Everything Aron Baynes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Great One wrote: View Post
    So is Baynes the starting C? he has to be right? Boucher is a 3rd big at best and Len is really more of a backup.
    I'd guess so. Spaces the floor, knows his (veteran role), can make the pass, screen assists, some muscle and toughness to start the game. Lets Boucher be a productive spark off the bench.

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post
      So is Baynes the starting C? he has to be right? Boucher is a 3rd big at best and Len is really more of a backup.
      Baynes starts, Boucher gets more run to see what he's got and then adjust minutes based on that and matchups.
      Personally, I love that we have a banger at the starting C again. We're actually going to rebound the ball.

As I said previously, I see Baynes being a fan favorite in a few months, just based on heart and hustle as much as raw stats. Not afraid to get his lunch gets muddy ....
      Last edited by G__Deane; Wed Nov 25, 2020, 04:05 PM.

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post

Baynes starts, Boucher gets more run to see what he's got and then adjust minutes based on that and matchups.
        Personally, I love that we have a banger at the starting C again. We're actually going to rebound the ball.

As I said previously, I see Baynes being a fan favorite in a few months, just based on heart and hustle as much as raw stats. Not afraid to get his lunch gets muddy ....
        And let's not forget, he can actually put the ball in the hoop every now and then, which will require someone from the other team to guard him. Baynes was a good floor spacer in Phoenix in the sense that not only he would step out to permiter and actually shoot (pulling the opposing rim protector out of the paint), he was actually really good a sealing off help defenders in the paint too, to hold open driving lanes for his teammates. That seal often kept him right there for an offensive board (or pass) if the drive didn't convert. The cost of that was he got physically banged/injured a lot, but the guy is tough as nails. If he can stay healthy he will be a big help for us.

Comment

I’d imagine we’ll see lineups with Boucher at the 4 alongside either Baynes or Len
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

inthepaint wrote: View Post
            ...he was actually really good a sealing off help defenders in the paint too, to hold open driving lanes for his teammates. That seal often kept him right there for an offensive board (or pass) if the drive didn't convert.
            This really jumped out at me. He seals his guy like an asphalt crew seals a driveway. Once he seals, there's a lane to drive.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
              I’d imagine we’ll see lineups with Boucher at the 4 alongside either Baynes or Len
              I agree. I think Nurse goes with Boucher at the 4 especially early season to save OGs body from from banging down low too much. Playoffs? I expect OG to play 45 minutes primarily as a big.

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post

I agree. I think Nurse goes with Boucher at the 4 especially early season to save OGs body from from banging down low too much. Playoffs? I expect OG to play 45 minutes primarily as a big.
                We're also really thin at SF. We also don't have that 6-7 / 6-8 guy who can backup OG other than Brissett, who is still a project. OG will be playing SF, PF & C. lol.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

We're also really thin at SF. We also don't have that 6-7 / 6-8 guy who can backup OG other than Brissett, who is still a project. OG will be playing SF, PF & C. lol.
                  One of the reasons I was thinking there could be another move in the offing.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

We do still have Stanley And while Bembry is smaller, that is his role. Plus we all know Nurse will go small plenty with Norm and others at the 3.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                      ...Plus we all know Nurse will go small plenty with Norm and others at the 3.
                      Yeah. The question is, how optimal is that?

Comment

Just wanted to say upfront. Aron Baynes is starting the season as my seventh favourite Raptor on the roster.

Aron, baby, that is your position to lose. Don't disappoint me, please.

Comment

I'm assuming Baynes gets the start at C, but that spot will be up for grabs as the season goes on
                          I wonder which of our bigs steps up to claim it? Hernandez is flying under everyone's radar, Len brings a skill set perfect for the modern C but can he put it together and then there's Boucher. Just the thought of him and Siakam running the floor with the Embiids of the NBA huffing and puffing behind them is enticing. Hope these guys push each other for minutes all season long.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
                            I'm assuming Baynes gets the start at C, but that spot will be up for grabs as the season goes on
                            I wonder which of our bigs steps up to claim it? Hernandez is flying under everyone's radar, Len brings a skill set perfect for the modern C but can he put it together and then there's Boucher. Just the thought of him and Siakam running the floor with the Embiids of the NBA huffing and puffing behind them is enticing. Hope these guys push each other for minutes all season long.
                            I'm hoping we don't have a set "starting C" and Nurse mixes and matches based on the matchup, gut instinct and a dash of rolling the hot hand. Otherwise, the backup should often get more than traditional backup minutes

Comment

oof XD
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

oof XD
                                He only missed most of those block attempts by 6 inches. And he doesn't quit. What's not to like?

Comment

Working...
                                X