How To Post a Tweet/GIF/Photo in a thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Post a Tweet/GIF/Photo in a thread

I want to post some Clippers slander and it will be enhanced if I remember how to do this in the "new" forum.
    This comes ups a bit within threads so I thought a new post might be a good way to capture this.

Can someone remind us how to post a tweet or a GIF of BAM blocking Tatum. Or Doc Rivers crying.

Edit-- F Boston.

For twitter.. on a desktop, go to the tweet. Click on the time of the tweet in the top right corner of that specific tweet. For example if the tweet was delivered today it will show something in minutes or hours. Click that value. That way the full tweet is in your window. Copy/paste the URL out. It will be something like: https://twitter.com/twitter_handle/status/some_number

In RR, place that URL inside [ tweet ] and [ /tweet ] tags (without the spaces).

One additional note.. RR will automatically try to render the URL and turn the link into a hyperlink. And the tweet won't show up. So what I do is take the URL and copy/paste it into and out of of a text document like notepad (on Windows). Then place the newly copied URL inside the [ tweet ] [ /tweet ] tags.

You can use the preview option to see if it worked before you submit it.

For example, went to Sid Seixerio's twitter page:
    https://twitter.com/Sid_Seixeiro

I want to bring in his second last tweet. So I click on the "8h" little link in the top right corner of that tweet I want.

I get this link:
    https://twitter.com/Sid_Seixeiro/sta...79703778955268

I copy/paste that into a notepad file, and copy/paste it out of there. I then place it between [ tweet ] and [ /tweet ] tags (without the spaces) and I get:

Comment

You did God's work today planetmars.

Comment

One suggestion instead of using notepad (desktop users) - just copy the URL from the original tweet, right click to post in RR (between [ tweet ]...[ /tweet ]) and when you right click you can "paste as plain text." That will avoid the automatic hyperlink URL.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
          One suggestion instead of using notepad (desktop users) - just copy the URL from the original tweet, right click to post in RR (between [ tweet ]...[ /tweet ]) and when you right click you can "paste as plain text." That will avoid the automatic hyperlink URL.
          Nice.. didn't know that option existed. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

I’ve never done any of that hyper link step at the end and do it slightly differently and I think perhaps slightly more easily...

again, if you go to the specific tweet, in the bottom of it, it will have 4 icons... the one on the far right, next to the heart icon is the one you want that looks like an ‘outbox‘ or ‘send’ icon... click that and it’ll have a chain icon next to “Copy link to Tweet” — select that and it will automatically copy that link and then you can go and paste it between those same brackets as pm showed.. you shouldn’t have to do any right clicking or pasting....

I’ll always check it in preview first. If it shows there, you’re good. If not, you’ve gotta try something else.

AS FOR GIFS...

I almost always use giphy.com ... those will always work. Sometimes other gifs will - sometimes they won’t. Like tenor for example often won’t be compatible for some reason.

On giphy, select the gif, then click to the right “copy link” then the gif will transform into 3 links... select the middle “GIF link” — copy that.. then all you have to do is come back to your post and go to the Grey series of tabs above the post, (expand if necessary to show all options) and 3/4 of the way to the right is an icon that looks mountains with a sun or moon over. It’ll say ‘image’ if you pause over it. Feed the link into that at the top of the next window where it says URL and hit ok, and you should be good to go. You can size it by dragging the bottom right corner with your cursor.

that sounds a lot more complicated than it is. It’s pretty easy.

That mountain icon is good for pics as well.

meanwhile if you want a YouTube video or other video link, do the same thing with the video icon beside the image icon.

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
              I’ve never done any of that hyper link step at the end and do it slightly differently and I think perhaps slightly more easily...

again, if you go to the specific tweet, in the bottom of it, it will have 4 icons... the one on the far right, next to the heart icon is the one you want that looks like an ‘outbox‘ or ‘send’ icon... click that and it’ll have a chain icon next to “Copy link to Tweet” — select that and it will automatically copy that link and then you can go and paste it between those same brackets as pm showed.. you shouldn’t have to do any right clicking or pasting....

I’ll always check it in preview first. If it shows there, you’re good. If not, you’ve gotta try something else.

AS FOR GIFS...

I almost always use giphy.com ... those will always work. Sometimes other gifs will - sometimes they won’t. Like tenor for example often won’t be compatible for some reason.

On giphy, select the gif, then click to the right “copy link” then the gif will transform into 3 links... select the middle “GIF link” — copy that.. then all you have to do is come back to your post and go to the Grey series of tabs above the post, (expand if necessary to show all options) and 3/4 of the way to the right is an icon that looks mountains with a sun or moon over. It’ll say ‘image’ if you pause over it. Feed the link into that at the top of the next window where it says URL and hit ok, and you should be good to go. You can size it by dragging the bottom right corner with your cursor.

meanwhile if you want a YouTube video or other video link, do the same thing with the video icon beside the image icon.
              But how do we make Jeff goldblum ride a dinosaur with Kyle Lowry headbutting kyrie Irving and a 30 multi colored spinning basketballs and a dancing raptor jesus in the background of the gif? Huh? Huh??
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

But how do we make Jeff goldblum ride a dinosaur with Kyle Lowry headbutting kyrie Irving and a 30 multi colored spinning basketballs and a dancing raptor jesus in the background of the gif? Huh? Huh??
                I just realized this year why Goldblum is Goldblum on this site and now I'm pissed I missed an obvious opportunity for a Jurassic Park pun
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

AS FOR GIFS...

Well, there it is. Thank you. I will test that out.

Comment

Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                        How do you avoid the automatic hyperlink URL on mobile?

I think this may be the source of a lot of my frustration with these new forums.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post

How do you avoid the automatic hyperlink URL on mobile?

I think this may be the source of a lot of my frustration with these new forums.
                          Pretty sure my instructions from above should work on mobile as well. Just checked.

So don’t take the url of the tweet, rather — go to the bottom right on the tweet, select the outbox(ish) icon and then of the two prompts, select copy link to tweet. That’ll automatically copy and then you paste that in your post between the [tweet]x2 with the backslash included with the second one.

So yeah, don't use the URL is the key. Much easier.

Comment

Working...
                          X