Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Hansbrough get traded?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
    But Durant though....
    So the argument is that we should trade assets for him and then let him walk? I'm confused.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

    Comment


    • #32
      ceez wrote: View Post
      Why would any team trade for Psycho T?

      Well his still a good contributor,plays hard.
      Does get into the opposition heads when his on the floor,disturber.
      I don't mind his antics,rodman like without the hair color,tats,rebonding,hall of fame status..lol
      Good 10,11th guy off the bench.
      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
      My kitchen is always open to friends"

      Comment


      • #33
        Abbas wrote: View Post
        http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pyofkc9

        I made that up

        you guys tell me why it would work and why it wouldn't
        As someone has previously said, way too big and complicated for a trade of non impact guys. Also Memphis gets fleeced on that deal.

        Comment


        • #34
          If a deal gets done for Fields, Hansbrough stays. Coach is in love with the ChuckWagon. Landry, not so much.

          Comment


          • #35
            Abbas wrote: View Post
            http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pyofkc9

            I made that up

            you guys tell me why it would work and why it wouldn't
            Hmm ... I'm not sure how the logarithm works but, according to the trade machine, every team involved would be worse off as a result of your trade idea.

            EDIT: isn't OKC the same team that's stashing their 2nd round draft pick in Tulsa because they don't want to give him a rookie contract?
            Last edited by godkingleonidas; Fri Sep 12, 2014, 08:12 AM.

            Comment


            • #36
              I doubt very much he'll be traded. If they picked up his option, it's because they want to keep him,
              Attitude Is A Choice.

              Comment


              • #37
                Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
                I doubt very much he'll be traded. If they picked up his option, it's because they want to keep him,
                Not necessarily. It could just mean that they view him as an asset that they didn't want to lose for nothing.

                Ujiri did this in Denver by signing Nene and then flipping him almost as quickly as he could.
                http://twitter.com/m_shantz

                Comment


                • #38
                  Faried or Milsap choose one, I choose the latter for the team we have....

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Shantz wrote: View Post
                    Not necessarily. It could just mean that they view him as an asset that they didn't want to lose for nothing.

                    Ujiri did this in Denver by signing Nene and then flipping him almost as quickly as he could.
                    Would Ujiri hesitate trading Hansborough? Definitely not but that doesn't mean Hansborough's option was picked up for that reason. Hansborough is a 2nd back up PF after Patrick P and when you look at free agent 2nd back up PF's that were available, it made sense to keep TH. Besides, why would a team pick up an option worth 2 mil. for "trade asset' purposes only when the asset would at best fetch you a 2nd rounder in return?

                    Nene was seen as Denver's future center but it didn't seem so good after they signed him to the multi year extension. Just speculating but I think things worked out perfectly when Washington came up with an offer.
                    Attitude Is A Choice.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
                      Would Ujiri hesitate trading Hansborough? Definitely not but that doesn't mean Hansborough's option was picked up for that reason. Hansborough is a 2nd back up PF after Patrick P and when you look at free agent 2nd back up PF's that were available, it made sense to keep TH. Besides, why would a team pick up an option worth 2 mil. for "trade asset' purposes only when the asset would at best fetch you a 2nd rounder in return?

                      Nene was seen as Denver's future center but it didn't seem so good after they signed him to the multi year extension. Just speculating but I think things worked out perfectly when Washington came up with an offer.
                      I agree. I wasn't claiming his option was picked up for the purpose of a trade, just that the reverse isn't true. Just because his option was picked up doesn't mean that he won't be traded, as you claimed.

                      If Ujiri trades Hansbrough for a second round pick before the season begins, he will have effectively gained a second round pick for free (since salary won't have been paid out yet).

                      Also, Hansbrough isn't the only option for a third string power forward currently on the roster. James Johnson is a great fit for small ball minutes.
                      http://twitter.com/m_shantz

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Shantz wrote: View Post
                        I agree. I wasn't claiming his option was picked up for the purpose of a trade, just that the reverse isn't true. Just because his option was picked up doesn't mean that he won't be traded, as you claimed.

                        If Ujiri trades Hansbrough for a second round pick before the season begins, he will have effectively gained a second round pick for free (since salary won't have been paid out yet).

                        Also, Hansbrough isn't the only option for a third string power forward currently on the roster. James Johnson is a great fit for small ball minutes.
                        By `I don`t think he`ll be traded`, I meant I don`t think they`re looking to trade him which I thought was the topic of this thread. For a good return, every player including DD or JV, can be traded.

                        If a team contacted the Raps. and offered a 2nd rounder for TH, I have no doubt in my mind that Ujiri would simply refuse. The only way he could get traded is if he`s included as part of a package. TH was brought back for one purpose and one purpose only. To be part of the team and not because it may result in a free 2nd rounder. No GM would risk that.
                        Attitude Is A Choice.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
                          By `I don`t think he`ll be traded`, I meant I don`t think they`re looking to trade him which I thought was the topic of this thread. For a good return, every player including DD or JV, can be traded.

                          If a team contacted the Raps. and offered a 2nd rounder for TH, I have no doubt in my mind that Ujiri would simply refuse. The only way he could get traded is if he`s included as part of a package. TH was brought back for one purpose and one purpose only. To be part of the team and not because it may result in a free 2nd rounder. No GM would risk that.
                          What risk are you talking about? Hansbrough's contract is movable.

                          Also, Ujiri is on record as "not wanting to lose an asset for nothing" and has the track record where he signed a player and then traded him as soon as he could. I don't know what Ujiri's intent was when he signed Hansbrough, but it he definitely could have picked up his option with the intent of trading him this season for other assets.
                          "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

                          "I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

                          "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            i think no he wont get traded ..

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                              What risk are you talking about? Hansbrough's contract is movable.

                              Also, Ujiri is on record as "not wanting to lose an asset for nothing" and has the track record where he signed a player and then traded him as soon as he could. I don't know what Ujiri's intent was when he signed Hansbrough, but it he definitely could have picked up his option with the intent of trading him this season for other assets.
                              On what basis do you say "Hansborough's contract is movable"?

                              In what context did Ujiri say "not want to lose an asset for nothing"?

                              I disagree that Ujiri has a track record of picking up options and trading away the player.
                              Attitude Is A Choice.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X