Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
      Mr 59th pick just became only the sixth rookie this year to score over 30 points. Not too shabby. Interesting note given the way some rooks are force fed minutes. He did it in the least minutes played in the game except for Theo Maledon(31min). Figured this thread could use a bump.
      Probably in the least minutes since they were drafted as well.

Comment

I like what Ive seen from him these past few games. There should be a bench scoring role to explore with him if hes here next season.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
          I like what Ive seen from him these past few games. There should be a bench scoring role to explore with him if hes here next season.
          Hard to believe the FO would let him get away with what he's shown and the salary they can keep him at.

Comment

I know there are a few caveats (small sample, games not affecting seeding, teammates he was playing with etc), but it looks he's got a level of positive risk-taking and aggressiveness that can translate well to bigger games and a bigger role, with success.

His game contrasts well with Flynn's which is also good but more deliberate and calculated, looking to set up teammates and initiate spaces on the offence with the PnR (a classic PG); Harris's is a more explosive, lengthier, rim slasher, 3pt shots off side-steps within small spaces etc, often creating his own shot (a classic SG). Nice backcourt tandem.

Let's hope he also receives adequate and stable minutes and the ability to play through mistakes without quick-hooks, so he can develop. If he has the chance to actually get into a rhythm vs nba caliber opposition (on both ends of the floor), I see a good player there. His overall attitude on both ends of the floor is conducive to making an impact.

Comment

I like what I have seen from Harris more so than from Flynn for long term. Harris reminds me of another Harris, Gary. His slight frame is of concern as he looks much smaller than his listed 6'5" out there. I hope this off season he works on making reads as a primary ball handler to help cut down his turnovers and adds some strength to increase his defensive effectiveness.

If Trent is back as a the starter I like Harris and Bembry as the back-up rotation. Bembry is a little more capable of creating offense for others and can also play as a small forward.
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

What is Jalen Harris' contract situation? I thought he was still on a 2-way, which would mean that we'd have to sign him to a regular contract in the off-season. If so, what do we think that contract looks like. Need to factor that into cap calculations now.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                  What is Jalen Harris' contract situation? I thought he was still on a 2-way, which would mean that we'd have to sign him to a regular contract in the off-season. If so, what do we think that contract looks like. Need to factor that into cap calculations now.
                  Yes, he'll need a contract. But he's RFA, will likely sign for the minimum, and his cap hold is literally zero coming off a two way.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Comment

Man, I really liked Jalen Harris. Will be tough for him to get back in to the league. First Davis and now Harris.. what's up with these off guards that we end up picking so late in the draft or just outside of it? #RaptorCulture am I right

Kidding aside, hope he gets his stuff together. Hopefully he was just partying it up and was an idiot as opposed to a more serious addiction. Sucks that the NBA would just cut ties with a kid like that instead of giving them some rope.

From a team perspective.. probably means Bembry comes back for sure now even if we draft a guard at #4.

Comment

That really sucks, he was showing so much promise there towards the end of the season. Hope he can work his way back to the NBA and take his career more seriously.

Comment

WHAT?

Is there a zero-tolerance policy for certain substances or something? It's the offseason, how is this even possible?

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                            WHAT?

Is there a zero-tolerance policy for certain substances or something? It's the offseason, how is this even possible?
                            Yeah for certain "drugs of abuse"

Comment

Raptors were known for bringing in good high character guys but recently went away with it Davis and Harris now. Raptors gotta remember it's the people who make the culture not the other way around.
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                                Man, I really liked Jalen Harris. Will be tough for him to get back in to the league. First Davis and now Harris.. what's up with these off guards that we end up picking so late in the draft or just outside of it? #RaptorCulture am I right

Kidding aside, hope he gets his stuff together. Hopefully he was just partying it up and was an idiot as opposed to a more serious addiction. Sucks that the NBA would just cut ties with a kid like that instead of giving them some rope.

From a team perspective.. probably means Bembry comes back for sure now even if we draft a guard at #4.
                                Seems historically that the only guys suspended for this have been guys with long running issues (Evans and Mayo) rather than one-offs but since none of us know what happened it's certainly hard to comment.

Given that, I'm not going to question the guy's character cause I don't know him or what happened.

Comment

Working...
                                X