top 500 is back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Stars have been known to leave their hometown to go elsewhere.

I see no reason why one might leave elsewhere to go home.

Not speculating or thinking it is likely, just saying. Nothing is guaranteed.
    I agree, but DeRozan has given us a lot of reason to think that he won't leave unless something drastic happens.

Comment

• draps wrote: View Post
      ^should we be worried in 2 years when demars contract expires and Kobe retires.
      How does a Compton kid turn down being the guy he grew up idolizing
      The guy he grew up idolizing was all about winning though. So unless LA is much better within 2 years, or Toronto is a lot worse, I don't think the "hometown" angle really matters to him.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        The guy he grew up idolizing was all about winning though. So unless LA is much better within 2 years, or Toronto is a lot worse, I don't think the "hometown" angle really matters to him.
        I can't remember where I read it but it was talking about the idea of a lot of players NOT wanting to play in their hometown. Understandable really - separation of work life and home life.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          If DeMar continues to excel and improve, he'll be in All-NBA contention, and at that point LA will open up the money chest - right as Kobe is about to retire. "Hometown" isn't always a big deal, but "hometown" PLUS the Lakers - that is.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
            If DeMar continues to excel and improve, he'll be in All-NBA contention, and at that point LA will open up the money chest - right as Kobe is about to retire. "Hometown" isn't always a big deal, but "hometown" PLUS the Lakers - that is.
            Well, we'll see. It's not like LA-born guys have always flocked to the Lakers. And I also have seen the kind of stories mcHappy alluded to, where some guys don't like going home because it actually complicates things for them.

I really don't think it's much of a factor. Again, I think situation of the team will matter more to DeMar than location.

Comment

• By this ranking we might have one of the best backcourts in the league.
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                By this ranking we might have one of the best backcourts in the league.
                And we have the second best SG in the entire league

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                  I tried to put a list of the 35 guys not yet listed. I think this is it (in no particular order).

Irving
                  James
                  Anthony
                  Bosh
                  Millsap
                  Wall
                  DeRozan
                  Lowry
                  Curry
                  Durant
                  Griffin
                  Love
                  Howard
                  Aldridge
                  Paul
                  Harden
                  Parker
                  Lillard
                  Davis
                  M. Gasol
                  Rose
                  Duncan
                  Horford
                  Nowitzki
                  Conley
                  Leonard
                  Randolph
                  Ibaka
                  Cousins
                  Jefferson
                  Drummond
                  Batum
                  Westbrook
                  Jordan
                  Dragic
                  Batum is already gone. But you missed Noah.

I want Kyle to be #1 among non-All Star players. Not many left : Conley, Dragic, Leonard, Drummond, Cousins and Lowry (I might be wrong...).

Will be tough but not impossible...
                  Last edited by Fanchie; Fri Oct 17, 2014, 03:27 AM.

Comment

• DeMar is in at 35

Comment

• Kyle guaranteed a spot in the top 30. 30 team league, which means he is seen as a legitimate #1 guy on a team. Some people think you are what you are in this league after a few seasons, but to look at how far this guy has come in 12 months is nothing short of amazing.
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Demar in above DWade, Kobe & Klay Thompson? Love it!

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                          Demar in above DWade, Kobe & Klay Thompson? Love it!
                          lol kobe must be pissed

Comment

• I was thinking we should redo the earlier ranking slightly. Our goal should really be to be a top 5 team in the league, not 15th in the league. So let's see how we rank relative to a 'top 5':

Our starting lineup averages middle of the pack, about 10 spots below our aspired top 5.
                            5: Kyle Lowry 29 (- 24)
                            35: Demar Derozan 35 (+0)
                            65: Jonas Valanciunas 91 (-26)
                            95: Amir Johnson 106 (-11)
                            125: Terrence Ross 135 (-10)

Our bench is unusually strong, averaging around 25 spots higher than one expects.
                            155: Patrick Patterson 134 (+21)
                            185: Greivis Vasquez 147 (+38)
                            215: Lou Williams 177 (+38)
                            245: James Johnson 248 (-3)
                            275: Hansbrough 252 (+23)

Our guys in suits look better than your guys in suits.
                            305: Hayes 278 (+37)
                            335: Fields 293 (+52)
                            365: Stiemsma 355 (+20)
                            395: Nogueira 384 (+21)
                            425: Caboclo 455 (-20)
                            Last edited by Kuh; Mon Oct 20, 2014, 05:07 PM.

Comment

• P.S. Note also the one slight imbalance in our lineup. Our bench is stacked in PFs, but has no true centers. Our stiffs in suits, on the other hand, are stacked in centers who should never see the floor, and is missing a developmental PG.

Comment

• I don't think it really matters what you set as the baseline to determine a score from.

What I would be interested in seeing is a comparison between the actual top teams in the league all ranked against a hypothetical average team. See how they all come out if measured 2 deep at each position.

Be interesting to see the results

Comment

Working...
                                X