Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will casey play as tight a rotation as last year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If fields has a mid range jumpshot, who would you have in the rotation:

JJ or Fields?

Comment

2kfeen wrote: View Post

JJ or Fields?
      Depends on match-ups then.

Comment

2kfeen wrote: View Post

JJ or Fields?
        It's weird how Fields and JJ have the same skill set but one is a high IQ player who knows his role and the other was a reckless, try to play like Lebron and not play his role
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

I think JJ will get some of them .....

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
            Yep, tie Lou's level of play to DeMar's minutes as well. Hopefully a decrease in DeRozan's minutes leads to a bump in FG%.
            That would be nice.

Better shot selection too.

But most importantly improved focus and effort on D.

Comment

What Im worried about is not only the amount of MPG Jonas will get but also how many touches and plays Dwayne Casey will run for our big man of the future. The way he is playing now in Fiba, hes a got damn stud the future is now!!

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                That would be nice.

Better shot selection too.

But most importantly improved focus and effort on D.

Agreed. Playing less minutes should allow for him to work harder on the defensive end.

Although he is 25, Demar will be entering his 6th year in the league this fall. He hasn't had any rest this summer either. Just like in the case of Amir and Lowry for that matter, I really do hope that Casey brings Demar's minutes down slightly. With the amount of depth the Raptors have at the wings, Demar should get at least 4 more minutes of rest on the bench (thus making him play around 34 mpg.)

Same thing with Amir.

JV, Vasquez, Ross, and Patterson should be playing more minutes. The NBA season is a marathon, and not a sprint. If the Raptors can get through next season with the same luck as last season health-wise, that would be terrific.
                I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                  ... we were ridiculously healthy last year and it would be foolish to expect the same next season.
                  This might also be thanks to the underlooked star on our coaching team, Alex McKechnie, Director of Sports Science, and apparently the NBA's reigning allstar at his position.

While I wouldn't count on continued good injury luck, it also wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

Kuh wrote: View Post
                    This might also be thanks to the underlooked star on our coaching team, Alex McKechnie, Director of Sports Science, and apparently the NBA's reigning allstar at his position.

While I wouldn't count on continued good injury luck, it also wouldn't surprise me.
                    I think having Alex McKechnie on the team is awesome.. but I'm not sure I'd connect those dots that easily. McKechnie was also there in the 2012-2013 season and the Raptors had a lot of injuries that year.

According to mangameslost.com, the Raptors ranked 3rd with man games lost that year:
                    http://www.mangameslost.com/nba-man-...-season-stats/

... their stats don't just include injuries however but 3rd worst is pretty high considering I don't remember any suspensions that year.

I really just think that the Raptors were lucky last season. Hopefully that luck continues into next year.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                      I think having Alex McKechnie on the team is awesome.. but I'm not sure I'd connect those dots that easily. McKechnie was also there in the 2012-2013 season and the Raptors had a lot of injuries that year.

According to mangameslost.com, the Raptors ranked 3rd with man games lost that year:
                      http://www.mangameslost.com/nba-man-...-season-stats/

... their stats don't just include injuries however but 3rd worst is pretty high considering I don't remember any suspensions that year.

I really just think that the Raptors were lucky last season. Hopefully that luck continues into next year.
                      Training for injury prevention doesn't happen over night. If the workouts and stretches AM put together in 2012-13 were followed by the players you'd expect to see the results towards the end of the year and into the following year.

Professional sports has made huge strides in working on stabilizing and strengthening joints to prevent injury. It's pretty interesting stuff.
                      Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                      Because its 2015

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                        Training for injury prevention doesn't happen over night. If the workouts and stretches AM put together in 2012-13 were followed by the players you'd expect to see the results towards the end of the year and into the following year.

Professional sports has made huge strides in working on stabilizing and strengthening joints to prevent injury. It's pretty interesting stuff.
                        McKechnie was hired in the summer of 2011.. so you would think we'd see improvement in the 2012-2013 season but we didn't. Hopefully his program takes 2 years to sync in

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                          McKechnie was hired in the summer of 2011.. so you would think we'd see improvement in the 2012-2013 season but we didn't. Hopefully his program takes 2 years to sync in
                          True, but how any guys from 2011 are still around? Lots of turnover since then. Obviously luck is involved but a solid training staff is crucial in such a long season.
                          Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                          Because its 2015

Comment

Working...
                          X