No announcement yet.

Tim Lieweke leaving?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLSE should let Masai Ujiri do his warlord things and don't interfere!
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Is Jerry West available?

Comment

• Actually, perhaps the mandate for the next CEO should include not being so old that a bit of cold makes your arthritis flare up. Scratch the Jerry West idea.

Comment

• A name I hear floating around is Mark Cohon recently departed/ing commish of the CFL. Wonder if it is a coincidence or....

He is son of the long time head of McDonald's in Canada and a bit of a player in Toronto biz circles. Pretty sure he'd have connections with Tanenbaum & Lastman the 2 directors other than those representing Rogers & Bell. He'd be a decidedly lightweight replacement imo as compared to TL....not enough international gravitas.

Comment

• this is one of the most depressing things raptor related i have ever read
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
              A name I hear floating around is Mark Cohon recently departed/ing commish of the CFL. Wonder if it is a coincidence or....

He is son of the long time head of McDonald's in Canada and a bit of a player in Toronto biz circles. Pretty sure he'd have connections with Tanenbaum & Lastman the 2 directors other than those representing Rogers & Bell. He'd be a decidedly lightweight replacement imo as compared to TL....not enough international gravitas.
              Yeah, if how you describe him is true then I feel the same way.

Leiweke wasn't a coup because of his sports acumen. Losing him doesn't bother me at all in terms of impacting how the teams will locate and evaluate talent. It's because he's a massively well connected guy in sports and business circles worldwide, especially in the States.

We don't really need a Jerry West type in that position, or "insert hockey equivalent here" either. Masai is an accomplished exec. Shanahan has yet to be tested, but certainly has that kind of profile in the sport as a former star player. Don't know where we could pluck such a person.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                A name I hear floating around is Mark Cohon recently departed/ing commish of the CFL. Wonder if it is a coincidence or....

Basically a Puppet.

This Franchise needs a bigger name than Tim Lieweke,who don't take s@!t from MLSE and it's not Canadian,preferred American,bc toronto doesn't need a CEO that is in love with the teams,they need someone who is o pinioned and will bring a winner,but it's pretty hard when u have 2 clowns share holders like Rogers and Bell..when they have One Owner,that's when they become relevant franchise and corporation,as of now they are running this franchise like a video game,always get killed and start over.
                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                  Actually, perhaps the mandate for the next CEO should include not being so old that a bit of cold makes your arthritis flare up. Scratch the Jerry West idea.
                  I will say in defense of TL's wife, she just came from living in California and stepped right into the Ice Storm and probably the worst winter I've experienced since the early 90's.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    MLSE did go out of their way to get TL in the first place. I just don't see why they would go back to the way things were when the OTP owned MLSE. I think the #weTheNorth, the '16 ASG and the interest in the soccer club by spending big bucks on two players are probably all reasons why I could see MLSE continuing with that vision. Maybe I'm just being naive though.

I do hope that Masai would want to stick around after his contract ends. With Tim gone that may not be guaranteed.

It's going to be interesting to see who they go after next. Hopefully it's an executive with a sports background. One that enjoys basketball more than any other sport.
                    Spot on, though I highly doubt TL's departure will have any affect on MU staying or leaving. You got it right about MLSE not being the teachers' union anymore. Whatever speculating so many are doing about Rogers/Bell being a big problem, they're the ones who set the stage for the likes of TL to begin with, and they're seeing quick results. Why the hell would they go back to the teachers' union ways?

Comment

• I agree the biggest loss with TL is the sports and entertainment connections, the charisma, and the vision. Yeah you can stick any suit who's a competent executive in the role, but the organization loses something unique/special if the CEO is just managing routine operations.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Interesting: "Leiweke is married to Bernadette. They have one daughter, Francesca, who is married to Troy Bodie, a professional hockey player in the Toronto Maple Leafs organization" (from his wiki page)

Looks like they will be around Toronto more than they like lol...

Comment

• Reboc wrote: View Post
                          Interesting: "Leiweke is married to Bernadette. They have one daughter, Francesca, who is married to Troy Bodie, a professional hockey player in the Toronto Maple Leafs organization" (from his wiki page)

Looks like they will be around Toronto more than they like lol...
                          Troy Bodie only joined the Maple Leafs when, you guessed it, TL was hired.

Comment

• This should be interesting.

Obviously going to be: "Nothing has or will change. Masai still runs the Raptors. MLSE is fully behind Masai and his vision." ....or somethign to that effect.

Comment

• Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                                I will say in defense of TL's wife, she just came from living in California and stepped right into the Ice Storm and probably the worst winter I've experienced since the early 90's.
                                It has absolutely nothing to do with the weather, that was a smokescreen.

It has everything to do with the fact there was a power struggle in upper management and he wasn't given complete control. MLSE wants a yes man, not someone who is going to question decisions
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X