No announcement yet.

Everything NBA 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would be hilarious if the Raps make the playoffs and the Blazers dont.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
      Would be hilarious if the Raps make the playoffs and the Blazers dont.
      have the Blazers fallen off that much?
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Oldest myth on RR...."Vince cleared a 7 footer"
        He could have cleared an 8 footer if the guy bent down too....
        Oh so it was easy? The guy is 7 foot 2 and he was standing basically straight up. His head was bent to the side a little because Vince's nutsack was on it.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post

No, they've had some brutal third quarters that have really cost them in close losses to the Clips, Boston and Miami. CJ has been way too ball dominant and is making one bad play for every good play. Stotts had made some questionable decisions (the Melo stuff is wearing thin). And the defense is still atrocious.

Powell has been pretty good, though. He had 17 in the first half against LA and then CJ and Melo decided it was their time to shine and shot like 10-6,000 in the second half.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

No, they've had some brutal third quarters that have really cost them in close losses to the Clips, Boston and Miami. CJ has been way too ball dominant and is making one bad play for every good play. Stotts had made some questionable decisions (the Melo stuff is wearing thin). And the defense is still atrocious.

Powell has been pretty good, though. He had 17 in the first half against LA and then CJ and Melo decided it was their time to shine and shot like 10-6,000 in the second half.
            i can see melo shooting them out of games

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post

The 7th place Mavs are just 1.5 game back of the Blazers in the standings. If you look at their remaining schedule, the Blazers have the tougher schedule.

It's obvious what's the problem in Portland: It's coaching. They still don't play any D and they shoot a lot of dumb shots. They added Jones and Covington in the offseason to help their D but Stotts refuses to play them especially in the clutch. He keeps playing Melo who is horrible. Melo is not just a bad defender but also not that good of a scorer anymore but somehow has the green light to shoot whenever he wants to. CJ is not any better.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Oh so it was easy? The guy is 7 foot 2 and he was standing basically straight up. His head was bent to the side a little because Vince's nutsack was on it.
                Nope not easy, it was half true and half amazing
                The point is, he never "cleared a 7 footer"

Comment

The 7th place Mavs are just 1.5 game back of the Blazers in the standings. If you look at their remaining schedule, the Blazers have the tougher schedule.

It's obvious what's the problem in Portland: It's coaching. They still don't play any D and they shoot a lot of dumb shots. They added Jones and Covington in the offseason to help their D but Stotts refuses to play them especially in the clutch. He keeps playing Melo who is horrible. Melo is not just a bad defender but also not that good of a scorer anymore but somehow has the green light to shoot whenever he wants to. CJ is not any better.
                  Portland continues to be what the Raptors would have been if Masai had never turned the page on the Empty the Clip era.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Nope not easy, it was half true and half amazing
                    The point is, he never "cleared a 7 footer"
                    I know, like I said, he was 7'2.

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Portland continues to be what the Raptors would have been if Masai had never turned the page on the Empty the Clip era.
                      They need a Kawhi/DeRozan like trade in the offseason. I don't think their GM has the balls to do it though. Right now they are just wasting Dame's prime years.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Had to do a double take when I saw this headline

"Nets expected to sign Mike James"

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                          Had to do a double take when I saw this headline

It's not the Mike James that played for the Raptors. That guy is 45.

They signed a Mike James who played in Russia. He's 27.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                            Had to do a double take when I saw this headline

me too....actually had to do the math for a second...I mean, this guy was playing in Russia. That's a good place to hide for a while

Comment

They need a Kawhi/DeRozan like trade in the offseason. I don't think their GM has the balls to do it though. Right now they are just wasting Dame's prime years.
                              They need to move McCollum but Olshey doesn't like moving players with years left under contract and he's extended through 23-24 I believe. Plus, there is some question whether Lillard is on board with moving him and, if that's true, it isn't happening.

The problem with the Derozan/Leonard deal is that it was made under very unique circumstances (Kawhi's injury and behaviour, Spurs not wanting to move him out west to LA, etc.) and there is no way, absent some similar set of very unique circumstances, that a McCollum nets you that caliber of player. CJ is basically Buddy Hield at this point of his career. Not sure what market is even out there for him.

Comment

Interesting! I’ve aways liked Portland from afar and have caught some of their games this season but I didn’t realize all this was going on. I thought CJ and Melo were great for them. Maybe that was last season. Their defence being really bad was always a red flag for me though. I also didn’t realize their coach isn’t good.
                                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Working...
                                X