9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

insanity puns need to banned lol too many of those
      Anything that reminds me of the Quitter needs to be banned

Comment

• Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
          But the Raps forgot how to develop players cause Jerry Stackhouse left. How is this possible? Must be random chance, like when players score and don't miss. Just random chance.

Comment

• Congrats Malachi

Dude is legit

Comment

• Not bad for Mr 29

Comment

• Pretty cool.. not sure he makes an all rookie team, but yeah that's a great award for the kid. Helps to have Ball out for most of the month though. Outside of Flynn I thought Bey and Stewart from Detroit, Anthony from Orlando or Nesmith from Boston were his Eastern conference competitors for the month.

Most of the other kids drafted in the East haven't really produced much or don't get much playing time.

But another feather in Tolzman's cap.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

But the Raps forgot how to develop players cause Jerry Stackhouse left. How is this possible? Must be random chance, like when players score and don't miss. Just random chance.
                  All we were saaaaa-ying.... was give Flynn a chance.

Comment

• My thoughts even after his decent month of April.

I don't mind Malachi as a future reserve guard but I don't yet see him projecting as a guy that fits in the top 8-9 of a rotation on a team that wants to compete for championships. There just seems to be something missing for him at this level. I would switch him out right now for fellow rookie Payton Pritchard no questions, that guys seems like he has more of that it factor.

I hope he proves me wrong but the Month of May has not been a great even with regular minutes.
                    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Didn't have summer league. Didn't have a normal G-League option to get more reps in. Shorter than normal training camp. Limited time playing with the big club until recently. When he does get consistent minutes he does quite well. It's wayyyy too early to write this kid off. He's going to be at least a decent back up PG that makes few mistakes, plays D and controls the game at a minimum.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                        Didn't have summer league. Didn't have a normal G-League option to get more reps in. Shorter than normal training camp. Limited time playing with the big club until recently. When he does get consistent minutes he does quite well. It's wayyyy too early to write this kid off. He's going to be at least a decent back up PG that makes few mistakes, plays D and controls the game at a minimum.
                        Except now he is averaging 18 minutes a game and has played 42 games at the NBA level. I am not writing him off as an NBA player, I just feel that if Lowry is gone next season I am not comfortable with him as the primary back-up.

FVV
                        Gary Jr. (re-sign)
                        OG
                        Pascal
                        Birch (re-sign)

I like this 5 as a starting group, but the bench is going to need some extra work. Flynn and Gillespie are good 3rd options at their positions. In order to get back to top 3 or 4 in the East the team will need a few guys to jump them...in my opinion.
                        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post

Except now he is averaging 18 minutes a game and has played 42 games at the NBA level. I am not writing him off as an NBA player, I just feel that if Lowry is gone next season I am not comfortable with him as the primary back-up.

FVV
                          Gary Jr. (re-sign)
                          OG
                          Pascal
                          Birch (re-sign)

I like this 5 as a starting group, but the bench is going to need some extra work. Flynn and Gillespie are good 3rd options at their positions. In order to get back to top 3 or 4 in the East the team will need a few guys to jump them...in my opinion.
                          Flynn is a perfectly capable backup point. If they don't keep Lowry, expect them to either get something back for him in a SnT or use cap room to make an upgrade, possibly at starting C, with Birch playing backup. If they are just re-signing Birch and Trent, odds are they either have Lowry on the roster or they've gotten something for him directly or indirectly via SnT.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Flynn is a perfectly capable backup point. If they don't keep Lowry, expect them to either get something back for him in a SnT or use cap room to make an upgrade, possibly at starting C, with Birch playing backup. If they are just re-signing Birch and Trent, odds are they either have Lowry on the roster or they've gotten something for him directly or indirectly via SnT.
                            That's my point, capable, he just doesn't move the needle for me, there's something missing.

If we can get a legit upgrade over Birch I am great with him off the bench. So far though he is showing he can be a great starting big for the Raptors. He fits with the pace and style of play, offensively he is more versatile than advertised, and although he is smallish he battles hard. He turns 29 in September, so not like he is on the down turn of his career. A legit 6'11/7' guy on the roster would be nice though!
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post

That's my point, capable, he just doesn't move the needle for me, there's something missing.

If we can get a legit upgrade over Birch I am great with him off the bench. So far though he is showing he can be a great starting big for the Raptors. He fits with the pace and style of play, offensively he is more versatile than advertised, and although he is smallish he battles hard. He turns 29 in September, so not like he is on the down turn of his career. A legit 6'11/7' guy on the roster would be nice though!
                              If you wait for needle movers to play all your bench roles you will be waiting a while. They have much bigger concerns to address than a young backup PG who is already capable and has room to grow.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                                Didn't have summer league. Didn't have a normal G-League option to get more reps in. Shorter than normal training camp. Limited time playing with the big club until recently. When he does get consistent minutes he does quite well. It's wayyyy too early to write this kid off. He's going to be at least a decent back up PG that makes few mistakes, plays D and controls the game at a minimum.
                                Well said....a good back up PG for now and maybe can be elevated to a starter in 2 to 3 years with his solid fundamentals

He needs his reps and support from his Coach

Comment

Working...
                                X