Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will casey play as tight a rotation as last year?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • will casey play as tight a rotation as last year?

    I am not sure if he will what are your thoughts. Kyle and Demar did miss some games and that rest seemed to rejuvenate them. It will be interesting to see how many minutes the young guys see.

  • #2
    We have more depth now so I'm gonna assume DD and Kyle's minutes should go down

    Ross and I should see am increase in minutes
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

    Comment


    • #3
      The rotation should not be too tight for two reasons:

      1) Depth: the team has it.
      2) Less competitive games: if the Raps really are going to take a step up, they need to stop playing down to their opponent.


      Lowry and DeRozan need their minutes lowered. Last year's per game totals are too much in my opinion. It is only asking for trouble come playoff time and as their careers progress.


      If the above 1) and 2) is done, I'd like to see something like this:

      PG: Lowry 31, GV 22
      SG: DeRozan 33, Williams 20
      SF: Ross 28, JJ 10

      PF: Amir 26, PP 26, JJ 5
      C: JV 30, Bebe/Hayes* <10


      *Stiemsma is not guaranteed

      Obviously injuries, fouls, and matchups would make game to game different but above is on average for core guys. Fields/Bro/Bruno/Cherry-Hamilton/one of Bebe-Hayes unlikely to get much burn with out blowouts or injuries.



      Going to be interesting to see how it all plays out. Every year the roster is getting more and more tailored to the "players" Casey consistently asks for.


      **EDIT: FOrgot about the SMALL BALL!**
      Last edited by mcHAPPY; Mon Sep 8, 2014, 08:35 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        I think Casey is salivating at the thought of a Williams/Vasqeuz/Lowry trifecta.

        Comment


        • #5
          mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          The rotation should not be too tight for two reasons:

          1) Depth: the team has it.
          2) Less competitive games: if the Raps really are going to take a step up, they need to stop playing down to their opponent.


          Lowry and DeRozan need their minutes lowered. Last year's per game totals are too much in my opinion. It is only asking for trouble come playoff time and as their careers progress.


          If the above 1) and 2) is done, I'd like to see something like this:

          PG: Lowry 31, GV 22
          SG: DeRozan 33, Williams 20
          SF: Ross 28, JJ 10

          PF: Amir 26, PP 26, JJ 5
          C: JV 30, Bebe/Hayes* <10


          *Stiemsma is not guaranteed

          Obviously injuries, fouls, and matchups would make game to game different but above is on average for core guys. Fields/Bro/Bruno/Cherry-Hamilton/one of Bebe-Hayes unlikely to get much burn with out blowouts or injuries.



          Going to be interesting to see how it all plays out. Every year the roster is getting more and more tailored to the "players" Casey consistently asks for.


          **EDIT: FOrgot about the SMALL BALL!**
          Also forgot about Tyler H. He got 15mpg last season.. seems to be the forgotten man this off season.

          Comment


          • #6
            planetmars wrote: View Post
            Also forgot about Tyler H. He got 15mpg last season.. seems to be the forgotten man this off season.
            I didn't forget him.

            He won't be in rotation unless foul trouble or injuries.

            I think he is most likely to get traded. Of Hayes, fields, and T, bro has most trade cake IMO.

            Comment


            • #7
              mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              I didn't forget him.

              He won't be in rotation unless foul trouble or injuries.

              I think he is most likely to get traded. Of Hayes, fields, and T, bro has most trade cake IMO.

              As long as we can witness the 3 headed dragon of James Johnson, Psycho T, and Stiemsma on the floor together at least once, I will be happy. :P
              I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
              -random Facebook user. 2016

              Comment


              • #8
                the ultrazord of smallball
                gv/lw/landry minaj/jj/hayes
                will be printed on opening day tickets

                Comment


                • #9
                  mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                  The rotation should not be too tight for two reasons:

                  1) Depth: the team has it.
                  2) Less competitive games: if the Raps really are going to take a step up, they need to stop playing down to their opponent.


                  Lowry and DeRozan need their minutes lowered. Last year's per game totals are too much in my opinion. It is only asking for trouble come playoff time and as their careers progress.


                  If the above 1) and 2) is done, I'd like to see something like this:

                  PG: Lowry 31, GV 22
                  SG: DeRozan 33, Williams 20
                  SF: Ross 28, JJ 10

                  PF: Amir 26, PP 26, JJ 5
                  C: JV 30, Bebe/Hayes* <10


                  *Stiemsma is not guaranteed

                  Obviously injuries, fouls, and matchups would make game to game different but above is on average for core guys. Fields/Bro/Bruno/Cherry-Hamilton/one of Bebe-Hayes unlikely to get much burn with out blowouts or injuries.



                  Going to be interesting to see how it all plays out. Every year the roster is getting more and more tailored to the "players" Casey consistently asks for.


                  **EDIT: FOrgot about the SMALL BALL!**
                  How many minutes did Terrence get last season? 28 seems like a lot. Not in my eyes but in Casey's. I would kind of be shocked if he played Terrence that much. But at the same time bringing in a James Johnson was probably the best thing that could have happened. Because James and Casey had issues before James won't have as long a leash as say John Salmons did. So that might free up some minutes for Terrence. If we brought someone Casey really liked and respected like (Rashard Lewis) or something Casey would never give Terrence minutes Lol.
                  I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    GLF wrote: View Post
                    How many minutes did Terrence get last season? 28 seems like a lot. Not in my eyes but in Casey's. I would kind of be shocked if he played Terrence that much. But at the same time bringing in a James Johnson was probably the best thing that could have happened. Because James and Casey had issues before James won't have as long a leash as say John Salmons did. So that might free up some minutes for Terrence. If we brought someone Casey really liked and respected like (Rashard Lewis) or something Casey would never give Terrence minutes Lol.
                    Terrance played 27 minutes last season, but that's probably around 31-32 after Rudy Gay left.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      MACK11 wrote: View Post
                      We have more depth now so I'm gonna assume DD and Kyle's minutes should go down



                      Ross and I should see am increase in minutes

                      Ross really needs to improve his overall consistency with more minutes. We cannot afford to have those times when he goes MIA.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Lou Williams is a bit of a wild card re minutes off the bench. It will be interesting to see how DC uses him.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          psrs1 wrote: View Post
                          Lou Williams is a bit of a wild card re minutes off the bench. It will be interesting to see how DC uses him.
                          My guess is he gets John Salmons' minutes which are about 20-22 per game.

                          If he is having a game where he is on fire, obviously, more.

                          Nights when he is not feeling it, less.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                            My guess is he gets John Salmons' minutes which are about 20-22 per game.

                            If he is having a game where he is on fire, obviously, more.

                            Nights when he is not feeling it, less.
                            I don't think he'll get all of Salmons minutes, I think JJ will get some of them.
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              007 wrote: View Post
                              I don't think he'll get all of Salmons minutes, I think JJ will get some of them.
                              Ya JJ will probably get half of those...
                              Lw will get the other half PLUS some mins that Lowry and dd shouldn't be playing

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X