Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020-2021 Raptors Training Camp and Preseason

planetmars wrote: View Post

Wahoo!!! So excited that is so cool so awesome!!!!!

It's been so longggggg

As long as we #CUTTD I'll be into it

#KAWHIIII2021
    #BELIEVEWOMEN
    #KAWHIIII202111111111

Comment

Will be another strange bubble-like start to the season. Will they have crowds on screens behind the limited real crowds?
      I'm actually looking forward to seeing this team with a new player or two even over having signed Serge or Marc.
      Sometimes, change is good, Nurse a few different options, younger guys a chance to step up.

OT but I hope Matt Thomas gets more burn.

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
        Will be another strange bubble-like start to the season. Will they have crowds on screens behind the limited real crowds?
        I'm actually looking forward to seeing this team with a new player or two even over having signed Serge or Marc.
        Sometimes, change is good, Nurse a few different options, younger guys a chance to step up.

Totally agree. He showed he can hold his own defensively, and he's a really solid rebounder for a guard. Let him play 20 minutes a game and watch him find a rhythm. He'll lead the league in three-point shooting if he gets a chance. His shooting is good enough to literally change the complexion of a game. He has real gravity, we say teams immediately respected his shot despite limited minutes and role.

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post

Wanting Matt Thomas to get more burn is NEVER off topic.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post

Wanting Matt Thomas to get more burn is NEVER off topic.
            This video is probably one of the broader compilation of Thomas's highlights before he joined us. In 16mins it shows he's got
            --A surprisingly tight handle (much more so than the "bounce or two" Jack Armstrong talks about sometimes), including behind the backs and slashes to the paint
            --A very smart use of old school bank shots
            --Turnaround jumpers
            --Nice court vision to find open teammates when defences overplay him
            --When he's in rhythm (like in some of the Valencia time and the Lakers summer league, while he had time to get hot), an impossibly quick release, always with dead-square shoulders. Kid gives major Kyle Korver vibes with the shooting form. On some of the shots the ball barely reaches him and it's already going up

I'll tell ya, if McCaw averages 25min again and Thomas 8 I'm gonna lose it lol

[Video quality is bad and the music midway is also horrible - mute it and put your tunes]

Comment

inthepaint wrote: View Post

This video is probably one of the broader compilation of Thomas's highlights before he joined us. In 16mins it shows he's got
              --A surprisingly tight handle (much more so than the "bounce or two" Jack Armstrong talks about sometimes), including behind the backs and slashes to the paint
              --A very smart use of old school bank shots
              --Turnaround jumpers
              --Nice court vision to find open teammates when defences overplay him
              --When he's in rhythm (like in some of the Valencia time and the Lakers summer league, while he had time to get hot), an impossibly quick release, always with dead-square shoulders. Kid gives major Kyle Korver vibes with the shooting form. On some of the shots the ball barely reaches him and it's already going up

I'll tell ya, if McCaw averages 25min again and Thomas 8 I'm gonna lose it lol

[Video quality is bad and the music midway is also horrible - mute it and put your tunes]

Was very happy the Raptors picked up Matt after the very first few games he played in. He has shown all of the things you mentioned above PLUS and improving defensive awareness. Not the strongest defender but he plays smart positional D, especially when he is overmatched size-wise. Hoping he stays with the team for years. He's only going to get better.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post

Was very happy the Raptors picked up Matt after the very first few games he played in. He has shown all of the things you mentioned above PLUS and improving defensive awareness. Not the strongest defender but he plays smart positional D, especially when he is overmatched size-wise. Hoping he stays with the team for years. He's only going to get better.
                ALL our players are only going to get better! Sorry Puff, couldn't help myself

Comment

Comment

Should be interesting to see the schedule. It's definitely a bit of an extra stress for the Raps. Instead of taking 1 hour flights hopping back and forth from Toronto to either Boston/NY/Philly, they'll be making 3 hour flights all the time. Maybe it works in reverse and they get to rest more during a longer flight but we'll see

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                      Should be interesting to see the schedule. It's definitely a bit of an extra stress for the Raps. Instead of taking 1 hour flights hopping back and forth from Toronto to either Boston/NY/Philly, they'll be making 3 hour flights all the time. Maybe it works in reverse and they get to rest more during a longer flight but we'll see
                      The effect should be limited with the number of divisional games played dropping to 3 per team this year.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

So who's going to cover this team this year? would the local media guys in Tampa cover them this year?
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post
                          So who's going to cover this team this year? would the local media guys in Tampa cover them this year?
                          I doubt any reporter goes to Tampa for the year. They'll probably do media scrums over zoom every day.

Matt Devlin isn't even going to go there. On a podcast he mentioned that he was doing the play by play remotely.. presumably from a Toronto studio.

Comment

Major downside is going to be people asking the players about Florida vs Toronto weather all winter long.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

just noticed the countdown clock....awesome...can we get it on the main page?

Comment

Working...
                              X