No announcement yet.

Tim Lieweke leaving?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's the one that brought in Drake...so just for that alone you're probably right.
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      That type of quote is what I mean by hot air.

Always talking about winning but little to show for it.

That is fine by me though. I'd rather have a guy hyping to be a contender than happy to make the playoffs (Colangelo).

Very much think Raptors/MLSE lost a huge piece with his early departure. Tannenbaum is happy to live in mediocrity it seems.
      I suspect his bluntness alienated some board members. It is my understanding he got frustrated dealing with some of these bafoons in addition to his wife not liking the cold. His bold and blunt approach will be sorely missed.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
        I suspect his bluntness alienated some board members. It is my understanding he got frustrated dealing with some of these bafoons in addition to his wife not liking the cold. His bold and blunt approach will be sorely missed.
        the primary reason for his departure from what I understand is the MLSE handling of the Buffalo Bills purchase...one of the main draws for him to join MLSE in the first place was the "assurance" that MLSE would secure the Bills bid and bring the NFL to Toronto...and the failure and handling of that process led to the falling out. TL is a gem that the muppets at MLSE are letting get away..

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
          I am sure he was good value to MLSE for the 2 yrs he was here (@ 5 mill. per I believe). Wonder if one can quantify the increased value of MLSE for the same period?. I would think it would be in excess of 10 mill. easy.
          It'd be so hard to determine. They spent so much money now banking on growth and revenue in the future. If the teams start winning, and by winning I mean a championship or competing for championships MLSE value will double. Look at what they are worth with a bunch of losers. Leiwekes value add is in the hundreds of millions for sure just based on what is in place and the real opportunity to double in value over the next 5-10 years.
          Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
          Because its 2015

Comment

• For a "faceless" organization led by corporations and board members, TL brought a Mark Cuban/Jerry Buss/Daryl Morey dynamic to MLSE. He was a guy with ambition and vision and balls who could get things done and provide leadership. Amazing how many changes he made in such a short time.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/r...e-replacement/
              You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• They should of just named Babcock as replacement
                Yo ure profile pic..is that Omar from the Wire,love that character. That was sick show,2 bad they stopped after 5th season.

As for Tim Lieweke replacement,who ever it is,probably b a puppet,good luck 2 that individual.
                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Ugh, I hope they don't just hire a hockey guy. One of the best parts of TL was the immediate attention TFC and the Raptors got.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                    Ugh, I hope they don't just hire a hockey guy. One of the best parts of TL was the immediate attention TFC and the Raptors got.
                    word is the media guy from Chorus Entertainment is the heavy favourite, makes sense since MLSE is all Bell/Rogers now.

Comment

• RepTdot wrote: View Post
                      word is the media guy from Chorus Entertainment is the heavy favourite, makes sense since MLSE is all Bell/Rogers now.
                      I kinda like the idea of an entertainment exec, not too different than Lieweke, except without the prior sports experience. If anything, I feel like him not having a sports background would make him more hands off, allowing our GM to do the work and explain to him the whys and why nots.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                        I kinda like the idea of an entertainment exec, not too different than Lieweke, except without the prior sports experience. If anything, I feel like him not having a sports background would make him more hands off, allowing our GM to do the work and explain to him the whys and why nots.
                        He might also be able to realize that showing the same 4 commercials during every single break is not appealing to your viewers.
                        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Hold the phone!!!!

HAPPY WEEKEND EVERYONE!

Comment

• word.
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• very interesting
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Have we gone from....

.....to?

Probably not. But he is doing a great job making Tannenbaum and MLSE look like pricks!

Comment

Working...
                                X