Toronto Raptors @ Charlotte Hornets, Dec 12 2020 -- Preseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

And therein lies a fundamental problem... Pascal doesn't have the body type for physical contact. He has a weak base and narrow shoulders. He's built more like a wing and is playing like it. Maybe the idea is to eventually move him to SF when Giannis arrives.
    Yall are overreacting to a preseason game. Was he bad in the bubble? Yes, but its a different year.

Pascal gets fouled on 11% of his shots for 5 fts a game. Thats very good for a guy who just became a primary option. He hits a very good amount of and-1s too. Hes probably more of a wing based on how he plays and who he defends but I dont see how thats bad.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

Yall are overreacting to a preseason game. Was he bad in the bubble? Yes, but its a different year.

Pascal gets fouled on 11% of his shots for 5 fts a game. Thats very good for a guy who just became a primary option. He hits a very good amount of and-1s too. Hes probably more of a wing based on how he plays and who he defends but I dont see how thats bad.
      Pascal is alright. He'll be more than fine. The only problem is that we had a free-spirited, fast/creative and spontaneous player, and tried to turn him into a methodical, calculating midrange isolation player just because we lost one the year before. If my dog dies and I get a kitten for the kids, they can't teach him how to bark. It's a cat. Let him go chase mice.
      Last edited by inthepaint; Sun Dec 13, 2020, 06:21 PM.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

Pascal is alright. He'll be more than fine. The only problem is that we had a free-spirited, fast/creative and spontaneous player, and tried to turn him into a methodical, calculating midrange isolation player just because we lost one. If my dog dies and and get a kitten for the kids, they can't teach him how to bark. It's a cat. Let him go chase mice.
        Transition baskets get taken away in the playoffs, so it would be fools gold to count on that. Pascal can play free and spontaneous when the defense is focused on an alpha, like Kawhi.

But Pascal is a beta that we’re paying like an alpha and that makes roster construction difficult... especially when FVV is now getting Pippen money. Not having that legit superstar messes up the salary cap pecking order.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Transition baskets get taken away in the playoffs, so it would be fools gold to count on that. Pascal can play free and spontaneous when the defense is focused on an alpha, like Kawhi.

But Pascal is a beta that we’re paying like an alpha and that makes roster construction difficult... especially when FVV is now getting Pippen money. Not having that legit superstar messes up the salary cap pecking order.
          You are correct. That's why next year's free agency and/or upcoming trades are key in the long term.

Comment

• Some great shooting last night. Guys looked ready to play. We played 17 bodies, and 11 of them hit a 3! Lol

OG looks GREAT. I been waiting for his MIP year, and this might finally be it. That behind the back to the dunk was cleean.

Also, that one behind the back pass from Lamelo to Bridges was dope af.

Comment

• Durant 15 in a half of play tonight. If they stay healthy, Nets could be more than decent this year

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                Durant 15 in a half of play tonight. If they stay healthy, Nets could be more than decent this year
                Possibly, but last I checked Beal and Westbrook were both out for this game. Hard to judge when the competition isn't at full strength

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Possibly, but last I checked Beal and Westbrook were both out for this game. Hard to judge when the competition isn't at full strength
                  Yeah no Bertans either. Wizs starters tonight:

Anthony Gill
                  Marlon Taylor
                  Caleb Homesley
                  Cassius Winston
                  Yoeli Childs

KD's summer pickup games are probably tougher competition than these guys.

Comment

Working...
                  X