Everything Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post

So if your Philly or any team..u would rather have James Harden than Kyle Lowry..Omg..He'll No..Lowry has proven that his a winner and Champion, I dont think ppl dont appreciate how much Kyle is great player, however if u want get something good like simmonds, that would be the price and trust me Lowry is a beast, he gets better with age and Philly would resign him 2 extension for another3 years...easily..
    As for James Harden, in my eyes his way overrated, sure he can score..but he hasn't done 2 say he can win Championship, playoffs come, his brick city 3..James Harden a liability, a cancer, selfish player, out of shape, his not good teammate, its all about James, all he cares more about strip clubs than winning games..so no thank u.

P.S

I don't want Lowry gone, but honestly think his gone after this year, so why not trade him..
    Literally every team in the league would take Harden over Lowry.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post

So if your Philly or any team..u would rather have James Harden than Kyle Lowry..Omg..He'll No..Lowry has proven that his a winner and Champion, I dont think ppl dont appreciate how much Kyle is great player, however if u want get something good like simmonds, that would be the price and trust me Lowry is a beast, he gets better with age and Philly would resign him 2 extension for another3 years...easily..
      As for James Harden, in my eyes his way overrated, sure he can score..but he hasn't done 2 say he can win Championship, playoffs come, his brick city 3..James Harden a liability, a cancer, selfish player, out of shape, his not good teammate, its all about James, all he cares more about strip clubs than winning games..so no thank u.
      First off, I love Kyle, and probably would think very hard about trading him for Harden (maybe Durant, Luka, or someone at the level just above/who can be just slightly better than Harden) because I think it's important to our legitimacy as a franchise to have a player retire here.

Having said that, James Harden raises your ceiling far more than Lowry if you're a team without a bonafide star player, which we are. The question in this whole debacle is, are you comfortable being a 1st/2nd round exit team for the next 3-4 years? Because that's what we're looking at right now. Sure Harden hasn't won a chip yet, but it's worth noting how good the West has been (GSW was unbeatable until last year), and how poor D'Antoni's scheme has carried over to the playoffs every single year that he's been a head coach. Nurse, you'd have to believe, would be far better at using Harden's tremendous skills within a team concept that would be sustainable throughout the playoffs.

Further, saying that Harden can "just score" is both an understatement of his scoring prowess and dismisses the rest of his game. First, he's one of the greatest scorers to ever play in this league, something that would've probably meant beating the celtics in 5 or 6 last year given our inability to create in the half court. Second, he's an effective rebounder, a strong playmaker, and an excellent post defender. Remember what we did with Kawhi where we played team ball as long as we could then started shifting to the Kawhi offense? Same idea with Harden, only now he wouldn't be doing it for 48 minutes a game.

I, like anyone else, have far more concerns about trading Pascal than I did with Derozan, only because there's still some hope that Pascal could become a top 15 guy and because he's shown that he's an elite defender. However, I still can't see a scenario where we make the finals without some serious additions to our team. With Harden, at least we're in the mix to win a chip, and that's good enough for me to want to pull the trigger.

Comment

• Lowry only became a winner when a superstar arrived in one Kawhi Leonard. He wasn't a winner in the years before the year before and he wasn't a winner last year. I like Kyle and ton but there's no comparison who is the better overall player Harden or Lowry, c'mon.

Swap out Lowry for Kawhi EDIT >>>Durant in our chip season and you think we lose?
        We run away with it. And we don't lose in the second round last year .....
        Last edited by G__Deane; Wed Dec 23, 2020, 04:13 PM.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
          Lowry only became a winner when a superstar arrived in one Kawhi Leonard. He wasn't a winner in the years before the year before and he wasn't a winner last year. I like Kyle and ton but there's no comparison who is the better overall player Harden or Lowry, c'mon.

Swap out Lowry for Kawhi in our chip season and you think we lose?
          We run away with it. And we don't lose in the second round last year .....
          I get what your saying, but we dont win that chip without Lowry IMO.

Comment

• And as far as draymond is concerned, he basically plays point for the warriors, and he needs two lights out shooters in curry and klay to be effective offensively. He's great defensively i know, but if you take the ball out of draymonds hands in the O zone its hard to fathom what to do with him. I guess he can set screens, but his shooting is sub par so he would be constanly rolling to the basket, with no effective pick and pop option to shake up the coverage. I suppose the raps have plenty of shooting to allow him some freedom with the ball, but we have no one capable of creating the gravity that curry and klay demand. Im not sure of the fit to be honest, but I always loved his game. He brings alot to the table but I now question how effective he can be without two generational sharpshooters next to him. What really unlocked GSWs offence was inserting draymond in the starting unit and giving him alot of ball handling duties.

Comment

• One big problem you could see last night was the Warriors new guys couldnt find Curry for those relocation shots. Curry would give up the ball and go to relocate inside then back out to the perimeter like we are used to. The new guys would wait till he was back on the 3 pt line to try and pass and it was too late. Klay, Draymond and Iggy would be able to predict where steph was going and pass the ball while he was moving to his spot. Draymond will be able to do that when he comes back, if your a warriors fan you just gotta home oubre, wiggins and wiseman can pick up on that.
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

The difference is that Williamson hasn't shown he can stay on the floor let alone play 34 minutes a game for 60+ games and carry a team to the playoffs. Doncic is already a proven commodity.
                sure. all i was saying is that zion's injury risk has more to do with his explosiveness at his size, which puts a ton of strain on his body when he jumps/lands/cuts. he can be in the best shape in the world and still be a high injury risk, like bo jackson was. he takes a ton of shit but he's never looked particularly out of shape to me.

meanwhile luka can show up to camp comically out of shape with no risk of injury because he's not that type of athlete. he can just amble around the court slowly, like pre-bubble joker. apparently he's modeled more of his game after harden than just the step-back 3 and sky-high useage:

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

sure. all i was saying is that zion's injury risk has more to do with his explosiveness at his size, which puts a ton of strain on his body when he jumps/lands/cuts. he can be in the best shape in the world and still be a high injury risk, like bo jackson was. he takes a ton of shit but he's never looked particularly out of shape to me.

meanwhile luka can show up to camp comically out of shape with no risk of injury because he's not that type of athlete. he can just amble around the court slowly, like pre-bubble joker. apparently he's modeled more of his game after harden than just the step-back 3 and sky-high useage:

Triplets!

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                    One big problem you could see last night was the Warriors new guys couldnt find Curry for those relocation shots. Curry would give up the ball and go to relocate inside then back out to the perimeter like we are used to. The new guys would wait till he was back on the 3 pt line to try and pass and it was too late. Klay, Draymond and Iggy would be able to predict where steph was going and pass the ball while he was moving to his spot. Draymond will be able to do that when he comes back, if your a warriors fan you just gotta home oubre, wiggins and wiseman can pick up on that.
                    You mean high IQ players which Wiggins, Oubre and the new ones aren't.
                    Smart observation, bro.

Comment

Triplets!
                      yeah i'm not too sure what to make of that bottom photo you've posted, except to say that i'd love to one day look as fat as zion appears to you there.

i have google image searched "fat zion" too, and the top one of him on the bench in the bubble after an extended injury layoff is the worst i could find. luka a few days ago still looks much worse to me. when zion's on the court he usually looks like the bottom photo.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

yeah i'm not too sure what to make of that bottom photo you've posted, except to say that i'd love to one day look as fat as zion appears to you there.

i have google image searched "fat zion" too, and the top one of him on the bench in the bubble after an extended injury layoff is the worst i could find. luka a few days ago still looks much worse to me. when zion's on the court he usually looks like the bottom photo.
                        I just think it shows he's got the body type to balloon up after too much time off or injury if he doesn't stay dedicated. Just like fat-Joel and Charles.

Comment

I just think it shows he's got the body type to balloon up after too much time off or injury if he doesn't stay dedicated. Just like fat-Joel and Charles.
                          fair enough. he's not unique in that respect though, i don't think. a ton of athletes swell up after their playing days because they are used to taking in a shit-ton of calories, and they balloon when they fail to match that caloric intake to their former training regimen.

i've not seen zion in the top photo actually on the court all that much was my point. he usually looks like the guy on the bottom. i think he gets a bit of a bum wrap around these parts is all.

Comment

• Zion is definitely not in nba game shape. Alot of these guys a ripped and zion clearly isnt. His fitness could certainly improve, and no doubt that would make such a more effective player. He cant rely on strength and explosiveness alone. He needs some work

Comment

• Everytime there's a pause in a game I see Zion just walking and lumbering. He definately is too heavy
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                                Everytime there's a pause in a game I see Zion just walking and lumbering. He definately is too heavy
                                Fat or not, he's too heavy in the long term

Comment

Working...
                                X