Everything DeAndre' Bembry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S.R. wrote: View Post
    If more Bembry means less Stanley Johnson, then I'm here for this.
    Are you sure? I know nothing about Bembry, but the stats say his career ORTG is 95 on low USG (16%). Stanley Johnson is: ORTG (93) and USG (17.6%). They are pretty much twins.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Are you sure? I know nothing about Bembry, but the stats say his career ORTG is 95 on low USG (16%). Stanley Johnson is: ORTG (93) and USG (17.6%). They are pretty much twins.
      Right, but both players the bet is on the Raptors' development and on-court systems letting them succeed. Johnson sure didn't look great last year here. Bembry there is still the hope we can unlock something.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I bet Bembry was a Tolzman pick. He was picked 21st in the 2016 draft (Poeltl/Pascal/Fred draft). Pascal was picked 27th that season. He was scouted.

Just like Malachi Richardson was, who we traded Bruno for. Richardson was picked 22nd in that same draft. A spot after Bembry.

Some teams just love prospects, and want to see them in Raptor gear.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
          My take is Bembry plays within his role a bit while Stanley Johnson comes in and is almost immediately hilariously bad. It's one thing to be a limited offensive player, it's another to dribble the ball off your foot or airball a pull up off a crossover in garbage time. But maybe Bembry does that too.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post

My take is Bembry plays within his role a bit while Stanley Johnson comes in and is almost immediately hilariously bad. It's one thing to be a limited offensive player, it's another to dribble the ball off your foot or airball a pull up off a crossover in garbage time. But maybe Bembry does that too.
            Eh i think Bembry is more like a better McCaw than Johnson. Like you say limited in role but can actually playmake a bit with the ball in his hands and uses length and activity defensively to make plays. Masai and co did a good job taking fliers on guys with at least one actual skill, which should help if they get on the court. You can mask a lot of Bembry or Lens deficiencies and highlight their skills with proper lineups, theres no masking Johnson out there.

Comment

Don't know much about Bembry, but he seems like he can handle the ball in some situations like on a fast break. Could be interesting.

Comment

Highlights from St. Joe's

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                  Highlights from St. Joe's

Encouraging. Not great competition, but he can hit contested threes and deal with contact.

Comment

Working...
                  X