Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playoff Predictions 2020/21

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    The Westbrook trade changed everything for me. They're now a playoff imo. My new top 8:

    Milwaukee
    Boston
    New Jersey
    Toronto
    Philly
    Miami
    Washington
    Chicago
    Mamba Mentality

    Comment


    • #47
      I'm a bit surprised that nobody is picking Miami to finish higher. They still play great D and their young players should come back better.

      Comment


      • #48
        LJ2 wrote: View Post
        I'm a bit surprised that nobody is picking Miami to finish higher. They still play great D and their young players should come back better.
        They are getting the lets see this again, for an extended period of time and outside the bubble level of due diligence.
        And with the 4th overall pick the Toronto Raptors select..... Scottie Barnes.

        Comment


        • #49
          The Great One wrote: View Post
          The Westbrook trade changed everything for me. They're now a playoff imo. My new top 8:

          Milwaukee
          Boston
          New Jersey
          Toronto
          Philly
          Miami
          Washington
          Chicago
          IF the Bulls make the playoffs this year its going to be on the back of Markannen who was invisible last year and he has to come back to form, Coby White will need to be a reliable ball handler all game long , Otto Porter has to give them at least one good year AND.... Zach Levine is going to have to have an epiphany on defense and put wins above his stats. .. Tall orders... but possible.

          But there are some younger up and comer teams this year... Atlanta, Chicago and Charlotte.
          And with the 4th overall pick the Toronto Raptors select..... Scottie Barnes.

          Comment


          • #50
            I somehow agree with the OP's list, but there are a lot of factors that come into play that I didn't have time to research quite yet and I think that's key when it comes to making any predictions or bets based on these predictions. I have this channel that I found https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmY...oaPJVNpeqsdrvQ which I mostly base my predictions on, anyway, it's just a tip in case any of you are interested. I didn't have time with all the craziness happening to actually do research about what's been happening at those playoffs. Hope that I'll be able to get again back into it as the new year begins. I'm from Miami originally, so I really hope they'll get out of the due diligence period, as someone said above.
            Last edited by Ciceniss; Tue Dec 22, 2020, 10:22 AM.

            Comment


            • #51
              Ciceniss wrote: View Post
              I somehow agree with the OP's list, but there are a lot of factors that come into play that I didn't have time to research quite yet.
              One of the best first posts ever. Welcome to the Republic.

              Comment


              • #52
                So I wrote my annual thing where I compile a bunch of production and impact stats (WS, BPM, RPM, PIPM) from last year, and apply them to this year's rosters to get a guess at the standings.

                https://www.raptorshq.com/2020/12/16...tors-win-total

                Or for those not interested in the long read:





                twitter.com/dhackett1565

                Comment


                • #53
                  DanH wrote: View Post
                  So I wrote my annual thing where I compile a bunch of production and impact stats (WS, BPM, RPM, PIPM) from last year, and apply them to this year's rosters to get a guess at the standings.

                  https://www.raptorshq.com/2020/12/16...tors-win-total

                  Or for those not interested in the long read:




                  Playoff bracket looks right to me - but Washington's a definite threat to take Orlando's spot.

                  The Warriors look low. I'm ready for a Steph-carrying-the-team season.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    I have a tough time seeing the Raptors finishing 2nd in the East this season. I WANT to believe

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      DanH wrote: View Post
                      So I wrote my annual thing where I compile a bunch of production and impact stats (WS, BPM, RPM, PIPM) from last year, and apply them to this year's rosters to get a guess at the standings.

                      https://www.raptorshq.com/2020/12/16...tors-win-total

                      Or for those not interested in the long read:




                      How did your predictions for the 2019-20 season end up (i.e. predicted vs. actual)?

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        golden wrote: View Post

                        How did your predictions for the 2019-20 season end up (i.e. predicted vs. actual)?
                        I haven't checked! Let me go see...

                        The model:


                        Actual standings:
                        MIL
                        TOR
                        BOS
                        IND
                        MIA
                        PHI
                        BRK
                        ORL

                        LAL
                        LAC
                        DEN
                        HOU
                        OKC
                        UTA
                        DAL
                        POR

                        15/16 playoff teams isn't bad, and the one the model missed was in 9th! But still pretty big deviations among those teams - I mean there's a reason they play the games, plus injuries, etc. I suspect that's an outlier year in terms of effectiveness of the model too, definitely some luck in there.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          S.R. wrote: View Post

                          Playoff bracket looks right to me - but Washington's a definite threat to take Orlando's spot.

                          The Warriors look low. I'm ready for a Steph-carrying-the-team season.
                          100% agreed. Have to imagine the Warriors are at the very least going to be in contention for the playoffs if Steph can play a full season (which the model is assuming) and not near the bottom of the league.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            LJ2 wrote: View Post
                            I have a tough time seeing the Raptors finishing 2nd in the East this season. I WANT to believe
                            Yeah, with you on this. Weirdly, the ORTG and DRTG predictions are about what I would peg them as (great defensively, poor offensively), although the defence may fall off a bit. And yet I still think it likes them too much. Home court is a real possibility though.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              LJ2 wrote: View Post
                              I have a tough time seeing the Raptors finishing 2nd in the East this season. I WANT to believe
                              They're not finishing second in the East without a miracle. Hopefully top 4 .... not that it will matter tremendously in the playoffs

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Better get my predections in on the verge of the season.
                                In the East the real main question is where the nets stand are they in the top tier that includes just the bucks or with the raps, celtics, sixers and heat in the next tier? Ill say durant is almost back and they are up with the bucks while healthy.

                                1.Nets
                                2.Bucks
                                3.Celtics
                                4.Raps
                                5.Heat
                                6.76ers
                                7.Wizards
                                8.Pacers
                                9.Hawks
                                10.Hornets

                                West has 10-12 teams that could be playoff teams. And 5 of those will be fighting for the last couple seeds.

                                1.Den
                                2.LAL
                                3.Mavs
                                4.LAC
                                5.Utah
                                6.GSW
                                7.Portland
                                8.NOP
                                9.Phx
                                10.Memphis
                                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X