Everything Malachi Flynn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything Malachi Flynn

Thought I would make a thread about our new prospect.

Found this on him.. pretty good read if you have a few minutes:
    https://hoopshabit.com/2020/11/20/toronto-raptors-3-things-malachi-flynn/

Comment

Reposting in the correct thread.

This is an excellent pre-draft scouting interview for ESPN by Mike Schmitz with Flynn. 25 minutes of good questions, a lot of film clips analyzed and it reveals a fair bit about Flynn's play and thinking. Mentions his floater and 3 or 4 PG's that have similar characteristics. Well worth a look. Also spends some time at the end of the session talking about his defense.

I will step up and say that in a few years I believe this is another late pick that people won't believe the Raptors snatched away.

https://ca.nba.com/news/nba-draft-20...&mi_country=CA

Comment

Yep. Liking this pick more and more the more I read about him. A common trend with Raptor draft picks of late.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Nurse is going to love this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJLUB0QnS4U

Last edited by golden; Fri Nov 20, 2020, 05:40 PM.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
            Nurse is going to love this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJLUB0QnS4U

Betchu liked the part at the end in ‘comparisons‘ when it said “with shades of Trey Burke.”

He looks pretty great. Excited to see what he can bring.

Prediction: by the end of his career we’ll look back on him as our all time greatest Malachi.

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Betchu liked the part at the end in ‘comparisons‘ when it said “with shades of Trey Burke.”

He looks pretty great. Excited to see what he can bring.

Prediction: by the end of his career we’ll look back on him as our all time greatest Malachi.
              Come on why you underrating our guy Malachi Richardson like this??

#KAWHI2021

Comment

Malachi was picked 29th. Do opposing teams even bother scouting guys like that? Do the assistant coaches have a binder with pages on players where it says "usually goes left" or "rarely passes from the right side to the top of the arc if guarded by a taller player," you know, general tendencies. So if a guy gets subbed in, Coach can shout "watch the baseline cut from the right side." I'm just making shit up, but you get my drift. TD seemed to really catch opposing teams off guard. Of course, he wasn't taken in the first round, or the second, but you would expect, with 5 or 6 assistant coaches on each team, there would be time for someone to scribble some notes together.

In other words, I suspect Flynn won't be catching other teams off guard. Unless he comes in and does stuff they don't have tape on.

Comment

Anyone with picks 15-60 would have scouted him depending on where they thought he'd land. In other words, every team has a book on every 1st or 2nd rounder

Comment

Did FVV catch teams off guard that they didn't select him in the first round?!

I bet at least 20 teams are now kicking themselves for not doing so.

Comment

Flynn's a baller.

Comment

Because he is smaller, the statue of him outside the home arena will cost a lot less, assuming they stick with life-size.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                          Because he is smaller, the statue of him outside the home arena will cost a lot less, assuming they stick with life-size.
                          You could get 2 for 1 statues out of him and FVV ....

Comment

You know i'm one of biggest FVV fan here but Flynn is gonna be better than FVV. I also don't like the FVV comparison. FVV as a rookie was a benchwarmer for the Raptors. This guy Flynn looks like he's already one of the best players on the team. If he gets a chance, he's gonna produce.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

I think he’s the best rookie we’ve had in long time.

last night he had some Kemba in his game. I loved how he attacked the key and fought to get to his spots.

Comment

Working...
                              X