Everything Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post

Indy could be an interesting team that no one is really talking about. A lot depends on everyone coming back 100% but they've got some good players and a new coach should give them a boost.
    Yeah they have a solid starting unit. There is quite the overlap with sabonis and turner, and they could probably use a better floor spacer up front in that staring unit. If they had a siakam or OG type player to play the four with sabonis a C, that would be ideal. It seems like they have been willing to move turner for awhile, not sure why they havent been able to get a trade done. Oladipo is overrated IMO, but they have plenty of scoring with him amd warren, a solid two way PG, and good defence all around. They might be underrated overall.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

If I went one more game none of us would be here posting right now. The site simply couldn’t take it.

Somebody else is up, who’s it gonna be? 😎
      Forgot. Sight can’t even tell the correct time until spring.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post

Yeah they have a solid starting unit. There is quite the overlap with sabonis and turner, and they could probably use a better floor spacer up front in that staring unit. If they had a siakam or OG type player to play the four with sabonis a C, that would be ideal. It seems like they have been willing to move turner for awhile, not sure why they havent been able to get a trade done. Oladipo is overrated IMO, but they have plenty of scoring with him amd warren, a solid two way PG, and good defence all around. They might be underrated overall.
        Apparently, the Pacer players are having trouble with fatigue (their pace just declines quarter over quarter). Basically, they aren't in shape to play the way Bjorkgren wants for four quarters.

All you have to do is watch other games to know that the Raps play harder than pretty much every team in the league. That's a real skill that needs to be trained and it looks like the new staff in Indy is getting it in place.

Comment

Apparently, the Pacer players are having trouble with fatigue (their pace just declines quarter over quarter). Basically, they aren't in shape to play the way Bjorkgren wants for four quarters.

All you have to do is watch other games to know that the Raps play harder than pretty much every team in the league. That's a real skill that needs to be trained and it looks like the new staff in Indy is getting it in place.
          The Heat are also in that group of "hard playing" teams. Culture

Comment

That area's often an advantage for the Heat as well. Turner looks like he could transform his body and get to that next level as a player. And Dipo had a LONG way to go from where he was coming back last season. I don't think about the Pacers much, but if they could get to Raptors/Heat level with conditioning...

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

The Heat are also in that group of "hard playing" teams. Culture
              Hey, look at how they turned Dion Waiters around!

Comment

Hey, look at how they turned Dion Waiters around!
                It's funny how much more we hear about Heat #Culture after they manage to recruit an all-star (or even GOAT level talent) to South Beach.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

It's funny how much more we hear about Heat #Culture after they manage to recruit an all-star (or even GOAT level talent) to South Beach.
                  People are your culture, though, having management like Riley and Spoelstra certainly helps.

One team I'm curious about this year with "culture" is New Orleans. I saw them play the Rockets live last year in NO and the Pelicans looked like they could not give a fuck. Holiday was absolutely dogging it, Redick was asking to get taken out of the game, etc. It will be interesting to see how much Van Gundy can get out of that group with some personnel changes and, hopefully, a healthy and in shape Zion.

Comment

• So can Aaron Gordan play the 5?

Comment

People are your culture, though, having management like Riley and Spoelstra certainly helps.

One team I'm curious about this year with "culture" is New Orleans. I saw them play the Rockets live last year in NO and the Pelicans looked like they could not give a fuck. Holiday was absolutely dogging it, Redick was asking to get taken out of the game, etc. It will be interesting to see how much Van Gundy can get out of that group with some personnel changes and, hopefully, a healthy and in shape Zion.
                      At some point, Zion will have to figure out you can't easily get by in the NBA on talent alone and a few crams for the crowd affect. I see him having health issues that will eventually derail his career like Yao unless he wakes up. Vladdy Jr of the NBA.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

At some point, Zion will have to figure out you can't easily get by in the NBA on talent alone and a few crams for the crowd affect. I see him having health issues that will eventually derail his career like Yao unless he wakes up. Vladdy Jr of the NBA.
                        Well, Yao's problem was that he was a freak of nature - humans aren't meant to be that tall and certainly not meant to be that tall and do the things he had to do to play sports. Yao was always going to have injury issues and there wasn't really anything he could do about it.

Zion's problem is that he is fat and out of shape.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

That's the one. Harden & Tucker is probably unrealistic, but Turner & Oladipo could probably be attained with the right package, would allow us to retain Siakam, and would balance this roster with
                          --A good SG that can create his own shot and lubricate the offence (and defend well)
                          --A young Centre that can score, space the floor (and defend well)

I'd pitch Fred, Norm, TD & Boucher at the trade deadline for that.

Start: Lowry-Oladipo-OG-Siakam-Turner (That's a very strong 2-way lineup, and if Siakam and Oladipo played near their ceilings it would make it to the finals))
                          Bench: Flynn-Thomas-Watson-Bembry-Baynes

Only risk is Oladipo being banged up, but you can't take any meaningful step forward without risk. Just can't.
                          this would make me happy and then promote flynn

Comment

• Raptors apparently in exploratory talks for a Harden trade:

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/20...medium=twitter

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                              Raptors apparently in exploratory talks for a Harden trade:

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/20...medium=twitter
                              In my opinion, this is still consistent with Houston trying to drive up - or at the very least, hold the line on - the return for Harden.

Harden right now is more of a devalued asset than Kawhi was when we traded for him, because of the risk involved for the teams he does not prefer, and the relative lack of competition for his services between the teams he prefers. Everyone knows that Houston is over a barrel on this one.

Comment

• Masai and Webster are why they are being paid the big bucks...let them do their due diligence and if the trade is there and we have assets to compete against the other offers, why not.

3 things:

1. The East is still wide open, like the last recent playoffs, I thought we were so close and just another 1 game changer away to the ECF.

2. Not one of the Raptors is a transcendental player so anyone is expendable and movable.

3. We already won a Championship, let loose. It’s not our money that they are spending any ways. Winning is very addicting.

So go for it !

Comment

Working...
                                X