Everything Malachi Flynn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Clearly the Raptors system does not fit him.
    But then why did they draft him?
    I mean we can keep relitigating why they drafted him. I will say a new factor that is involved and then we should probably stop going back to the whole WHY DID THEY DRAFT HIM conversation because its boring. First of all, the raptors front office aren't perfect, pretty good but not perfect. When Malachi was drafted we were mid way through the early part of the pandemic and the whole NCAA schedule was ruined, and a lot of scouting got messed up. It was part of the reason why Wiseman was drafted 2nd despite the weird college thing he had. Beyond that it was a weak draft overall. There were some interesting guys selected but overall it was muted regarding top tier talent. Cole Anthony should have gone earlier, same with Maxey. We also got Jalen Harris that draft who was ok for a short stint of games and the rest is history.

Not every guy works out perfectly. So now what are the options? We can either fire the coach or force nurse to change the system to fit flynn... if you are reasonable you will see that ... Flynn isn't talented enough to warrant shifting your whole system just to make him work. You can pray and hope he figures it out... which is what we are doing right now but again he will not ever be consistent enough in my opinion but maybe I am not praying and hoping hard enough and you are...Finally we can use him in a trade and try to recoup value or take a gamble on someone else.. Nickeil alexander walker and a pick would be nice value if possible, I suggested Kenyon Martin Jr. in the summer and I maintain that.

Desmond Bane had short arms which is why we didn't draft him... technically the celtics did and then they traded him to the grizzlies... sure the celtics are kicking themselves for that one. So yeah. In my opinion the most obvious path is to trade him. Why make him suffer more and why waste an asset He isn't expiring so some team may want to get him in.

Comment

• Malachi making the most of his opportunity. Lovin' it almost as much as his father is....

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nba/article...g-teams-slump/

Comment

• Saw this in today's game thread.

slaw wrote: View Post
        There’s Flynn. Hey, sit there for 2 hours and now get in there and produce in 3 minutes or you’re benched again. No pressure.
        I've heard people say Malachi is bad, and his only nba level skill is shooting 3s. Is he, though?? Or if he is not the best now, was he to begin with?

There was the April 2021 rookie of the month. And look in this article Will Lou says he is a "defensively-sound guard who rarely gets bullied despite being undersized".

He spent 2020-21 going up and down from the g league. I don't remember a lot of g league last year and there's none this year, just sit on the bench, barely play.

I think Malachi might represent an overall problem with Nurse. This guy wants to win so much that he stops developing players. That might work well when you're in England or if you have a championship team that has enough good players to rotate between that you can split the minutes up. But ever since the 2019-20 season Nick Nurse has been destroying his best players through playing them all the time and not really developing anyone: Scottie came in good to begin with. Pascal has developed but he's considered a "good player" that will help Nick win so is able to play enough to develop.

What happened to "making the 13th man the 9th man and 9th man the 6th man".

#BYENNTHANKSFORTHECHAMPIONSHIP

Comment

• NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post
          Saw this in today's game thread.

I've heard people say Malachi is bad, and his only nba level skill is shooting 3s. Is he, though?? Or if he is not the best now, was he to begin with?

There was the April 2021 rookie of the month. And look in this article Will Lou says he is a "defensively-sound guard who rarely gets bullied despite being undersized".

He spent 2020-21 going up and down from the g league. I don't remember a lot of g league last year and there's none this year, just sit on the bench, barely play.

I think Malachi might represent an overall problem with Nurse. This guy wants to win so much that he stops developing players. That might work well when you're in England or if you have a championship team that has enough good players to rotate between that you can split the minutes up. But ever since the 2019-20 season Nick Nurse has been destroying his best players through playing them all the time and not really developing anyone: Scottie came in good to begin with. Pascal has developed but he's considered a "good player" that will help Nick win so is able to play enough to develop.

What happened to "making the 13th man the 9th man and 9th man the 6th man".

#BYENNTHANKSFORTHECHAMPIONSHIP
          Flynn just isn't very good. Drives me crazy how everyone thinks he's this amazing player just waiting to be unleashed.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Flynn just isn't very good. Drives me crazy how everyone thinks he's this amazing player just waiting to be unleashed.
            I don’t think he’s an amazing player waiting to be unleashed (and I’ve repeatedly said there is no role for him in Toronto) but I also don’t think the Raps have done right by him. And the absolute bullshit garbage from Nurse today that my post was referencing was a giant fuck you to both the player and the front office. Don’t like when coaches do stuff like that to players.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

I don’t think he’s an amazing player waiting to be unleashed (and I’ve repeatedly said there is no role for him in Toronto) but I also don’t think the Raps have done right by him. And the absolute bullshit garbage from Nurse today that my post was referencing was a giant fuck you to both the player and the front office. Don’t like when coaches do stuff like that to players.
              Hopefully he gets traded somewhere new before next season. For his sake and ours.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

Desmond Bane had short arms which is why we didn't draft him... technically the celtics did and then they traded him to the grizzlies... sure the celtics are kicking themselves for that one. So yeah. In my opinion the most obvious path is to trade him. Why make him suffer more and why waste an asset He isn't expiring so some team may want to get him in.
                Bane is still 6'6" and is bigger than Flynn.

I like Flynn, but he is being wasted by the coach

Comment

Is he though? He is very streaky, hasn't seemed to add anything to his game in the off-season's he has had, doesn't provide a different look, and is limited defensively to guarding point smaller point guards. You like for your bench guys to provide a spark, come in with energy and make something happen. When Boucher comes in and gets a put back or a big block it gets the team and himself going. He'll add a corner 3 and come out of the game having made an impact. Flynn never seems to have that juice off the bench. He does well if he has a spot start or an extended leash, but he can't always have that and he knows it. What has he done to make him valuable in short bursts?
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Flynn straight up isn't that good but yes the pick didn't work out time to move on and look forward.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                      Nurse is going to love this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJLUB0QnS4U

Nope lol
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• But yeah at this point we know he just ain't good.
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          But yeah at this point we know he just ain't good.
                          Yeah this is a Masai problem, not Nurse. It was a swing and a miss draft pick. It happens to every GM.

Comment

• Hey he made back to back threes last game ....

Comment

• I guess Malachi outlasted Nick. It was strange that he didn’t get more run this year. It was also interesting that when Masai mentioned young guys not getting playing time, he mentioned Flynn, Dalano, Harper Jr….but specifically not Dowtin. He did address Jeff when asked about him but it seems like there’s something there.

Comment

• Well Down got the playing time over them. Masai specifically said Dowtin has a future on this team, which is deserved. He's a good version of McCaw

Comment

Working...
                                X