Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Hansbrough get traded?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Will Hansbrough get traded?

    Sadly, Tyler Hansbrough seems like the odd man out for most of us. Do you guys think he'll get traded? For what, and when?

  • #2
    Sadly?

    And he probably gets moved at the deadline for a second rounder or something.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

    Comment


    • #3
      Yeah the Raps don't have any 2nd rounders for a while...That sounds like what they would want.

      Comment


      • #4
        Sadly because I think we never used him in a good way. He proved in the past that he could be a big part in a winning team.

        With that being said, it's as sad to keep him until the deadline than to trade him now since we waist a roster spot by keeping him until then.

        Comment


        • #5
          http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pyofkc9

          I made that up

          you guys tell me why it would work and why it wouldn't
          Abbas wrote:

          First of all i was my own source

          Comment


          • #6
            Abbas wrote: View Post
            http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pyofkc9

            I made that up

            you guys tell me why it would work and why it wouldn't

            Looks good 2 me Abbas,get it Done
            Always been a fan of Kendrick Perkings
            "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
            My kitchen is always open to friends"

            Comment


            • #7
              I just dont think we should trade him.

              Comment


              • #8
                charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                Sadly, Tyler Hansbrough seems like the odd man out for most of us. Do you guys think he'll get traded?
                At this point, I think he will stay on the team. Last year, he primarily came in as a substitute for Valanciunas--some 80% of his time was at centre. The only way he gets traded is if Coach Casey persuades the GM to keep Stiemsma instead. There is no question that Hansbrough is the better all-around player: better on offence, better on defence. Stiemsma is much the better shot-blocker, of course.

                The other consideration is that Hansbrough's role on the team has yet to be determined. I assume the coach has a plan. But if it involves Hansbrough as the third-string power forward, heck, Mr. Ujiri can probably get some decent assets for Tyler if he just rotting away on the bench. Hansbrough ranks 15th in the NBA in rebounding among power forwards per 36 minutes, and 5th in offensive rebounds. In advanced stats, Tyler is 7th among power forwards in eDiff, and second only to Lowry on the team. He is also 23rd in TS%. You just do not waste talent like that on the bench.

                So yeah, it would be sad if that actually happened. One other thing, if you saw him in college, he is great on the fast break. Now with the second team Toronto has, you could see that skill in the NBA.
                Last edited by caccia; Thu Sep 11, 2014, 01:54 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Abbas wrote: View Post
                  You guys tell me why it would work or why it wouldn't.
                  It is too complicated to work. The GM is making small moves this off-season, not big ones.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    i could see it going both ways. stays and comes off the books or is sent out for a 2nd rounder etc. unless lowry doesn't play up to par i don't think masai will make as many trades this year. he has shown the willingness to send out underachievers quickly though. for me, keeping as much expirings on the team as possible is more valuable than the minor asset tyler would bring back.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Send him to Charlotte, they need a backup there for a year and he can return home, alternatively, trade him to Utah for one of their young guards. If you are a hater of psycho send him to the 76ers for 2 second round picks.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        caccia wrote: View Post
                        At this point, I think he will stay on the team. Last year, he primarily came in as a substitute for Valanciunas--some 80% of his time was at centre. The only way he gets traded is if Coach Casey persuades the GM to keep Stiemsma instead. There is no question that Hansbrough is the better all-around player: better on offence, better on defence. Stiemsma is much the better shot-blocker, of course.
                        Stiemsma is a much better defender than Hansbrough. Hansbrough is mediocre, Stiemsma is actually very good overall defensively. Useless offensively, but then again so is Hansbrough (though not to the same extent). Hansbrough is a much better rebounder.

                        But the reality is, Hansbrough just isn't great at C, and we have no room for him at PF. So he is valueless to this team. If he's in the rotation, it will be to it's detriment. In the meantime, he is one of the few expirings we have that might actually be able to contribute on a playoff team - so he has value in a trade. Even a second round pick is worth getting back, considering he is almost certainly being let go at the end of the season and won't contribute much this year.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Tyler hansborough plus Amir Johnson plus 1st round pick for Derrick Favors or Tyler for timothy Mozgov. Tyler hansborough plus Greg S for Zaza from Mil.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                            Sadly, Tyler Hansbrough seems like the odd man out for most of us. Do you guys think he'll get traded? For what, and when?
                            If Amir continues to have injury issues we will need him. He played a lot of minutes last year and I would be surprised to see him moved given his cheap contract.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
                              Tyler hansborough plus Amir Johnson plus 1st round pick for Derrick Favors or Tyler for timothy Mozgov. Tyler hansborough plus Greg S for Zaza from Mil.
                              ZAZA is done. Are u serious?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X