Everything Malachi Flynn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WJF wrote: View Post
    If Lowry is not back I really want to see an established vet PG with some size added to the roster. Someone like a Delon Wright, Ricky Rubio type. A late 20's early 30's guy that brings a different look when running a team and can play with FVV. Not sure who is available as a free agent, but maybe could be part of a sign and trade with Lowry. Flynn needs more time to develop, a vet would allow him to go to the G-league for assignment next year.
    Is it just my faulty memory, or does Flynn not look better than Fred or Delon did in their first seasons? I don't think he will have any trouble being a credible backup and useable in case of injury after this off-season.

Comment

• He has a more complete game than Delon coming in. Delon’s Had good D due to his size and great handles and court vision. It took him awhile to develop a 3 and in my opinion he was not good at finishing drives. He could get to the rim no problem but had troubles finishing.

Fred played mostly in the G league his first year. I don’t remember him all that much

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
        I think Flynn is a decent backup right now, and he is only going to get better. I don’t know why people are down on him
        First, I'm not down on him at all.

I do however think he needs another season as the third PG in the rotation before moving up to primary back up. My reasoning is that he has been tentative at times and seems to have his confidence shaken easily. Should FVV go down due to injury for a significant stretch it would be Flynn as the starter and I haven't seen enough from Flynn to love that idea. As I've said before maybe he will have a nice off season and make big strides.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

Is it just my faulty memory, or does Flynn not look better than Fred or Delon did in their first seasons? I don't think he will have any trouble being a credible backup and useable in case of injury after this off-season.
          Keep in mind those guys weren't the primary back up to Lowry in their first couple of seasons.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Keep in mind those guys weren't the primary back up to Lowry in their first couple of seasons.
            Yeah, we had CoJo. A stop-gap, veteran, backup PG is a fairly easy commodity to find on the NBA market, for a reasonable price.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Fred VanVleet averaged 20 minutes per game for 76 games as Lowry's primary backup in his second season, after appearing in 37 games basically only in garbage time (8 MPG) in his rookie year. Flynn has appeared in 43 games at 18 MPG this season, so he's ahead of schedule.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yeah, we had CoJo. A stop-gap, veteran, backup PG is a fairly easy commodity to find on the NBA market, for a reasonable price.
                We had CoJo for approximately the full MLE. That's 10M these days. Yes, we could spend 10M on a backup PG but I think that would be a misuse of resources.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Malachi is looking a bit jacked up:

Comment

• I don't get why guys are down on this kid... Just his height? He does look like he put on a bit more muscle, and he's jacking up 3's. I'm excited to see the rotation this year.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                      I don't get why guys are down on this kid... Just his height? He does look like he put on a bit more muscle, and he's jacking up 3's. I'm excited to see the rotation this year.
                      Not me.
                      I like Fynn's game a lot.
                      Reminds me of Tony Parker.

Comment

• Mixx: I want Suggs
                        Masai: we got Suggs at home

*Suggs at home:
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Malachi is looking a bit jacked up:

Looks a lot more confidant. Of course, he should be playing in these games I expect. His handle seems a little tighter.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                                Mixx: I want Suggs
                                Masai: we got Suggs at home

*Suggs at home:
                                "But dad I want Giannis & Kawhi!"

Masai: "Don't worry son I will get you something that hopefully will turn into one".

Comment

Working...
                                X