Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One
    replied
    We get NBA basketball this week. Let's Go!!

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    Pascal's clearly a pretty emotionally driven guy, and that whole experience was hard for him. Part of his development as a human being and as a professional will be to figure out how to produce more consistently and not have it hinge on how he's feeling. Easy to forget these guys are just in their 20s.

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    Puffer wrote: View Post

I suspect he gets to beyond where he was. He had trouble with the pressure of being the prime target for other teams best defenders. I believe it shook him and messed with his confidence. He has had time to digest it and will approach this year's regular season like a tune-up for the playoffs. He will be working on solutions to last season's playoff problems every game. And I am certain he will solve a lot of them.
    Playing in an arena will help too. I don't think some players handled the bubble situation well from a mental standpoint. I think Pascal was one of them. He seemed off in everything he did, including stuff he is good at. It didn't start from the Playoffs either, it started from game 1 in the bubble.

Leave a comment:

• DogeLover1234
    replied
    inthepaint wrote: View Post

I feel there's a good chance what you described will happen. I also think that after watching last playoffs tape from a birds eye view , they will realize a lot of the actions he was involved in last are just not Pascal's natural game. He thrives in transition, ball movement, spot up corner 3's, and drives where the paint is not fully packed (due to the opposing D being contorted from prior pick and rolls and ball movement involving other players). If he gets his natural game, he will have fun out there again (which is very important for him personally).

I hope we never see the hero ball, ISO forced shots against set defences again. He's not Kawhi, and he doesn't have to be. I feel that coaches (particularly now with Finch) will find a way to structure our offence in a way that Pascal can thrive in his natural game, while still having him as the primary option. He also needs to be directly involved in pick and rolls, either as a ballhandler, popper on roller. That would be deadly with Lowry, but now with no centre at the high post, it would also work with Baynes. You run that with 2 of Fred/OG/Thomas/Norm in the corner 3 spot, the floor is so wide there'd be tons of open, quality shots. If it's just him 1-on-1 vs the Adebayos and Jalen Brown's of the world, we're stalling.
    It was pretty cool hearing Finch say his ideal offense is highly unpredictable and able to consistently play different styles. We can clean up some stuff, but without a dynamic offensive player a highly unpredictable team offense with many different actions, a lot of misdirection, etc. would be a good substitute. Very similar to how Nurse and co were switching up defensive schemes by possession - its a good way for the sum to be greater than the parts. Just good coaching.

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    Puffer wrote: View Post

I suspect he gets to beyond where he was. He had trouble with the pressure of being the prime target for other teams best defenders. I believe it shook him and messed with his confidence. He has had time to digest it and will approach this year's regular season like a tune-up for the playoffs. He will be working on solutions to last season's playoff problems every game. And I am certain he will solve a lot of them.
    I feel there's a good chance what you described will happen. I also think that after watching last playoffs tape from a birds eye view , they will realize a lot of the actions he was involved in last are just not Pascal's natural game. He thrives in transition, ball movement, spot up corner 3's, and drives where the paint is not fully packed (due to the opposing D being contorted from prior pick and rolls and ball movement involving other players). If he gets his natural game, he will have fun out there again (which is very important for him personally).

I hope we never see the hero ball, ISO forced shots against set defences again. He's not Kawhi, and he doesn't have to be. I feel that coaches (particularly now with Finch) will find a way to structure our offence in a way that Pascal can thrive in his natural game, while still having him as the primary option. He also needs to be directly involved in pick and rolls, either as a ballhandler, popper on roller. That would be deadly with Lowry, but now with no centre at the high post, it would also work with Baynes. You run that with 2 of Fred/OG/Thomas/Norm in the corner 3 spot, the floor is so wide there'd be tons of open, quality shots. If it's just him 1-on-1 vs the Adebayos and Jalen Brown's of the world, we're stalling.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X