Everything Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forgot to add one more...

fan loyalty to a player is overrated. These players dont give a shit to us anyways. If they feel like moving to another team they can do so and ask for a trade or will look to a more fancy franchise with a sunshine all year round.

DO THE TRADE !

Comment

• TheWaterboy wrote: View Post

In my opinion, this is still consistent with Houston trying to drive up - or at the very least, hold the line on - the return for Harden.

Harden right now is more of a devalued asset than Kawhi was when we traded for him, because of the risk involved for the teams he does not prefer, and the relative lack of competition for his services between the teams he prefers. Everyone knows that Houston is over a barrel on this one.

On the bright side, if the asking price is too high and other teams don't bite, then Houston has to trade for him for less.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

On the bright side, if the asking price is too high and other teams don't bite, then Houston has to trade for him for less.
        It's basically a game of chicken now. Staring contest to see who blinks first. Packages probably have been set by interested teams already, and Houston probably has its preferred bid already, but it's holding out to see if someone will bump it up, or another team will emerge. Thing is, Houston knows a full season with Harden is not viable and other teams know this too, so no one wants to budge. Eventually Houston will have to settle on something that's probably been already on the table for a while.

The value is not going up from here, as with time it becomes more and more apparently he really wants out.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Well, Yao's problem was that he was a freak of nature - humans aren't meant to be that tall and certainly not meant to be that tall and do the things he had to do to play sports. Yao was always going to have injury issues and there wasn't really anything he could do about it.

Zion's problem is that he is fat and out of shape.
          that's kind of unfair. i mean, luka is currently way fucking fatter and more out of shape than zion has ever been, and nobody's worried about him (actually he's the betting favorite for mvp).

zion's main problem is that he's probably the most explosive athlete to ever play the sport, with unprecedented size for that athleticism. obviously there's an inherent injury risk with that. he's every bit the freak of nature that yao was in that sense.

Comment

• When is the deadline for trades?

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

that's kind of unfair. i mean, luka is currently way fucking fatter and more out of shape than zion has ever been, and nobody's worried about him (actually he's the betting favorite for mvp).
              Theres no way you can use "way fucking fatter" when comparing athletes

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                When is the deadline for trades?
                Trade deadline this year is March 25th.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Trade deadline this year is March 25th.
                  So this Harden saga may drag out for another 3 months? Is it considered tampering if Masai reaches out to Harden's management team (I believe he doesn't have an agent) to gauge his interest in playing for Toronto? If not I'd guess he's already done so and was turned down or he'd be a Raptor by now.

Comment

So this Harden saga may drag out for another 3 months? Is it considered tampering if Masai reaches out to Harden's management team (I believe he doesn't have an agent) to gauge his interest in playing for Toronto? If not I'd guess he's already done so and was turned down or he'd be a Raptor by now.
                    Houston has a pretty good front office.. most of those guys learned from Morey. So they won't make a panic move just because they have to. They will get the best deal they can get.

Most are saying the Rockets are looking for a young all-star piece. So far the names that have been thrown around are:

Simmons (Philly)
                    Siakam (Toronto)
                    MPJ (Denver)
                    Brown (Boston)

Who knows if any of those young player are available and/or if those teams want Harden. A lot of this could also be a ruse to try and get Philly (ie, Morey) to up his offer.

Eventually the dam will break and a trade will be made.

If this drags on until the deadline, then Fred can be made available. But I don't think it will.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Houston has a pretty good front office.. most of those guys learned from Morey. So they won't make a panic move just because they have to. They will get the best deal they can get.

Most are saying the Rockets are looking for a young all-star piece. So far the names that have been thrown around are:

Simmons (Philly)
                      Siakam (Toronto)
                      MPJ (Denver)
                      Brown (Boston)

Who knows if any of those young player are available and/or if those teams want Harden. A lot of this could also be a ruse to try and get Philly (ie, Morey) to up his offer.

Eventually the dam will break and a trade will be made.

If this drags on until the deadline, then Fred can be made available. But I don't think it will.
                      I'm sure part of the delay is Houston trying to get as much back as possible, but I would imagine the main issue is Harden not committing to play for those or other teams. I can't see any of the teams mentioned on the list refusing to trade the players noted to get an MVP candidate in the prime of his career WITH multiple years remaining on the contract. Not unless they've reached out to the player and been rejected.

If Masai could get a commitment from Harden and the asking price was Siakam (or hopefully OG) and picks I think he would do it. Siakam will get better, but very likely not a top 10 player which James has been, is and will be for the length of his contract.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

zion's main problem is that he's probably the most explosive athlete to ever play the sport, with unprecedented size for that athleticism. obviously there's an inherent injury risk with that. he's every bit the freak of nature that yao was in that sense.
                        The difference is that Williamson hasn't shown he can stay on the floor let alone play 34 minutes a game for 60+ games and carry a team to the playoffs. Doncic is already a proven commodity.

Comment

• Harden thing is not happening so all the ppl who suggest this, give ure head shake..we dont want him..Now since Giannis has signed, maybe it's time for plan B..I'm not sure why this hasn't been talked about more, but since supposedly Simmonds is available from Philly, why haven't the raptors go hard after him, I rather have him million times more than Dribble Dribble Dribble Harden. Philly is looking for someone now, so why not Lowry, I know..love Lowry, but I think it's time 2 move on, Philly has been looking for championship pg, hall of famer and winner long time, plus his from Philly, raptors would get a similar kind of player like Giannis that they can build off, definitely his not Giannis but he could be top 10 player if his on right team and why not raptors..

P.S

Also I was just fooling around espn trade machine..I think another player that raps should look into is Draymond Green..I had Norm Powell, Mccaw, Stanley and add 1st rd pick of course, Hollinger analysis had raptors +25 wins..🙂 I always love Draymond, his a competor and winner.
                          "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                          My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                            Harden thing is not happening so all the ppl who suggest this, give ure head shake..we dont want him..Now since Giannis has signed, maybe it's time for plan B..I'm not sure why this hasn't been talked about more, but since supposedly Simmonds is available from Philly, why haven't the raptors go hard after him, I rather have him million times more than Dribble Dribble Dribble Harden. Philly is looking for someone now, so why not Lowry, I know..love Lowry, but I think it's time 2 move on, Philly has been looking for championship pg, hall of famer and winner long time, plus his from Philly, raptors would get a similar kind of player like Giannis that they can build off, definitely his not Giannis but he could be top 10 player if his on right team and why not raptors..

P.S

Also I was just fooling around espn trade machine..I think another player that raps should look into is Draymond Green..I had Norm Powell, Mccaw, Stanley and add 1st rd pick of course, Hollinger analysis had raptors +25 wins..🙂 I always love Draymond, his a competor and winner.
                            The allure with Harden is that he can provide exactly what the Raptors are lacking in the playoffs. A guy who can break down the best defenders and score from pretty much anywhere on the floor. Simmons can't do that.

And why would Philly trade a young player entering his prime for Lowry who is nearing the end of his career? Do you think Philly can win it all with Embiid and Lowry?

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                              Harden thing is not happening so all the ppl who suggest this, give ure head shake..we dont want him..Now since Giannis has signed, maybe it's time for plan B..I'm not sure why this hasn't been talked about more, but since supposedly Simmonds is available from Philly, why haven't the raptors go hard after him, I rather have him million times more than Dribble Dribble Dribble Harden. Philly is looking for someone now, so why not Lowry, I know..love Lowry, but I think it's time 2 move on, Philly has been looking for championship pg, hall of famer and winner long time, plus his from Philly, raptors would get a similar kind of player like Giannis that they can build off, definitely his not Giannis but he could be top 10 player if his on right team and why not raptors..

P.S

Uhh, the whole idea is that Harden would be a pretty great plan B.

Simmons isn't available - he's maybe available if the return is James Harden. We have none of those to offer, and if we did we should not be downgrading in that way.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

The allure with Harden is that he can provide exactly what the Raptors are lacking in the playoffs. A guy who can break down the best defenders and score from pretty much anywhere on the floor. Simmons can't do that.

And why would Philly trade a young player entering his prime for Lowry who is nearing the end of his career? Do you think Philly can win it all with Embiid and Lowry?
                                So if your Philly or any team..u would rather have James Harden than Kyle Lowry..Omg..He'll No..Lowry has proven that his a winner and Champion, I dont think ppl dont appreciate how much Kyle is great player, however if u want get something good like simmonds, that would be the price and trust me Lowry is a beast, he gets better with age and Philly would resign him 2 extension for another3 years...easily..
                                As for James Harden, in my eyes his way overrated, sure he can score..but he hasn't done 2 say he can win Championship, playoffs come, his brick city 3..James Harden a liability, a cancer, selfish player, out of shape, his not good teammate, its all about James, all he cares more about strip clubs than winning games..so no thank u.

P.S

I don't want Lowry gone, but I think this will be his last year in Raptor uniform, I think his gone.
                                Last edited by Dr Hannibal Lecter; Wed Dec 23, 2020, 03:19 PM.
                                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                                My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Working...
                                X