JV comparable big man production in the modern NBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• special1 wrote: View Post
    Easy to see him developing into an Andris Biedrins type of player?? I hope they're wrong! We surely cannot build around an Andris Biedrins type of player. No wonder the guards look him off so much.... They see Andris Biedrins. Yikes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yup, that's exactly what I see in a guy who averaged 12/9 in 26 minutes per game while averaging 17.2 front court touches per game.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
      There was a brief moment where Biedrins was actually pretty good a certain aspects of the game.

Then he got fat
      Sounds familiar.... Yikes!

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
        Yup, that's exactly what I see in a guy who averaged 12/9 in 26 minutes per game while averaging 17.2 front court touches per game.
        This sarcasm? I'm not sure. I mean I don't really see the offensive versatility like a Vucivic or the Gasols.... It's actually quite awkward looking right now. He doesn't have any counters and he's scared to shoot. His shot is really flat too, but he's a good free throw shooter, so there's hope. All that aside, I'm still hoping for the best.

Comment

• Despite his minutes only being 28 MPG, and averaging only 1 more shot than last year, JV is just 1 point shy of averaging the elite 16 & 10 numbers (as defined in the OP). If games like last night's second half don't happen too much, no reason that this isn't the year for JV to join those ranks.

Plus at just age 23, JV would be one of the youngest, with only AD, Bosh, Dwight, Boogie, Drummond and Al Jeff doing it younger.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            Despite his minutes only being 28 MPG, and averaging only 1 more shot than last year, JV is just 1 point shy of averaging the elite 16 & 10 numbers (as defined in the OP). If games like last night's second half don't happen too much, no reason that this isn't the year for JV to join those ranks.

Plus at just age 23, JV would be one of the youngest, with only AD, Bosh, Dwight, Boogie, Drummond and Al Jeff doing it younger.
            Too bad his role card says nothing in second half of games

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
              Too bad his role card says nothing in second half of games
              To be fair, no one was apparently getting looks during that same time frame, according to his current coach.
              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                To be fair, no one was apparently getting looks during that same time frame, according to his current coach.
                Too bad refs didn't let Raptors have possession after halftime. League screwing Toronto again

Comment

Despite his minutes only being 28 MPG, and averaging only 1 more shot than last year, JV is just 1 point shy of averaging the elite 16 & 10 numbers (as defined in the OP). If games like last night's second half don't happen too much, no reason that this isn't the year for JV to join those ranks.

Meanwhile, Andre Drummond has gone from 5.7 FGA attempts in his rookie season to 15.2 FGA so far this year. Jonas has gone from 5.9 FGA his rookie year to 9.4 FGA over the same timespan, in spite of converting at a better rate than Drummond. Somehow Stan Van Gundy is finding shots for his young centre in this guard-happy modern NBA.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• So frustrating see the numbers he often posts in the first half and just how little he does in the second half - where it seems he barely gets the ball even though he's the only one with hot hands.

Comment

• Speaks volumes of the lunacy of caseys infatuation with guard play and demars willingness to jump right in

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Comment

• dylan123 wrote: View Post
                        So frustrating see the numbers he often posts in the first half and just how little he does in the second half - where it seems he barely gets the ball even though he's the only one with hot hands.
                        Funny thing is, he could have averaged 15 points per game last season if he got the ball consistently, and he could be averaging over 20 this season.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                          Funny thing is, he could have averaged 15 points per game last season if he got the ball consistently, and he could be averaging over 20 this season.
                          Thats far more sad than funny imo.

Be alot closer to 7 and 0 than we are now if he got the ball more last 2 games too.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                            Thats far more sad than funny imo.

Be alot closer to 7 and 0 than we are now if he got the ball more last 2 games too.

More importantly than 7-0, playing a style that is more sustainable comes playoffs.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• 21 players have managed to produce at least 20+10 (points and boards) this season in 30 MP or less. JV has done it twice(including last night).

Only others to do it twice this year, LaMarcus Aldridge, Andre Drummond, Hassan Whiteside, Dwight Howard and Kenneth Faried.

Efficiency + proficiency = a damn good player.

For the elite cut off mark of 16+10 (for centers), there are 5 players in the NBA averaging that, Drummond, Love, Davis, Cousins, and Pau. Drummond, Cousins and Pau are the only full time centers on that list (Davis is about 50/50 between PF & C, Love plays next to Mozgov or TT). JV currently averages 12.2 and 9.2, but in just 26 MPG, a per36 of 16.6 and 12.5. The guy is there if he played more.

Comment

21 players have managed to produce at least 20+10 (points and boards) this season in 30 MP or less. JV has done it twice(including last night).

Only others to do it twice this year, LaMarcus Aldridge, Andre Drummond, Hassan Whiteside, Dwight Howard and Kenneth Faried.

Efficiency + proficiency = a damn good player.

For the elite cut off mark of 16+10 (for centers), there are 5 players in the NBA averaging that, Drummond, Love, Davis, Cousins, and Pau. Drummond, Cousins and Pau are the only full time centers on that list (Davis is about 50/50 between PF & C, Love plays next to Mozgov or TT). JV currently averages 12.2 and 9.2, but in just 26 MPG, a per36 of 16.6 and 12.5. The guy is there if he played more.
                                Also, all the guys averaging 16/10 are getting at least 23.5% usage, where Love sits. JV's usage is at 20.1%.
                                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Working...
                                X