Everything Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Harden is exactly what this roster needs, I think the big question mark is likely how much he costs and if you still have contender left after trading for him.
    Oh for sure thats what we need. But it is harden and its likely to require siakam. I think you make that trade, but siakam was excellent next to kawhi, and if he gets traded who will fill his role? Retaining pascal, og and lowry would be ideal, but thats impossible. I'd prefer to see OG moved, cause pascal could thrive again next to a dominant scorer but that again isnt possible until FVV is eligible to be traded. And is a package with OG and FVV really that appealing? It seems pascal would have to go if we were to trade. We would be better than we are now i think, but we would still have a hole or two to fill.

Comment

Harden is exactly what this roster needs, I think the big question mark is likely how much he costs and if you still have contender left after trading for him.
      With Marc and Serge gone we do not have the contender we had last season. Further to that we would need to give up a core piece in Siakam in order to snag Harden.

We would need every year left on his contract with the hope we can round out the roster to win it all in the final year here.

I think Masai might be done with trading for players in the final year of their contracts. Way too difficult to build around players that can walk as soon as possible.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

With Marc and Serge gone we do not have the contender we had last season. Further to that we would need to give up a core piece in Siakam in order to snag Harden.

We would need every year left on his contract with the hope we can round out the roster to win it all in the final year here.

I think Masai might be done with trading for players in the final year of their contracts. Way too difficult to build around players that can walk as soon as possible.
        This is why we need to keep our hands off Harden.
        We're not going to the Finals with him anyway. No way.
        He is not a Kawhi type of player who can instantly blend with his work ethic and strong resolve.
        Even if we get Harden, who knows how he will react to playing with us.
        His eyes is set on playing with his buddy KD.
        Stick with our current guys, be happy where they can lead us.
        Keep developing our young players.
        Last edited by Kagemusha; Mon Dec 21, 2020, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Wait, is that because of the Kawhi experience? When they won the NBA championship?
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• OG's going to get paid:

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• This is what OG will ask for
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Is tonight the deadline..Luke Kennard at 16 million per..wow..seems like 3 years or 4 years is magic number..I guess around 15 to 18 million per would be alright, crazy money..right..
                  "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                  My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Wait, is that because of the Kawhi experience? When they won the NBA championship?
                    We were a very complete team when we traded for him and I fear we are more than a couple of years away to getting to that level again. They literally built around DeMar for years...not one or two but four or five.

Do you really think building up assets for years to bring in a "hired gun" on an expiring contract is an effective strategy? From a management perspective it has to be a less than ideal strategy.

And thinking about it the "Kawhi experience" it was a heck of a Hail Mary. One shot to win it all and we did.

Masai was right to target Giannis, a player who would have actually wanted to be here for years.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                      Would have been max if he didn't get hurt. That could be a great deal. I love Isaac.

Comment

• Jonathan Isaac got 4/80. Fultz got 3/50.

Anyone thinking you are getting OG for some bargain basement price is fooling themselves.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                          Jonathan Isaac got 4/80. Fultz got 3/50.

Anyone thinking you are getting OG for some bargain basement price is fooling themselves.
                          of signed for 72 /4

Comment

• Big name FA's are gone this year, looks like there won't be many available next offseason, there's a lot of uncertainty in the air, teams and players are both interested in taking care of business and locking in.

Masai and OG remain completely unfazed. No surprise.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Similar to OG but no player option I presume.

Comment

• Since Jonathan Isaac has signed..keep an eye on magic and raptors..Mo Bamba, Terrence Davis as part of package and other players included..
                                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                                My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Working...
                                X