Everything Jalen Harris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slaw wrote: View Post

Seems historically that the only guys suspended for this have been guys with long running issues (Evans and Mayo) rather than one-offs but since none of us know what happened it's certainly hard to comment.

Given that, I'm not going to question the guy's character cause I don't know him or what happened.
    Pretty wide spectrum of substances, too.. I mean the list runs the gamut from something ridiculous like taking a xanax, all the way up to, oh, heroine, or fentanyl.

Would be nice to have some more clarity into what transpired, but that likely won’t be happening with league policy, unless Jalen himself comes out and talks about the specifics.

Hopefully, if he needs help he’ll get it and be able to get his career, and life, back on track.

Comment

That was a "frightening" list of drugs ... not all what are sometimes considered recreational. Very unfortunate. If he was in fact dependent it would seem no one noticed any symptoms ? I hope the Raptors/NBA have an outreach program to help him.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
        That was a "frightening" list of drugs ... not all what are sometimes considered recreational. Very unfortunate. If he was in fact dependent it would seem no one noticed any symptoms ? I hope the Raptors/NBA have an outreach program to help him.
        Keon Clark admitted to have played drunk in a few games with the Raptors.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post

In 25 years I've never played drunk in my Sunday morning Oldtimers league in Peterborough. Though I will admit there were games where it might have improved my game.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post

KeonClark has never admitted to posting drunk, but we all know that's happened more than a few times. lol.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
              Man, I really liked Jalen Harris. Will be tough for him to get back in to the league. First Davis and now Harris.. what's up with these off guards that we end up picking so late in the draft or just outside of it? #RaptorCulture am I right

Kidding aside, hope he gets his stuff together. Hopefully he was just partying it up and was an idiot as opposed to a more serious addiction. Sucks that the NBA would just cut ties with a kid like that instead of giving them some rope.

From a team perspective.. probably means Bembry comes back for sure now even if we draft a guard at #4.
              We're rumored to be signing Ishamel Wainright and I think he fills the Bembry role this season. Masai likes to look for diamonds in the rough every season and Bembry wasn't a diamond, Wainright might be.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

KeonClark has never admitted to posting drunk, but we all know that's happened more than a few times. lol.
                My bad, he admitted in court for "never played a game sober" so technically wasn't drunk..just constantly impaired.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...tle-addiction/

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post

We're rumored to be signing Ishamel Wainright and I think he fills the Bembry role this season. Masai likes to look for diamonds in the rough every season and Bembry wasn't a diamond, Wainright might be.
                  Keep forgetting about him. But I think he might be our Stanley replacement.. he has wide shoulders, and can probably play the 3 more than the 2. I still think Bembry has a chance of coming back. His option is really small.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

Keep forgetting about him. But I think he might be our Stanley replacement.. he has wide shoulders, and can probably play the 3 more than the 2. I still think Bembry has a chance of coming back. His option is really small.
                    Didn't realize it was a team option. Yeah in that case he was always coming back. You're not gonna get a better player than Bembry for $2M.

Comment

Didn't realize it was a team option. Yeah in that case he was always coming back. You're not gonna get a better player than Bembry for $2M.
                      F#$# NO..Bembry is Trash. I don't want that bum, go back to the hawks.
                      I don't care if he was get nothing, I don't want 2 c him in raptors uniform or Stanley or Baynes or Paul Watson or Rodney Hood..c yeah.Bye Bye..Trash..
                      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

TSN has a release, from the Canadian Press, that the SVI waiving was to make room for Jalen Harris.

"TORONTO — The Toronto Raptors waived guard Svi Mykhailiuk on Monday.

The move makes room for guard Jalen Harris, who was recently reinstated by the NBA and the National Basketball Players Association after serving a one-year suspension for a positive drug test."

https://www.tsn.ca/toronto-raptors-w...liuk-1.1842135

Anyone seen anything to back this up? Or is it speculation?

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                          TSN has a release, from the Canadian Press, that the SVI waiving was to make room for Jalen Harris.

The move makes room for guard Jalen Harris, who was recently reinstated by the NBA and the National Basketball Players Association after serving a one-year suspension for a positive drug test."

I like this and it makes sense to me. Jalen was a 2nd round pick for us that ended his rookie season playing extremely well. Then the drug suspension happened and he lost a season. I'm still very high on Jalen being a solid bench contributor for us.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post

I suspect it is speculation at this point. Svi waiving would only make room for Harris on the camp roster, not the big team.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

I suspect it is speculation at this point. Svi waiving would only make room for Harris on the camp roster, not the big team.
                              The quote doesn't specify big team. I assumed it was referencing camp roster.

Comment

The quote doesn't specify big team. I assumed it was referencing camp roster.
                                What I'm wondering is whether they bring him to camp. If they sign him and waive him, they lose his rights. So if they sign him, they probably do so expecting him to make the roster. Unless they can convince him on an exhibit 10, sign and waive, let him go to 905. But then he can still sign with another NBA team...
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X