Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Nah.
    Teams love the bigger, faster, athletic types.
    They always look at 'potential'.
    That's why a lot of them fail.
    That's fair. But I think he would have had a nice showing in the tournament with his shooting, pick and roll, and defence/steals average. Especially with his college coach planning to have him as the unquestioned floor general. I don't think he magically goes number one or even top 5 because of the points you mentioned, but I think in a draft that didn't have many hyped players, he would jump up at least 10 spots to the late teens. I think we are both correct here.

Not that his late placement in the draft upsets me, of course. The cancelled tournament and him having to sit out his third year in the NCAA because of his transfer all leads to good things for the Raptors. And when people eventually do the re-drafts that they do in a couple of years once players showcase what they bring to the NBA, Malachi will certainly jump up the ladder.

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post

Flynn is a pure point guard. He reminds me more of a Tony Parker.
      Yup. I see a lot of TP in Flynn.

Comment

This is good news.. the kid needs playing time badly.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

McCaw back?

Comment

So if Kyle or Fred got hurt, can they just call him up?
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Finally!

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post

So if Kyle or Fred got hurt, can they just call him up?
                Yep. That was one of the selling points of the G-League being a bubble, that teams wouldn't need to worry about quarantining the players on a recall. And yeah, G-league callups are instantaneous - if they decide game day to call him up, so long as they do it before submitting rosters for the game (and can get him there) they can do it.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

So far his biggest claim to fame is looking angry doing casual things.

Here he is on the bench when you should be relaxed, with rigid posture and intense focus looking like an actual raptor

Now here he is next to happy Kyle Lowry while everyone awaits to surprise Fred, Malachi looks like he wants to stab the next person who comes through that door

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

Here he is on the bench when you should be relaxed, with rigid posture and intense focus looking like an actual raptor

Now here he is next to happy Kyle Lowry while everyone awaits to surprise Fred, Malachi looks like he wants to stab the next person who comes through that door

😂👍🏻

Comment

Malachi Flynn is a basketball player for the Toronto Raptors of the National Basketball Association. The Washington native played college basketball for Washington State before transferring to play for the San Diego State Aztecs. In his last collegiate season, Malachi was named Defensive Player of the Year and Mountain West Player of the Year. Flynn […]

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

Seems a lot like a little man with something to prove. That's all right, this team could use a little attitiude....

Comment

Good for him, you can tell Flynn is a good ball player - the league is just tough. Some run in the Dleague will be good for him.

Comment

I think it’s the right move... I think he could be playing for the Raps right now but might as well build him up that.

Comment

This is how so many recent Raptor greats have cut their teeth.

Join the list.

Godspeed Malachi

Comment

I feel for these guys when their dads spout off on social media about playing time. I’m sure he agrees with his dad’s assessment, but it still must be humiliating in the locker room.

Comment

Working...
                                X