No announcement yet.

Playoff Predictions 2020/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The nets are the hard one to peg. They could be the best team in the east like berta is predicting, and they might not have home court in the playoffs if injuries or chemistry become a problem.

Bucks
    celtics
    nets
    heat
    Raps
    6ers
    pacers
    hawks
    wiz

lakers
    nuggets
    mavs
    clips
    blazers
    warriors
    jazz
    suns

So many good teams this year, gonna be a dog fight for the last couple playoff spots in both conferences. Should be a hell of a fun season.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
      I have a tough time seeing the Raptors finishing 2nd in the East this season. I WANT to believe
      I know I'm in the minority but I don't, actually. The Raptors may not be the 2nd best team in the East anymore but this whole Lowry run they've been a very, very good regular season team at the least and I 100% see that continuing. Meanwhile a team like Boston is more of a playoff team, Miami may be too (a mid seed last season). Then people are banking a lot on change - how compelled is a Kyrie/KD team to blow out the competition in the regular season? I expect not at all. Those guys will be happy to win a bunch of games, take it easy on the transition and with their health, and aim for the playoffs. Philly also keeps disappointing, Morey has recalibrated them a bit but it's still a Simmons/Embiid team (for now).

I really think the Raptors have as good a shot at the 2nd seed as anybody. I definitely expect them to have home court in the 1st round.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post

They're not finishing second in the East without a miracle. Hopefully top 4 .... not that it will matter tremendously in the playoffs
        The Raps are a tough team in the East to peg. The core of Lowry/FVV/Siakam/OG is still pretty good and they have some young depth with potential to be solid. But they've lost a lot of key players (Green, Leonard, Gasol, Ibaka) in 2 off seasons and at some point losing so much catches up with you.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post

I know I'm in the minority but I don't, actually. The Raptors may not be the 2nd best team in the East anymore but this whole Lowry run they've been a very, very good regular season team at the least and I 100% see that continuing. Meanwhile a team like Boston is more of a playoff team, Miami may be too (a mid seed last season). Then people are banking a lot on change - how compelled is a Kyrie/KD team to blow out the competition in the regular season? I expect not at all. Those guys will be happy to win a bunch of games, take it easy on the transition and with their health, and aim for the playoffs. Philly also keeps disappointing, Morey has recalibrated them a bit but it's still a Simmons/Embiid team (for now).

I really think the Raptors have as good a shot at the 2nd seed as anybody. I definitely expect them to have home court in the 1st round.
          Lowry never did it on his own, but this season more than ever he will be the sole "vet" on the roster. It's the basketball IQ that walked out the door with Serge and Marc that will hurt the most. Fingers crossed the core guys step up big.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post

The Raps are a tough team in the East to peg. The core of Lowry/FVV/Siakam/OG is still pretty good and they have some young depth with potential to be solid. But they've lost a lot of key players (Green, Leonard, Gasol, Ibaka) in 2 off seasons and at some point losing so much catches up with you.
            Yah I just don't see how pretty good finishes top 2 in the East any more. Too many good teams now and better high end talent.
            Top 3-6 finish and a second round exit again. To me it sucks, I wanted them to stay near the top and not drop so quickly after a championship season.

Comment

Yah I just don't see how pretty good finishes top 2 in the East any more. Too many good teams now and better high end talent.
              Top 3-6 finish and a second round exit again. To me it sucks, I wanted them to stay near the top and not drop so quickly after a championship season.
              Most teams that lose their superstar after a championship would be in freefall. It is actually shocking the Raptors are still as competitive as they are.

EDIT: Maybe not shocking around these parts, but there's a reason why a lot of people thought they might not make the playoffs last season. What they are doing is without much, if any, precedent.

Comment

Best case scenario is 3rd seed. For that to happen they need Siakam to take his game to the next level.

Worst case scenario is 6th seed.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                X