Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Lucas "Bebe" Nogueira

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Everything Lucas "Bebe" Nogueira



    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...Nogueira-5957/

    Offensively, Nogueira is fairly limited, averaging just 5.4 points in 13.6 minutes per game this season, finding the overwhelming majority of his production off the ball via cuts, pick and roll finishes, offensive rebounds and by running the floor in transition. He does not possess the lower body strength needed to establish position in the post, and generally isn't a threat to score outside of five feet. He shows little semblance of a jump-shot or ball-handling skills and is not the type of player you want creating with the ball in his hands, as he's just an average decision maker and struggles dealing with contact due to his still-underdeveloped frame.

    Nevertheless, he finds ways to score points efficiently in his time on the court, as his tremendous combination of length, outstanding hands, mobility and leaping ability make him a phenomenal target for his guards to utilize in drive and dish situations, as they can just throw the ball up anywhere in the vicinity of the rim and he'll usually find a way to go get it and hammer it home in emphatic fashion. Thanks to his outstanding reach he barely needs to jump in order to dunk the ball, which gives him plenty of opportunities to score each game simply by staying active. Bebe is one of the better finishers you'll find in this draft class, ranking third in the ACB in field goal percentage at 66%.

    Defensively, Nogueira has made notable strides this season, finally showing signs of adding an improved mental approach to the game to compliment his tremendous physical tools. He's developing into a real game-changer inside the paint with his phenomenal combination of size, length, mobility, and timing. Quick with his rotations, he covers ground extremely well and is incredibly difficult to shoot over thanks to his 7-5 wingspan and 9-3 standing reach, ranking as the second best per-minute shot-blocker in the ACB this season at 3.3 blocks per-40. He also uses his length to get in the passing lanes, sometimes coming up with deflections on post-entry passes or simply poking the ball away from behind after his opponent has caught the ball with his back to the basket.

    As much of a difference maker as Bebe can be rotating from the weakside, he can still get taken advantage of in one-on-one situations by the plethora of skilled and physically developed big men you find in the highly competitive ACB. His lack of lower body strength makes it difficult for him to hold his ground inside the paint, as he can get backed down and pushed around at times, something he'll have to continue to work on as he adds more weight to his frame. When switching out onto the perimeter his high hips and high center of gravity make it difficult for him to move his feet and stay in front of smaller players.

    From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz3Bpz8rJL6
    http://www.draftexpress.com












    Last edited by godkingleonidas; Fri Aug 29th, 2014, 10:16 PM.

  • #2
    godkingleonidas wrote: View Post
    This picture is all I need to know. Without any exaggeration, this was one of the best moments in draft history.
    http://twitter.com/m_shantz

    Comment


    • #3
      cool

      Comment


      • #4
        Great start for the "Everything Bebe" thread. I liked the draft videos. Great offensive rebounds stats, his blocks seem to wind up in his teammates hands at a high rate, he can pass and looks to, and he has a great attitude. It is going to be fun watching Bebe and Bruno grow and develop. One of my most fun times with the Raps has been the last two years seeing Ross and JV grow while DeMar and Amir come into their own.

        Of course, both Bebe and Bruno could look like very nice trade bait in another year or so.

        Comment


        • #5
          Shantz wrote: View Post
          This picture is all I need to know. Without any exaggeration, this was one of the best moments in draft history.
          Maybe thats why Boston traded him lol. I remember it well thinking...dang, that guy's got ballsy humour.

          Comment


          • #6
            Pretty hilarious. Bill Simmons absolutely loves it:

            Comment


            • #7
              He's at 220lbs right now

              He's gonna get killed I'm the NBA

              He needs to get around 240lbs



              It's funny James Johnson is almost 260 lbs and he's a SF
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

              Comment


              • #8
                MACK11 wrote: View Post
                He's at 220lbs right now

                He's gonna get killed I'm the NBA

                He needs to get around 240lbs



                It's funny James Johnson is almost 260 lbs and he's a SF
                A lot of these measurements are old. James has lost weight so he probably isn't 260 anymore and Bebe has probably gained a little weight from that 220.
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

                Comment


                • #9
                  GLF wrote: View Post
                  A lot of these measurements are old. James has lost weight so he probably isn't 260 anymore and Bebe has probably gained a little weight from that 220.
                  yeah, Amir's still listed at 210 and if anyone thinks that's even close, they haven't seen him in 6 years. He's gotta be 240 at least.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    chico wrote: View Post
                    yeah, Amir's still listed at 210 and if anyone thinks that's even close, they haven't seen him in 6 years. He's gotta be 240 at least.
                    I remember one year he said he was like 250 something. Bebe already looks a bit bigger so I know he isn't 220 anymore. James Johnson definitely isnt 260 anymore. He's lost a lot of weight.
                    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      MACK11 wrote: View Post
                      He's at 220lbs right now

                      He's gonna get killed I'm the NBA

                      He needs to get around 240lbs



                      It's funny James Johnson is almost 260 lbs and he's a SF
                      It's McKechnie time. → http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/ale...nie-oct-5-2012

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        According to his own twitter account, Bebe has already worked out with Kakeem, not to keep shitting on Colangelo, but i don't understand what took so long for JV to work out with him. Did he ever actually there was plenty of talk that he was going to, but he's been busy working out everywhere and going to train with his national team, but haven't seen confirmation that it has happened yet.

                        All that to say, I'm so happy with the focus on developing young players that the team has now. and I'm glad after all we didn't sign a back up Center, Bebe's leash is gonna be that much longer. Haven't been this optimistic about the team in over 10 years.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Dino4life wrote: View Post
                          According to his own twitter account, Bebe has already worked out with Kakeem, not to keep shitting on Colangelo, but i don't understand what took so long for JV to work out with him. Did he ever actually there was plenty of talk that he was going to, but he's been busy working out everywhere and going to train with his national team, but haven't seen confirmation that it has happened yet.

                          All that to say, I'm so happy with the focus on developing young players that the team has now. and I'm glad after all we didn't sign a back up Center, Bebe's leash is gonna be that much longer. Haven't been this optimistic about the team in over 10 years.
                          JV worked with him earlier this summer, before joining his national team.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Nogueira has a history tendonitis in the knees. More weight is more stress on those knees. Nerlans Noel looked awesome and skinny in summer league.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Better keep his weight down I agree. If we are facing bruiser type centre then use Hayes. I'm really hoping he'll bring some shot blocking to Raps.
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X