X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden
    replied
    NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post

I'd rather play a undersized Yuta at C than Len. As Stephen A Smith would say: That dude is a bonafide SCRUB
    Len almost always makes the wrong decision defending any big/small pick & roll action. The whole league knows it and that fact became obvious in the Portland game earlier this year. Blazers have 2 offensive studs in Dame and CJ, and yet they ran every single possession through Nurkic, until he got hurt.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied

I'd rather play a undersized Yuta at C than Len. As Stephen A Smith would say: That dude is a bonafide SCRUB
    No disrespect whatsoever

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

I'm still a little surprised though if for nothing else than for the fact that he's a warm body. What if Baynes goes down? What if Chris goes down? It was costing us literally zero dollars to keep him as opposed to waive him. So yes, I'm still trying to figure out the reasoning. Whether you give Yuta a full contract... sign an FA (there won't be any available that offer any more than Alex could, sadly), or to make space for a roster spot in an imminent trade. Otherwise, what's the point of cutting him. Only reason is if he's a drastically negative presence in the locker-room or something, really...

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    He was likely a net negative in more ways than one, I'd tend to agree. It demonstrates a no-nonsense approach and culture a la Pat Riley - may have been some tone-setting going on there.

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    Not sure why you guys are surprised we waived him. Were we watching the same games? Dude was easily the worst player we have had on the defensive end.
    I'm still a little surprised though if for nothing else than for the fact that he's a warm body. What if Baynes goes down? What if Chris goes down? It was costing us literally zero dollars to keep him as opposed to waive him. So yes, I'm still trying to figure out the reasoning. Whether you give Yuta a full contract... sign an FA (there won't be any available that offer any more than Alex could, sadly), or to make space for a roster spot in an imminent trade. Otherwise, what's the point of cutting him. Only reason is if he's a drastically negative presence in the locker-room or something, really...

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied

Eh they're both just as bad at their respective positions. Its more glaring with Len cause he's the last line of defense. Dude allows opposing bigs to walk all over him and get easy opportunities at the basket, it was painful to watch.
    I think it was more he just can't play in our defensive system. For all the flack JV got, he could survive in Nurse's defence. Len just could not hang at all to provide value with his rim protection and rebounding like JV did.

I mean, Len is also just not very good, but you get what you pay for. They knew he wasn't great when they got him for the minimum (ish). What they didn't know was that he wouldn't be able to stay on the floor at all.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post

Thomas is worse.
    Eh they're both just as bad at their respective positions. Its more glaring with Len cause he's the last line of defense. Dude allows opposing bigs to walk all over him and get easy opportunities at the basket, it was painful to watch.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Not sure why you guys are surprised we waived him. Were we watching the same games? Dude was easily the worst player we have had on the defensive end.
    Thomas is worse.

Leave a comment:

• NoPropsneeded
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ebonhawke
    replied
    Alex Len made his debut tonight for the Wizards - played 21 minutes, had 11 points (on 4 of 6 shooting, including making a three), with 5 boards. Of course, it's the Wiz, and he was -13 in those minutes, as they lost convincingly to the Spurs

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Not sure what happened.. my initial theory was Len couldn't play the year out due to personal reasons. But him signing with Washington disproves that notion. Might have just not been happy with his playing time.. but he signed a minimum contract, so that's weird too. I mean with that contract, expect really little playing time. Wonder if he did/say something that was against team policy?

Couldn't trade him for at least another 3 weeks since we got him as a free agent. So maybe they just didn't want to wait that long to dump him?

Really odd situation. Hope one day we get the full story.
    There you go.... forgot about that. Makes sense.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Not sure what happened.. my initial theory was Len couldn't play the year out due to personal reasons. But him signing with Washington disproves that notion. Might have just not been happy with his playing time.. but he signed a minimum contract, so that's weird too. I mean with that contract, expect really little playing time. Wonder if he did/say something that was against team policy?

Couldn't trade him for at least another 3 weeks since we got him as a free agent. So maybe they just didn't want to wait that long to dump him?

Really odd situation. Hope one day we get the full story.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post

Every player has suitors when teams don't have to give up anything other than money.

I would be curious to know what precipitated his release - all the beat guys will know but they won't say anything publicly.
    If two or three teams would have signed him just for his deal, they also would have given up a token return to trade for him while we controlled his destination. jmo

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post
    "Former Toronto Raptors centre Alex Len has reportedly agreed to a one-year contract with the Washington Wizards, according to Shams Charania of The Athletic.

Len had multiple suitors, Charania reported, but opted to join the Wizards, a team in need of front-court depth."

Multiple suitors but we couldn't have traded him for a 120th round pick or something?
    Every player has suitors when teams don't have to give up anything other than money.

I would be curious to know what precipitated his release - all the beat guys will know but they won't say anything publicly.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    "Former Toronto Raptors centre Alex Len has reportedly agreed to a one-year contract with the Washington Wizards, according to Shams Charania of The Athletic.

Len had multiple suitors, Charania reported, but opted to join the Wizards, a team in need of front-court depth."

Multiple suitors but we couldn't have traded him for a 120th round pick or something?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X