Everything Jalen Harris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything Jalen Harris

No Jalen Harris thread yet? don't really know anything about him other than the Kyle Lowry tweet lol. But watching some of his clips, he can play.

Mamba Mentality

Nice. Looks to have a neat midrange shot too, which is kind of a lost art in young players. He probably won't crack the rotation this year, but later on, between him and Flynn (who's got a nice floater from the short corner/FT zone a-la Mike Conley), that could be an out when our main options are too clogged up.

We need to take this bridge year to find a renewed focused on our offence. Need to reward people that can actually put the ball in the basket a little more. Too many times last playoffs between FVV being stuffed at the rim, and Siakam and Gasol forgetting where the basket was, we were dry as the Sahara on that end. I mean , yeah defence is key, but if we can't put the ball in the hoop and are afraid to play the guys that can, we're not going too far.

Comment

Interesting if we gets signed by Raps
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Probably ends up on a two way for this year. Good news is two ways can play up to 50 games this season, so he may well get some run.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Looks pretty darn smooth with his offensive repertoire. Good size. Here's a recent workout where you can really see how tight his handle is.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
            Looks pretty darn smooth with his offensive repertoire. Good size. Here's a recent workout where you can really see how tight his handle is.

Man, pretty much all prospects look like super stars during workouts. Not saying Harris doesn't have skills, but really we will have no clue until we see him in a game. I have a fair bit of optimism in this guy. The FO picked him and they saw something in him obviously. Hope he can contribute this season a little at least. I hope Nurse finds a way to use him for some minutes.

On another note, watching these guys, they all have skills. It seems like what they need to move forward is reps. Hope the G-League finds a way to work. The 905 isn't going to get any run in Toronto. Will MLSE bite the bullet to pay for them to compete in a G-League bubble?

Comment

Not a complaint, but his dribble looks a bit high. Raps have one of the best player development programs in the NBA, so not worried.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post

Man, pretty much all prospects look like super stars during workouts. Not saying Harris doesn't have skills, but really we will have no clue until we see him in a game. I have a fair bit of optimism in this guy. The FO picked him and they saw something in him obviously. Hope he can contribute this season a little at least. I hope Nurse finds a way to use him for some minutes.

On another note, watching these guys, they all have skills. It seems like what they need to move forward is reps. Hope the G-League finds a way to work. The 905 isn't going to get any run in Toronto. Will MLSE bite the bullet to pay for them to compete in a G-League bubble?
                I love pre-NBA highlight videos. They're hilarious. Everybody looks spectacular.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

None of our 2 guards can create their own shot off the dribble( Norm, Davis, Thomas). And we don't really have a guy on this team that can create their own shot. Closest one is probably Kyle?

Watching some of Harris' clips, looks like he's a guy that can create his own shot. So that's huge.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post
                    None of our 2 guards can create their own shot off the dribble( Norm, Davis, Thomas). And we don't really have a guy on this team that can create their own shot. Closest one is probably Kyle?

Watching some of Harris' clips, looks like he's a guy that can create his own shot. So that's huge.
                    Agreed. The sad thing is he's most likely not getting minutes this season BUT for our future I really like him
                    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post

Easy tiger. Just a bit of fun/hype for our new guy (who is a total unknown to me at least) doing some change-of-direction layup drills.

Comment

I’m actually really intrigued by Harris. He was on quite the trajectory prior to the NCAA being shutdown. He lost a year redshirting and his last season was cut short. If you look at what he did his years LU Tech and then Pre shutdown numbers it’s pretty impressive. I’m still gonna watch more tape, but I could see him coming in and taking TD’s mins.

Comment

Although we have Flynn and Norm (who will most likely play some 3) playing the majority of the backup backcourt minutes, he could carve out a role..

shit we have Matt Thomas too, who deserves an increased role. Maybe Norm takes all of his minutes at the 3

Comment

Here he is as a scrawny kid just a few short minutes ago:

Comment

Mr 59th pick just became only the sixth rookie this year to score over 30 points. Not too shabby. Interesting note given the way some rooks are force fed minutes. He did it in the least minutes played in the game except for Theo Maledon(31min). Figured this thread could use a bump.
                              Last edited by Jclaw; Sat May 15, 2021, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X