Everything Aron Baynes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G__Deane wrote: View Post

I'm hoping we don't have a set "starting C" and Nurse mixes and matches based on the matchup, gut instinct and a dash of rolling the hot hand. Otherwise, the backup should often get more than traditional backup minutes
    Guys generally want to know where they stand in the rotation. It's one thing if you're a rookie, undrafted or in general a roster filler type player, but I think more established players demand a bit more consistency.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post

Guys generally want to know where they stand in the rotation. It's one thing if you're a rookie, undrafted or in general a roster filler type player, but I think more established players demand a bit more consistency.
      I also suspect we'll see at the very least a "usual" starting lineup with maybe occasional deviations from it, except of course for injury caused changes. Baynes seems like the obvious starter, with Boucher and Len fighting for backup minutes based on matchups and availability of minutes at the 4. Baynes isn't a 30 minute guy anyway, and though we likely close small with OG at C a lot there should still be plenty of minutes for the backups to share. I suppose Boucher if he really impresses could claim the starting spot over the course of the season but that's a lofty goal.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I forgot that Baynes won a chip in 2014 with the Spurs. Look what happened when Kawhi came here

Also, how can you not love this guy's attitude?
        “I’m looking forward to going out there and playing within Nick’s system. I know it’s going to be a little bit different, we’ll give teams different looks, but that makes it even more entertaining for me. It’s always fun when you see a team come down and there’s a bit of confusion in their faces. You know you are doing something right and the game is hopefully going to swing a bit in your favour as soon as you see that.’

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nba/article...-point-stroke/

Comment

Found an interview of his with our media. Seems like a really good dude.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post

He only missed most of those block attempts by 6 inches. And he doesn't quit. What's not to like?
            He has my respect for sure. Takes a big man to get dunked like that and still challenge guys
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

I’m gonna miss Serg and Marc but I love this signing. I was impressed with him when he played for the Celtics, I didn’t get to see him much on the Suns but I heard he was doing pretty well. Hopefully he can bring that toughness to the 5

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

I also suspect we'll see at the very least a "usual" starting lineup with maybe occasional deviations from it, except of course for injury caused changes. Baynes seems like the obvious starter, with Boucher and Len fighting for backup minutes based on matchups and availability of minutes at the 4. Baynes isn't a 30 minute guy anyway, and though we likely close small with OG at C a lot there should still be plenty of minutes for the backups to share. I suppose Boucher if he really impresses could claim the starting spot over the course of the season but that's a lofty goal.
                He averaged 33 minutes per game last year. I doubt he will with Toronto and they'll have to guard against injury but he can carry a heavy load when necessary

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post

He averaged 33 minutes per game last year. I doubt he will with Toronto and they'll have to guard against injury but he can carry a heavy load when necessary
                  Who Baynes? No he averaged 22mpg last year. He only played 5 games over 30 minutes.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

Who Baynes? No he averaged 22mpg last year. He only played 5 games over 30 minutes.
                    Seemed high to me I should have looked it up but took that from the interview posted above. Uninformed media hack I shouldn't be surprised

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

Well Hernandez just got waived so not quite as much completion. Guess those stories about him looking unimpressive in G League must have had some truth to them.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post

Well Hernandez just got waived so not quite as much completion. Guess those stories about him looking unimpressive in G League must have had some truth to them.
                        He barely played any basketball in 2 years. With the unknowing as of yet if the G league will be a thing this year at all, it's likely to be a wasted roster spot for a guy who has yet to show he can play at this level.

He was a low 2nd round pick for a reason and has yet to prove himself.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post

He barely played any basketball in 2 years. With the unknowing as of yet if the G league will be a thing this year at all, it's likely to be a wasted roster spot for a guy who has yet to show he can play at this level.

He was a low 2nd round pick for a reason and has yet to prove himself.
                          Yeah, I guess they just decided their efforts could be better spent elsewhere, positional need be damned.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
                            I’m gonna miss Serg and Marc but I love this signing. I was impressed with him when he played for the Celtics, I didn’t get to see him much on the Suns but I heard he was doing pretty well. Hopefully he can bring that toughness to the 5
                            https://youtu.be/0dKroBhjcHk

Can't wait to see him hit those threes and set bone crushing screens next season.

Comment

Our front court took a step back in terms of skill and polish, but with Baynes and Len, we're certainly not lacking in work ethic.

These guys will be fun to root for.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                Our front court took a step back in terms of skill and polish, but with Baynes and Len, we're certainly not lacking in work ethic.

These guys will be fun to root for.
                                You pretty well know what you're getting and Baynes won't be as frustrating as Gasol ended up being

Comment

Working...
                                X