Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

"But dad I want Giannis & Kawhi!"

Masai: "Don't worry son I will get you something that hopefully will turn into one".

yeah Masai's betting our Barnander evolves into a Kawhizard

Comment

• c-troop wrote: View Post

yeah Masai's betting our Barnander evolves into a Kawhizard
      Also Ben Simmons is too expensive to trade so it's Giannis Barnesimmons.

Comment

• With all the Flynn hype right now I thought a bump would be good.

I for one still don't think he is ready for big minutes off the bench as the primary PG backup on a team looking to compete for playoffs. He does ok as a starter and has showed flashes, but I think he needs another year to work on consistency off the bench.

I hope he proves me wrong. I also hope he learns everything he can from Dragic while he is with the Raps.
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
          With all the Flynn hype right now I thought a bump would be good.

I for one still don't think he is ready for big minutes off the bench as the primary PG backup on a team looking to compete for playoffs. He does ok as a starter and has showed flashes, but I think he needs another year to work on consistency off the bench.

I hope he proves me wrong. I also hope he learns everything he can from Dragic while he is with the Raps.
          I think if anything what he needs is a consistent role off the bench.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I think if anything what he needs is a consistent role off the bench.
            That could be a positive. If he knows when and where his minutes come from day in day out it could allow him to add that consistency I would like to see.

He also looks a little stronger this summer so I hope that adds a few percentage points to his finishing.
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

That could be a positive. If he knows when and where his minutes come from day in day out it could allow him to add that consistency I would like to see.

He also looks a little stronger this summer so I hope that adds a few percentage points to his finishing.
              I think he will be ok, looks to be high IQ player that picks his spots and doesn't force too much. Probably just watching at how Fred operates within the system and succeeding helped him quite a lot.

Comment

• Needs to dramatically improve the 3p%. Other than that he's got a pretty complete game, can defend well, good court vision, good pnr timing, nice floater/midrange. Solid player.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                  Needs to dramatically improve the 3p%. Other than that he's got a pretty complete game, can defend well, good court vision, good pnr timing, nice floater/midrange. Solid player.
                  His 3 shooting looked awesome in the first SL game. Was hitting some of those crazy high arcing shot Fred was hitting during the finals run...Except Flynn had the length and was hitting them over much larger players.
                  Think he is going to be the guy to breakout A.L.A Boucher from last year.
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• I know it's summer league but Flynn looked pretty fantastic. Not like someone who needs more seasoning, like someone who is way too good to be in Summer League. I think he'll be a major contributor this year, and him and Dragic off the bench is going to give teams problems.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                      I know it's summer league but Flynn looked pretty fantastic. Not like someone who needs more seasoning, like someone who is way too good to be in Summer League. I think he'll be a major contributor this year, and him and Dragic off the bench is going to give teams problems.
                      What are your thoughts after game 2? I know the team has gone younger, but I think the plan is still the playoffs, we will either need Dragic for guard depth or will need a different vet that can settle in with the game when needed.

Flynn is still not quite ready.
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

What are your thoughts after game 2? I know the team has gone younger, but I think the plan is still the playoffs, we will either need Dragic for guard depth or will need a different vet that can settle in with the game when needed.

Flynn is still not quite ready.
                        This team is not making playoffs
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Flynn is fine. He's a pretty decent on ball defender and uses his IQ to try to get the ball back. He's not an athlete though. Doesn't run fast. Doesn't jump high. Sort of a small/slight frame despite obviously gaining some weight. He should be a good shooter, but is kind of average. He can be a good facilitator but has to make that a part of his arsenal (in summer league he hasn't shown much of it). Because he's small, if he has a long defender on him he might have a hard time getting by his defender.. so would have to rely on a screen.

But he's not a bad player by any means. But he's not a star. And is totally suitable playing as a backup point guard for this team next season. I think he gets the Delon Wright card. As soon as there is an upgrade available on the market.. we likely package him as that prospect to help get the trade through.

PG's are a dime a dozen in the league.. easiest position to fill. Heck Schroeder just went for the tax payer mid level. So not worried about the position for the future.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

PG's are a dime a dozen in the league.. easiest position to fill. Heck Schroeder just went for the tax payer mid level. So not worried about the position for the future.
                            I keep hearing people say this yet every year there are at least half a dozen to ten teams desperate for PG help (this year it was Chicago, NY, NO, Dallas, Philly, Clippers, Lakers, Detroit, Miami). Yes, there are lots of PGs but that is not the same as lots of good PGs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

If Pascal only misses a few games we are making the playoffs. I think we are going to be pleasantly surprised by OG, and Gary Trent Jr.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Fred
                                Trent Jr
                                OG
                                Pascal
                                Birch

That is a good five, good enough to make playoffs, only guy missing this year is Lowry. A big loss yes, but should not keep us out of the top 8. I think our depth will be better this year as well. Add in playing back at home and we are improved.
                                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                                X