Everything NBA 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I would say both. Butler seems like a pretty complex dude, and from the outside looking in, you could describe as a combustible, selfish, at times toxic element, and also describe him as a warrior, team first, great leader, and I could agree with both.
    I would say the latter is more true. Butler here would have elevated Pascal and Fred's games again.
    He and Lowry would have had to learn how to co-Alpha but no doubt Kyle would have appreciated the increased swagger support.
    OG would have either come out of his shell earlier or wilted.

Raps would have been in another Finals last season instead of watching their brief window slam shut.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I would say the latter is more true. Butler here would have elevated Pascal and Fred's games again.
      He and Lowry would have had to learn how to co-Alpha but no doubt Kyle would have appreciated the increased swagger support.
      OG would have either come out of his shell earlier or wilted.

Raps would have been in another Finals last season instead of watching their brief window slam shut.
      The window didn't slam shut. We jumped through it and hung a banner up. It was a successful, mission accomplished window.
      It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

Comment

The window didn't slam shut. We jumped through it and hung a banner up. It was a successful, mission accomplished window.
        Read it again. If we had had a Butler last season (post Kawhi), we would (may have) made another Finals instead of watching the window slam shut (again) which it did. Hard.

How were you able to read it as the championship window shut just before we won our chip lol

Comment

Read it again. If we had had a Butler last season (post Kawhi), we would (may have) made another Finals instead of watching the window slam shut (again) which it did. Hard.

How were you able to read it as the championship window shut just before we won our chip lol
          My point being, the window never slammed shut, because I reserve that expression for teams who came close and never won. We won the window. Now it's over. No point complaining about last year, most NBA teams have never won a championship.
          It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

Comment

What if we had Kawhi last year? What's the point of these what ifs? We don't know how realistic it would've been for Butler to come
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

What if we had Kawhi last year? What's the point of these what ifs? We don't know how realistic it would've been for Butler to come
              What's the point of sports at all if there's no "what ifs"?

What if we draft this guy over that one?
              What if we had drafted this guy over that one?
              What if we trade player X for player(s) Y?
              What if we called a timeout, play review, different play?
              What if player X was only healthy?

Seriously, without "what ifs" second guessing and armchair quarter backing, why bother?

Comment

I would say both. Butler seems like a pretty complex dude, and from the outside looking in, you could describe as a combustible, selfish, at times toxic element, and also describe him as a warrior, team first, great leader, and I could agree with both.
                You just described your avatar.... before he won his chip and NBA validation during the victory lap.

Comment

• So Nick Nurse and TJ Warren have both come out saying the claims made about Nate Bjorkgren are false. Sounds like someone in the media is trying to get Bjorkgren fired.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                    So Nick Nurse and TJ Warren have both come out saying the claims made about Nate Bjorkgren are false. Sounds like someone in the media is trying to get Bjorkgren fired.
                    Well, who knows. But I do have some trouble believing that guys like Adrian Griffin, Sergio Scariolo and JIm Sann were being pushed around or out-politicked by anyone.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                      So Nick Nurse and TJ Warren have both come out saying the claims made about Nate Bjorkgren are false. Sounds like someone in the media is trying to get Bjorkgren fired.
                      Not the media. Damn, this whole situation is just cringe.

EDIT: RealGM deleted a tweet I posted that said Brogdon and Sabonis want Nate fired. Bizarre situation.
                      Last edited by golden; Fri May 7, 2021, 12:06 PM.

Comment

• Feel bad for Nate. some of it is probably a little bit legit, although exaggerated. There is an agenda here. Never really seen anything like this before. Hope Nurse welcomes him back, but yeah he's done in Indiana.

I think they go after Stotts once Portland finally fires him.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Feel bad for Nate. some of it is probably a little bit legit, although exaggerated. There is an agenda here. Never really seen anything like this before. Hope Nurse welcomes him back, but yeah he's done in Indiana.

I think they go after Stotts once Portland finally fires him.
                          Yeah, apparently Brogdon and Sabonis want him fired.

Comment

• I read the article. I think it's complete BS. Someone is trying to get Nate fired. If you read the Raptors part of the reporting, ask yourself, do you really think LOWRY would allow that to happen?

Also this:

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yeah, apparently Brogdon and Sabonis want him fired.
                              I want this specific lie to be true

Van Vleet/ Boucher and 2 SRPs going the other way

Do it Masai !

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Not the media. Damn, this whole situation is just cringe.

EDIT: RealGM deleted a tweet I posted that said Brogdon and Sabonis want Nate fired. Bizarre situation.
                                Is there a link to this article?

Comment

Working...
                                X