Everything Malachi Flynn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

he may be the same size... he aint fred lets stop with the fred / lowry / flynn comparisons just because of their size. they all play different.

also I need to see it. I am not getting over hyped based on a guy only shooting in pro-am games.. games where no one is bigger than 6'4... it isn't even the drew league.... I do look at rico hines stuff but again I look at different things.. is the process different.. how does their body look.. are turn overs thrown... Banton has a lot of turn overs even in rico hine runs.
    I think his point is that tiny guards need as much shooting space as they can get.
    Nothing wrong with that.

Comment

• yes! flynn build your stock so u can be traded for something of use.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

I think his point is that tiny guards need as much shooting space as they can get.
        Nothing wrong with that.
        sure but thats why I don't read into pro ams

Comment

• Hope he has a good year.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Hope he has a good year.
            Hopefully has a year close to what Tyus Jones had last season as they are similar type of a player. This way that contract will be a keeper rather than a throw in when or if a trade does a occur.

Comment

• I am just hoping he plays himself up enough to be am asset. Being if we keep him and he can eat up some minutes for fred or can move him for a pick at deadline
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                I am just hoping he plays himself up enough to be am asset. Being if we keep him and he can eat up some minutes for fred or can move him for a pick at deadline
                i agree.

but Now he is behind again after missing some preseason games.

we dont know when he can come back. Good full game Rhythm is hard to achieve when he is catching up. He is not a top tier talent to easily recover and pick up his game. He had some summer that he can brag about, just unfortunate that he went down.

Comment

• Not sure he's in the mix for many minutes this year with the emergence of Banton. To me he is deep bench insurance and trade fodder.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• He was solid in limited minutes last night

Comment

• How great would it be if he turned into our Jordan Poole? Just needs to be consistent shooting and Nurse needs to give him a consistent role.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                        How great would it be if he turned into our Jordan Poole? Just needs to be consistent shooting and Nurse needs to give him a consistent role.
                        I suspect Nurse will give him a consistent role when he becomes aaa consistent shooter.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

I suspect Nurse will give him a consistent role when he becomes aaa consistent shooter.
                          I suspect with Flynn it has more to do with his defense than his consistency as a shooter. So I guess the Jordan Poole comparison shouldn't have been made because Nurse would never allow it. I'm curious why they've held onto Flynn for as long as they have if they don't see him as part of the future.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

Flynn is leading the Raptors in 3P shooting at 50%. Yes.... 50%. Not consistent enough, I guess. Maybe Flynn needs to attend Nurse's night shooting school that's worked wonders for the team.

Let's face it. Flynn's dad sabotaged Malachi's career by calling out Nurse on Twitter and Nurse is holding a grudge. Not saying he's deliberately setting up Flynn for failure, but he's definitely not putting Malachi in situations to succeed, if that distinction makes sense.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I suspect with Flynn it has more to do with his defense than his consistency as a shooter. So I guess the Jordan Poole comparison shouldn't have been made because Nurse would never allow it. I'm curious why they've held onto Flynn for as long as they have if they don't see him as part of the future.
                              He's been shooting very well, and personally I don't think his defence is all that bad. I don't think trents is all that bad either. But, they may not be ideal defenders for our system, and when one of these guys shares the floor with guys like OG, Pascal, Barnes, Precious, Fred, Otto, young etc., it's not hard to see why they get picked on. Opposing teams seek them out with their best offensive players because it's easier than trying to beat the other guys. Our offence takes the very same approach many times a game. It's a smart approach to counter switch all defences, which I'm sure you know because it happens all over the league.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post

He's been shooting very well, and personally I don't think his defence is all that bad. I don't think trents is all that bad either. But, they may not be ideal defenders for our system, and when one of these guys shares the floor with guys like OG, Pascal, Barnes, Precious, Fred, Otto, young etc., it's not hard to see why they get picked on. Opposing teams seek them out with their best offensive players because it's easier than trying to beat the other guys. Our offence takes the very same approach many times a game. It's a smart approach to counter switch all defences, which I'm sure you know because it happens all over the league.
                                Yeah, it's not that his defense is terrible, but on this team it seems that way because as you say he tends to get hunted on switches. He'd probably be really good on a young team looking to run n' gun.

Comment

Working...
                                X