Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN 2014 Future Rankings

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ESPN 2014 Future Rankings

    Is there anybody that has ESPN insider willing to post where the Raptors rank in this article?

  • #2
    11 Toronto Raptors

    The bar graphs reflect the average points given by the voters for each category.



    So much for the Rudy Gay era, huh? The Raptors became the second franchise to reach new heights after wiping their hands clean of Gay's services. First it was Memphis. Then, it was Toronto, who traded Gay to Sacramento after a 6-12 start in 2013-14 and promptly finished the season as the Atlantic Division winners with a franchise-best 48 victories.

    As such, the Raptors skyrocketed through our standings, leaping 12 other teams to rank just outside the top 10. Only Phoenix and Charlotte saw bigger jumps since our last ballot and it's easy to see why we're high on the Raptors. They're young and they're good. And thanks to strong management, they should be for a long time.

    In his first year on the job, general manager Masai Ujiri continued to work the magic he spun in Denver, getting rid of Andrea Bargnani and Gay's bloated contracts while somehow getting real assets in return. Also, Kyle Lowry is back on a team-friendly deal after a breakout season. Dwane Casey deservedly got some coach of the year pub and the training staff kept them healthy all season.

    Thus, the Raptors' management score improved dramatically since the last vote. Every indicator is up in Toronto except for the market score, which is down only a smidge. With a budding young core, there's a lot to like here.
    Hope I'm allowed to post this

    Comment


    • #3
      NaijaBoy17 wrote: View Post
      Hope I'm allowed to post this
      You;re probably not but it is appreciated.

      What is the market about and how could it possibly be down with sold out arenas, record TV viewing, standing outside in Raptor Square to watch playoffs..... I don't get that one. Is it th exchange rate?

      Comment


      • #4
        Given it's ESPN, it's probably because you can't get ESPN here and stick unnecessary U's in our words or some equally stupid bias.

        Comment


        • #5
          Katman wrote: View Post
          Given it's ESPN, it's probably because you can't get ESPN here and stick unnecessary U's in our words or some equally stupid bias.
          A post 9/11 conspiracy!

          Comment


          • #6
            I am curious about how they determine market ratings, was it that we didn't have a major off-season acquisition?

            Comment


            • #7
              mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              You;re probably not but it is appreciated.

              What is the market about and how could it possibly be down with sold out arenas, record TV viewing, standing outside in Raptor Square to watch playoffs..... I don't get that one. Is it th exchange rate?
              Appeal to future acquisitions based on team quality, franchise reputation, city's desirability as a destination, market size, taxes, business and entertainment opportunities, arena quality, fans
              I'm guessing maybe we got dinged on franchise reputation, city's desirability since it's in Canada and maybe taxes (even though they aren't actually that much more expensive). I still don't get how our market score could've dropped from last year though

              FWIW the top 10 were:
              1. Spurs
              2. Cavs
              3. Thunder
              4. Rockets
              5. Clippers
              6. Warriors
              7. Bulls
              8. Mavericks
              9. Heat
              10. Blazers
              Last edited by NaijaBoy17; Sat Sep 13, 2014, 05:45 AM.

              Comment


              • #8
                NaijaBoy17 wrote: View Post
                I'm guessing maybe we got dinged on franchise reputation, city's desirability since it's in Canada and maybe taxes (even though they aren't actually that much more expensive). I still don't get how our market score could've dropped from last year though

                FWIW the top 10 were:
                1. Spurs
                2. Cavs
                3. Thunder
                4. Rockets
                5. Clippers
                6. Warriors
                7. Bulls
                8. Mavericks
                9. Heat
                10. Blazers
                This doesn't really make much sense. How are the Rockets at 4th?

                Comment


                • #9
                  A_magic_head wrote: View Post
                  This doesn't really make much sense. How are the Rockets at 4th?
                  How are the Cavs second is the better question??

                  They should have a management rating of zero, and a draft rating of zero

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                    How are the Cavs second is the better question??

                    They should have a management rating of zero, and a draft rating of zero
                    Cavs had a really high (95) players rating. They're including the marketability of LBJ in Cleveland's market, so they actually have a better market rating than us.

                    I agree management and draft should be pretty low, have no clue why they're both around 50.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X