward back too
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• If we did land Harden why would we need to be a small ball team? Could we not start Lowry, Harden, OG, Tucker, and Baynes?

FVV with Flynn off the bench could be good.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

So are we assuming Harden is done two years from now, or are we assuming the Raps don't re-sign him two years from now?
                  Just think thats the timeline for a lowry harden lead team. They would have to get it done in the next 2 maybe 3 years IMO regardless of if James sticks around longer.
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• I personally think people are getting too hung up on the positional imbalance if we got Harden for Siakam. It's a an MVP caliber player folks. You get him, then make an additional move or two to bring warm bodies to play PF. If you have Lowry-Harden-OG as your 1-2-3, that's all you need. Go see if a lukewarm forward like Cedi Osman, Mikal Bridges, Richaun Holmes, Naz Reid etc is available. Heck, put the Yuta kid or Boucher at 4 and would still work fine. Could also make a play for Myles Turner, which would be a great addition.

I can see other flags around getting Harden (though none precluding you from getting the best scorer in the league when it's precisely your offence that needs help), but roster structure shouldn't be one of them. Get the high-impact player, than tweak around after.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                      I personally think people are getting too hung up on the positional imbalance if we got Harden for Siakam. It's a an MVP caliber player folks. You get him, then make an additional move or two to bring warm bodies to play PF. If you have Lowry-Harden-OG as your 1-2-3, that's all you need. Go see if a lukewarm forward like Cedi Osman, Mikal Bridges, Richaun Holmes, Naz Reid etc is available. Heck, put the Yuta kid or Boucher at 4 and would still work fine. Could also make a play for Myles Turner, which would be a great addition.

I can see other flags around getting Harden (though none precluding you from getting the best scorer in the league when it's precisely your offence that needs help), but roster structure shouldn't be one of them. Get the high-impact player, than tweak around after.
                      The easy solution is trade FVV at the deadline for size. We have a surplus of small guards.

Comment

Masai was reluctant to trade Siakam to OKC to get Kawhi and PG, so there’s that. This seems more like the Rockets are leaking rumors to force Philly to fork over Simmons. The media has been 100% anti-Harden up until now, driving the price down.
                        i don't think that was ever a real possibility.

Comment

Well also all of the picks that Clippers gave up. I would be scared if Raps gave up Siakam and 5 picks. Even for Kawhi and PG
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• How about a 3 team trade?

Pascal + NJ's pick/s to Houston
                            Harden to NJ
                            Lavert+Allen to TO

But I doubt Houston wants Pascal.
                            I agree that Simmons is their real target.
                            Last edited by Kagemusha; Mon Dec 21, 2020, 12:14 AM.

Comment

• One bad preseason game and the sky is falling. LOL.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                                If we did land Harden why would we need to be a small ball team? Could we not start Lowry, Harden, OG, Tucker, and Baynes?

FVV with Flynn off the bench could be good.
                                We'd have options.

I suspect though that our best starting lineup would be the small one (though we'd probably still start Baynes, just go small 2-4, if OG can be considered small).

Would probably see lots of your suggestion against bigger teams midway through quarters.

And to close games we probably go even smaller with Tucker and OG at the 4/5.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X